Hello for W PA . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuccoDroid

Dec 28, 2012
W PA
Hi all,

Looking into ecigs as a way to either quite smoking (breaking the nicotine habit) or at best satisfying the nicotine habit without the dangers of continued smoking. Have been a smoker for many, many years and am on the edge of COPD so that is another reason for trying the ecigs.

From what I have seen on the web there are all kinds of ecigs, juices, etc out there and I am seeking info on what might be the best for my situation. I realize that there are many different opinions of the various brands of ecigs and the stuff that makes them work.

Hope this forum can be the place where I can gather info and make a well informed decision on which ecig set up I will purchase.

Thanks for your help.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
Hi and welcome. There are a plethora of options available for vape gear so it's hard to say which is the best for you. Things to consider include battery life (May not sound too important but to quit you need to have it available when you have a craving), size of ecig, cost, and compatibility (connecting threads are usually 510)'. This being said, New people may like to start with a semi disposable ecig (Joye 510 or big battery), some cartomizers (different than cartridges that are included in kits), sample juices in different strengths and a drip tip. Consider purchasing a compatible atomized for juice testing as well.

I'm sure that you will receive plenty of good advice here. The most important thing is to just get started - the rest will come along as you go.

Jellyfish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2012
Philly Burbs
Welcome from the eastern side of PA!

If you don't know where to start, an eGo-C Twist (actually two) is a great battery at a decent price since it has variable voltage. You'll also need a charger. I used one and it's what I always suggest to anybody that is just starting out and does not know what they need or want. If you move on to something more advanced, you will have a nice backup.

You'll also need an easy delivery system and there are a lot of options, but I've used Vivi Novas and carto tanks and think that they are a great choice for the uninitiated.

The juices are almost unlimited, so just try some samples of things that appeal to you from the flavor descriptions and reviews.

Good luck!

Alistar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2012
Jersey
welcome!! I started with a vivi nova and 30 mg nic level juice... I have cut down to 18 mg nic level juice since I started. when looking for juices also know that you will not find one that tastes like a cigarette ( you can't duplicate the taste of a burning tobacco plant). that said try just buying samples of juices you think you may like! taste is subjective to each individual, but I like fruity flavors and dessert flavors. My favorite juices come from Alice in Vapeland (bandersnatch, zombie apocalypse, B&W cookie, crunkberry) and Parkes Vaping ( clove, banana nut bread, cranberry, pomegranate). Hope this helps! And good luck!

lilac7779

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2011
East Tennessee
Welcome, BuccoDroid. My best advice would be...if you vape a lot do not spend your money on pen type batteries. I bought a lot of those and they are all sitting in a drawer. I was constantly recharging. I won't buy anything less than 1100 mAh.

I vape a lot and I know what works for me might not be best for someone else. I also got tired of topping off cartos. I use Kanger T3s
Kanger T3 Rebuildable Clearomizer - Clear. They hold a lot of liquid and when the coil goes kaput, you can replace it for around $2.50...saves a little money.

Taste is relative, but I buy all my liquid from Mountain Oak Vapors - The Best USA E-Liquid and E-Juice.

When I was a newbie, it always helped me when the Vets would take the time to post a link so I could check out what they were talking about. Good luck with whatever you decide. :)

MayLovesMetal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hello from Eastern Pa :p I smoked heavily (3 PAD+) for close to 40 years and unfortunately went past being on the edge of having COPD this summer. I had stopped smoking for several years using nicotine lozenges but always missed the hand mouth thing of smoking and went back to it in a time of super heavy stress. My pulmonologist actually brought up vaping when I told him that even knowing it was killing me and even being in undeniable physical discomfort from it I was having a terrible time not smoking. I started with Njoys from the Wawa which were okay in some ways but didn't last long at all for the price and were really tight to drag on for me. They did make me realize that there might be something to the vaping thing if it could be done better so I googled e-cigarettes and found ecf and P Busardo and I can't even imagine smoking a real cigarette now. I can't say what will work for you, when I got here I was certain that I would not like anything much bigger than an analog though I didn't care how it looked, but listening to people with experience made me try putting that aside and they were quite correct. I was pointed to the 1100 MaH kgo starter kit which comes with 2 batteries and a couple of clearomizers at hoosier ecigs and the 1300 mah vision spinner with a vivi nova as a delivery system. I still use those batteries though I now love my zmaxes best. The vision spinner is nice as it has variable voltage settings so you can adjust to your taste. Many people love the ego twists, I gave mine to my daughter as for my old eyes the markings were too difficult to see but it's a good device to. Whatever you choose, I'd seriously consider forgoing the cig-alikes and as lilac said, go with something 1100 MaH or more. A backup is essential. You can't run out to the wawa for vape batteries or juice. =)
Whatever you do, congratulations on getting here and best of luck. I personally have only one real regret about vaping- I wish I'd found it 20 years ago. There's a learning curve and an initial investment that can be off putting but really, was every day that we smoked wonderful? And if you're only on the edge of COPD let me tell you..you don't want to go over that cliff. It isn't curable, and it isn't fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread