Hello! :) Any wicking ideas, coil tips for Brunhilde Top Coiler (DL) RDTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello people! i'm from Hungary, vaping for a year but only now i could say that i managed to put down analog cigarettes for real as got used to vaping 100%. i've started with PnP pod tank devices, but this country is becoming more and more hostile towards vapers and i like tinkering anyway so i'm really into DIY, including RTAs.

i'm looking for tips and recommendations how to wick a Vapefly's Brunhilde Top Coiler RDTA properly.
can you please recommend us some good vape wires that are actually thicker and sturdier, yet are fitting for the 0.25-0.30Ω criteria in a dual build?

the thing is, my gf's been loving it but often complains about that her Hilda would spread the pre-made coils' legs as there are not enough wraps and they're too thin and fragile. she uses Wotofo Dual Core Fused Clapton Ni80 0.62Ω coils (28x2+38) and still likes them because of good flavors. she prefers vaping at ~0.25-0.30Ω on 35-45W and wants the wraps to stay tight.

so now i'd rather build coils from vape wire because looks like she needs at least 6 wraps, or even 7 and most pre-made coils are less than that. however i don't really know where to look and what to grab. e.g. i have a single coil RDTA in which i use Wotofo's Framed Staple Clapton Ni80 0.33Ω and that thick "wire fence" design is neat and something similar would be great, with higher resistance of course! (i also have a spool of VandyVape's Superfine MTL Fused Clapton Wire SS316L and while 2.37Ω/f is more favorable, it's way too thin and Hilda would ruin it in an instant.)
is there any viable option?

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

Daniel Forsyth

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    G'day Mate, Welcome to ECF:thumbs:

I don't really use my Big Brunhilde that often but when I do I usually get a bit funky and crank the watts up. So I can't give you any info about what coils to use, Ange covered that. You can still use pre-made coils in there just add another wrap to get the desired number of wraps. And also your VandyVape Superfine MTL Fused Clapton wire will work in your Brunhilde I've used the same wire with all of my Brunhilde's with no problem, she won't wreck your coil.
    Have a good read through this thread Help me wick my brunhilde MTL , that will give you some great wicking tips.
    I usually stick with my MTL Brunhilde's but you wick the dual coil girls exactly the same way except there's two coils!
    Here's an average build on my Brunhilde RTA dual coil;) Ni80 30×2+38 MTL wire.
    An option is to use that gauge wire with just the two coils, that will vape great at 35 watts!
    image.jpg

Good Luck:)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread