Hello everyone, I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Mooch reported these warning labels on authentic LGHG2's almost a year ago.
20170207_082110-01-1024x280.jpeg

script>

script>

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I bought these batteries from a Canadian distributor and was wondering about the warning on the wrap. Are these warnings just to cover the companies ... or should I not use these at all?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Not knowing the history of your batteries it's hard to say if they are safe to use. Might want to read through this information:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
Index | E-Cigarette Forum
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
http://ecigarettereviewed.com/e-cig-charging-safety
Vaping 101: Battery Safety
7 Best Practices to Keep Your Charge

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Mooch reported these warning labels on authentic LGHG2's almost a year ago.
20170207_082110-01-1024x280.jpeg

script>

script>

Actually, mooch reported seeing the labels, but... and I'll quote from his blog... "I have seen this cell with and without the laser-written “Caution” on the wrap. I don’t know if this is an option from LG or not but both types have tested as genuine"

He goes on to say that Cigarette is mispelled on some versions.

In otherwords, he doesn't know or will confirm that these are from LG or not, but he hasn't came across any fakes as of yet. My guess, would be that a reseller is re-wrapping them. I find it odd that a company would withhold at least a product number or an identifier from a battery. I wouldn't trust it. They may be authentic, but they may not be as well.

Added:
you can check out his blog here. This battery was retested, and he posted about it on Jan 9th on his blog.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I have a similar copy of this direct from LG Chem but I haven't been able to link to, insert file or post mine.
This is from Mooch's Facebook --->

I understand the counterfeit cell & misspelled word concerns, what I'm saying is we see multiple pallets of cases of these cells every week direct from the manufacturer.
Thousands to tens of thousands of individual cells every month.
All of them I am aware of for at least the last 6 months have the warning on the label.
There are either LG plants that have not yet included the warning or there is old stock that doesn't have the warning label sitting in warehouses awaiting order fulfillment, 12,400+ cases I know of, without.

IMO, telling folks they have fake batteries or 'I wouldn't use them' because of the warning label is jumping to conclusions & not at all an accurate statement.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I have a similar copy of this direct from LG Chem but I haven't been able to link to, insert file or post mine.
This is from Mooch's Facebook --->

I understand the counterfeit cell & misspelled word concerns, what I'm saying is we see multiple pallets of cases of these cells every week direct from the manufacturer.
Thousands to tens of thousands of individual cells every month.
All of them I am aware of for at least the last 6 months have the warning on the label.
There are either LG plants that have not yet included the warning or there is old stock that doesn't have the warning label sitting in warehouses awaiting order fulfillment, 12,400+ cases I know of, without.

IMO, telling folks they have fake batteries or 'I wouldn't use them' because of the warning label is jumping to conclusions & not at all an accurate statement.

Yes, and concerning that mooch post.... that letter was posted by Mooch back in 2016. Most of the current shipments seem to not have these warning labels on them. In addition, It wold be nice to know if they have the current production information on them AS WELL as the warning label.. the letter says it should.

In short, I still have no idea what is under that wrapper, and without any product identifier, I cannot make assumptions and recommendations about that battery, or what kind of battery it is. So far, we know it's brown, and it has a warning on it. That's all we can tell about it from the pictures. It very well may be authentinc, it very well may be LGHG2's... But nothing on the OP's post show the product identifier. Combined with the fact that current shipments of LGHG2's come without that warning label, even from known reputable companies, makes me wonder. Now a days with batteries, if it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, it may just be a rewrap of another word that sounds like duck. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread