Not open for further replies.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
Hello, ECF!
My first post here, so an introduction and some background: My name is David. My member name is XfooYen. Don't ask :blink:. Just call me X or Foo or David (if you can remember). I've been off analogs for 5 weeks and love the vaping. I've been lurking on these forums for a few weeks gathering much more information than I ever thought necessary. I wish I had found ECF before I bought my first KR8. Those lasted about a week before I got an Ego-C. I like the Ego, but even with a Vivi Nova LR it leaves me wanting more. I've gleaned that many of you can relate to that. Been doing a lot of homework regarding APVs, tank mods, battery safety, etc. and am pretty sure a ProVari is in my near future. It seems like the next logical step in my quest for robust clouds without killing myself. Got my eye on a GG setup but God knows when and how I could snag one up. Better to practice some skills on the ProVari a while. Love the forums. Good vibe throughout. All pointers and suggestions welcomed. Cheers!

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Welcome :) I don't know anything about the other mods that you listed. I have the eGo Twist with the Vivi Nova and that totally works for me. I am sure others will come along and help you out with anything you need help with. There are a lot of great people to help if you have any questions. Just wanted to say Hi!

Los Marauder

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Iowa City
Welcome to ECF. You are on a fantastic adventure. Vaping will benefit your health, yet quite possibly consume your ever waking moment with wonderouse desires of what is new and better. As cigarettes stay pretty much the same, e cigs change constantly. Bigger and better seems to be the rule. Reasurch just like you have done will ensure your greenbacks serve you well. Seems to me like you are doing a "better than the most" job. Welcome again, and drink lots of water.:)

steved5600

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Dallas, Texas
Welcome to ECF XfooYen, X or Foo or David. My primary vape rig is the Vivi and the Provari. I also have a tank, 2 clearos CE5 rebuildables a Ego C type B and a CE 2 still holding on and some cartys for spares. I presently have them all full of diff flavors and rotate all day. LOL I am hooked on the Provari. And I have gotten spoiled by the Vivi. I may delve in to a genisis etc but that will come after Christmas unless I have a windfall of some sort. LOL
Glad to have you aboard. XfooYen.
Don't hesitate to ask questions there is a lot of experience on this site and the only stupid question(s) is/are the one(s) you don't ask. LOL

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Thanks, all, for the warm greetings. I turn my back for a few minutes and already 5 welomesees. Keep up the info-giving. My brain is swimming but I'm getting the hang of all the choices and lingo.

The lingo is the hardest part LOL. Just a little tip, when you see dotted lines under an acronym, like this ECF <--, put your mouse over that and a little explanation will come up. Good luck!

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
You're a chef, right? Eggs Foo Yung?

Really funny, and I'll tell you why. No, XfooYen is not "Egg Foo Yung",...but I AM a chef! :shock: Believe me, the user name and the Chinese egg dish aren't even closely related. But you guessed my trade without my divulging that in my profile. Impressive.

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
The lingo is the hardest part LOL. Just a little tip, when you see dotted lines under an acronym, like this ECF <--, put your mouse over that and a little explanation will come up. Good luck!

Thanks, Robino. Actually I've been cursor-floating here for a month. That's the easy part and it's definitely a help. It's the names of all the different tank styles, parts, company names and little differences that take a bit of getting used to. That is just going to take some time. I'm getting the hang of it mostly because of all the leads from these forums. Thanks again.

gavind4

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
(N. Phila.) Levittown pa usa
welcome chef D. 5 wks.!!! and your in there chasing that that train. i am day 57-no i dont make ketchup. i knew i never wanted to go back ,so i jumped on povari mini & a "did" r.b.a. not that hard to do and man does it work. juice is wicked good on s.s. wick. wish i had 3 batts-charger is 2 at a time. you can ck.your atty,change the volts for the sweet spot,and BAM!!! (sorry) check out the "did" now at mmvapors.com on stock but takes a few wks. from GR. , also saw on e.c.f. knock offs ?? best wishes

XfooYen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 11, 2012
SoCal
welcome chef D. 5 wks.!!! and your in there chasing that that train. i am day 57-no i dont make ketchup. i knew i never wanted to go back ,so i jumped on povari mini & a "did" r.b.a. not that hard to do and man does it work. juice is wicked good on s.s. wick. wish i had 3 batts-charger is 2 at a time. you can ck.your atty,change the volts for the sweet spot,and BAM!!! (sorry) check out the "did" now at mmvapors.com on stock but takes a few wks. from GR. , also saw on e.c.f. knock offs ?? best wishes

Took a look at that DID. Nice and simple for a genesis style tank. I wants. Is the draw as airy as the z-atty? It's the only thing keeping me back from forking $$ for a Z.

Last edited:

gavind4

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
(N. Phila.) Levittown pa usa
allright then! i got 200&270 ss. mesh from the U.K. the crazy wire co. ?? look on U.K. e-bay, small lots good $ and hit my door in 3 days!!
must say use A-1 28 kanthal wire reg. e-bay. i got the reg. did fits nice on black provari mini with bigger batt.& ext.batt. cap. its got some weight, but i bet you wont care. i think i vape hard ,a full tank lasts day-day and a half. have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread