Hello everyone. New to forum with some questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carlito1974

Mar 26, 2008
First I want to say thank you to everyone on this forum. I recently stumbled across E-Cigs while on another forum and it sparked my curiosity greatly. I always research the heck out of a product before making any purchases and this is no different. After much research and help from SJ (Thank you), I have decided on the njoy (Found coupon code as well, thanks).

I currently smoke around 15 cigs a day on heavy days, 10 on light days. My hope is to find a safer alternative to smoking and eventually quit altogether. I have tried quitting about 3 times and the most successful was with nicotine gum, so i know I can do it, just have to keep my head in the game. I really believe that I fail because I do not have a good alternative to that oral fixation that comes with smoking and delivery method of nicotine.

Anyway, I have done some research into using e-liquids, as these seem to be the most viable for good vapor output, but I had a few questions. Here is a link that sparked interested for me on the use of e-liquid:

Drysmoking or Dripping

I wanted to confirm that this option is even viable for the NJoy. Does the NJoy cartridge allow for this type of smoking or is the cartridge even a factor? I just want to make sure I don't damage my unit right out of the gate. The main reason I want to employ this method of e-smoking is for psychological reasons and flavor. I'm assuming the more vapor you inhale the more it feels like real smoking (psychological) and the more flavor you get?

In terms of cost, mainly shipping costs, what sites do you US users like to use for e-liquids? Any particular flavor you like? These are my expectations, realistic or not. The NJoy will help me break some of the subconscious patterns associated with smoking like running to the door to smoke when the phone rings (I smoke near doorways or outside, not indoors), give me an alternative to smoking in the morning but still get that first rush of nicotine (Man I'm an addict :D ), and thirdly help improve my lung functions, as I do like to exercise. Are my expectations realistic or am I smoking something (pun intended)?

I'm sure other questions will arise, but thank you for any help you folks can offer.

Carlito

Update: Just purchased the NJoy using the discount and 2-day shipping. I was also trying to purchase some E-liquid from E-Cig.com and got continual failures with the credit card transaction. I sent them an email, so we'll see what happens. Aside from Freesmoke.eu, does anyone have another source for e-liquid? I just can't justify spending some $70+ to order from Freesmoke.

Meltrex

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2008
Arizona USA
www.MyEcig.com
Carlito wrote "I was also trying to purchase some E-liquid from E-Cig.com and got continual failures with the credit card transaction. I sent them an email, so we'll see what happens."

I also had that problem carlito. You might want to check with your credit card companies and see if they have a fraud detection of some sort. Both credit cards I used came back with an error when submitted. Next thing I know my credit card companies were calling me at home leaving messages notifying me of a possible fraud transactions. I called them back and let them know I was aware of the transaction. I then re-ordered and tried my payment again with one of the same credit cards I used prior and the transaction went thru just fine. Hope this helps.

Malrynn

Mar 27, 2008
TropicalBob said:
Oh yeh, E-Cig site works perfectly for me. I love the company and along with several others who contribute here I regularly contribute ideas to their forum. I use a bank debit card when I order and have never had a problem.
It's http://www.e-cig.com right? That site hasn't worked at all for me for several days... Strangely it works if I use a proxy server...

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
That Electronic Cigar store is reselling E-Cig products at inflated prices. I suppose you might benefit if you live in England, where this outfit is apparently based. Dollar to pound conversions make them ridiculously pricey for Americans.

And the claims on their home page could get the entire e-smoking movement banned!

There simply are no good studies to confirm their statements. That's asking for trouble in America and many countries.

windblown

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2008
USA
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one to have a problem with credit cards on e-cig.....I was starting to feel like a complete dunce. My problem is that I cannot even find the place to type in my credit card number. I've emailed e-cig for instructions and they email me a link that explains the different methods of payment, but I still don't see a place to leave a credit card number. Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? I've placed two different orders and neither one of them ever asked for a credit card.

Carlito1974

Mar 26, 2008
Well sure enough I called my bank and spoke with the fraud department. They were indeed blocking the transaction to protect me. I advised that I have authorized the transaction and now I am able to make a purchase with E-Cig.com. I ordered some Cherry and Coffee flavors to try them out.

By the way, got my NJoy today and I must say that it's a little weird. I also cough when I inhale the vapors, so it may take a few getting used to things. The cartridges that come with the NJoy must be regular flavor, but they have a sweet smell to them. No real taste of traditional tobacco though. I took a few tokes off it after a 3 hour charge just to try it out, but it's back on the charger for another 5 hours. ;)

How long before I'll get used to this thing? I really need to find an alternative to smoking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread