Need some help from an Ecig veteran!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtyjerz

Verified Member
Feb 18, 2011
USA
I am desperately in need of help. There is so much info to digest on here that I don't know what I'm doing anymore. I currently smoke a pack a day of camel lights and I want to quit so badly. I am looking for a an ecig that will keep my life simple. I don't want to manually refill the cartridges as to avoid making a mess and I would like a product that gives me a strong pull with decent battery life if possible. I've read a lot about greensmoke, safe cig, blue cig and cirrus II. Please give me your thoughts on the best ecig on the market for me and how many mg of nicotine would be adequate. Thank you for your help and happy vaping!!

Austin9599945

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa,fl
I started out just like you,I actually would think about my future greensmoke all day long,it made so much sense to me,I thought.Let me cut to the chase,don't get these bubblegum over the counter mall crap items(everything you listed)Do they suck beyond use?No,certainly not.Could they help you get into e cigs?Sure,when I was a gas station clerk we would have these lying around and I would often try them while my 510 was charging,theyre not that great.I would recommend a REGULAR ego for you.An EGO(Not an Ego-t) since you're just starting,is a 510 with a big ... battery basically for battery life beyond a 510's dream.Theyre gonna run a little more than regular 510's,but the reduced hassle of not needing a chafging case is well worth the extra $.I understand your initial interest in not wanting to deal with handling liquid,but would you buy a new car every time you need a tune up?Basically you're gonna easily spend 100-150 bucks getting off the ground with this life saving hobby,so why not vape the most cost effective way?(using your own liquid).Now the real question is whether or not you want a 3 piece(Batt,atty,cart)or a 2 piece(Battery,cartomizer)design.I just started getting into cartomizer(single piece that contains an atty and cart in one piece,but can also be refilled many times)after using the 3 piece for months and they both have advantages over the other.I could recommend grabbing the following in your first purchase-At least:2 ego batteries,2 or 3 regular atomizers(just remember an ego IS essentially a 510 in terms of what can go on it,so basically buy 510 stuff for your ego),a pack of 5 blank cartomizers(research filling methods for these,keywords being condom method to get you started[a pack of 5 cartomizers is about the price of one atomizer])at least 30 ml of e juice(I recommend 18 mg of nicotine).

Cant think of much else right now,but just remember that this investment will pay itself off in a few short months,just dont let yourself get caught up in the placebo effect of not seeing your nicotine device slowly burning down like a cig does.Some newbies feel the first few days of vaping as anti-climatic.Just remember that you're getting your nicotine fix in a more delicious,healthy way.

ENJOY!!

Portugal Barry

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2010
Portugal
I started with the green smoke route and managed to stop smoking 30+ a day in 3 days so they do work. But I soon found that the cost of the cartomizers from them got a bit much. Then went the 510 route etc. From your point of view I would jump a few steps and go as the last post advised to the Riva/Ego/Tornado to start with, buy a starter kit as that has everything in it. The XL/USB version covers pretty much most eventuality. At first (And to make life easy) get some pre filed Cartomizers to go with it and a drip tip to use with them. (Not for dripping, just a lot more comfortable to use) That will get you off and running with a good set up. They can be refiled by yourself several times if you want to try different flavours. From there, I can honestly say you will end up like the rest of us, trying everything you can get your hands on. Good luck with your new venture. And if you have any questions when you get it don't hesitate to ask on here.

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Last edited:

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Same opinion I give to others new to vaping.....

You will get a lot of different good advice from many here but from my experience starter kits isn't the only way to go...tho thats how I began $$$$ ago. My 2cents is start with a inexpensive mod otherwise you'll probably spend money going from one upgrade to another.
Shop here E Cigarette Suppliers Forum
I suggest buying a 510LR atty and this (everything else you'll need) deal...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/160858-3-7-volt-510-box-mod-2-14500-trustfire-batteries-charger-30-free-shipping-plus-20-ml-juice.html

Whatever you choose continue to quit smoking and happy vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread