Hello from Central Florida!

Status
Not open for further replies.

inbetweendays

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2015
Central Florida
Hi everyone. I've been lurking for a bit and thought I'd jump in and introduce myself. I have learned so much already just reading the various threads, although I'm still feeling a little intimidated by all the different types of equipment and abbreviations, etc.

Anyway, I just recently started vaping in the hopes of ditching the analogs, but am having a really hard time giving up my smokes with my morning coffee...any suggestions?

I am using the Halo G6 with a mini tank. Currently, my e-liquid of choice is their Tribeca, which I really enjoy. I also have several others on order to sample. I do like the G6, but am also seriously considering upgrading to the Triton. Any words of wisdom on that for a newbie?

Thanks!

I don't think it's uncommon to use both for a period time while switching over. I did it for a few months too. Eventually, the analogs start tasting awful in comparison and you won't want them anymore. That is how it happened for me, at least, and I've talked to other people who have had similar experiences.

When I started I was just happy to cut back. Then I was just happy to be off analogs completely, I did't care about the nicotine. Figured I could be addicted to nicotine for life, who cares, as long as I'm not smoking. Now, however, I am weaning myself off the nicotine, lol. I started at 24mg, doing 16 now, alternating with 6mg juice from time to time. I'm not pressuring myself, and I'm not on a timeline.

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
dragon welcome2.jpg
Hi inbetweendays and welcome to the forum!

What the others have said is right. Don't beat yourself up about one cig/day. It's the ones you AREN'T smoking that count. Look at how far you've come so far and concentrate on that.

I'm currently at 3 cigs/day from 30/day, and feeling mighty good about how far I've come so far.

I'll get there, and so will you :)

Hope it helps and Happy Vaping!

Foggin Munky

Feb 28, 2015
Florida
West Central FL, here (close to the Gulf). Probably heading to G-Ville, soon, though.

Good luck on on yer taper! None is best, but less is still moving in the right direction :)

I'm only a few days tobacco free. I still miss it, so I know how you feel. It was the last of my "bad" habits and, to be honest, I'm genuinely scared of mouth/throat cancer (i dipped, didn't smoke). Hang in there!

Welcome from central Florida as well. I was given three egos last year and hated them so much that I couldn't quit cigs. This time I bought everything myself and have been vaping about a week. Now I'm down to three a day. I just needed to get a setup that produced something better than a cigarette and that was reliable. Hope that helps :)

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Welcone from Orlando! Since I've upgraded my devices, the one device that I've seen that looks good to me for a beginner is the Ego One. They started carrying at the B&M I get my juice at and they're all crazy over it. Can do 1 or .5 ohms so you could hit it like a cig or sub ohm for bigger clouds, and the replacement coils aren't as expensive as some other tanks. As you upgrade devices, the nicotine delivery will be more, so be careful there.

Cavenerd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
Bahamas
'tween.

Listen to these people. ^^^^

They know what they're talking about. Realize that it wasn't an event when you became addicted to cigarettes, it was a process. Quitting is going to work the same way. You're probably not going to wake up tomorrow and just be a non-smoker. You have to retrain your body and mind that this replacement "therapy", vaping, is the new way ahead.

Some of the folks here have been blessed by "a-life-changing-vape" and never went back to the analogs. Some of us here had to struggle, sometimes by the hour, to get free. It takes some time to get everything to line up correctly so that you find your ADV (all day vape) and get completely free. It will happen. Give it time.

I'll make you a deal; You let yourself stumble occasionally and We will be here to make sure you don't fall.

For advice on where to go to for the next level I would check out:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...40761-little-itty-bitty-mods-under-100-a.html

And these should help a little with the abbreviations and terminology:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ecf-library/287787-three-main-types-ecig-explanation.html

Vaping Dictionary - Vapable - E Cigarettes, E Liquids and Accessories

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...r-vaping-vocabulary-aka-urban-vaptionary.html

Cavenerd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
Bahamas
Thanks, Cavenerd! Great info in these links. Especially loved this one:

Hilarious! :lol:

Ha. Good. Have you made in progress in selecting your next "step" rig?

I went from cigalikes right into mech mods so I don't have much experience in the low-to-mid power devices.

What do you like about the Triton? Form (pen-style)? Size? Battery life? Ease of use? Aesthetics? Price? etc...

I think for any of us to give a good recommendation we need to know your likes and dislikes about what you're using now. There's going to be a general trade off as you escalate your vaping gear between ease of use against additional layers of complexity and also low cost vs higher cost. At the higher end of the spectrum you have incredible versatility and the ability to make a warmer vapor (IMO a better tasting vapor) as well as a denser, thicker cloud.

I almost always recommend to newer vapors to shoot for at "two" levels ahead of what they're using presently. My rational being that "I" would rather have something I could slowly grow into rather than something I would grow out of fairly quickly and need to start thesearch all over again.

Would you be opposed to box mod (box shaped battery)? A bigger tank? A different connection type for your tank? Swappable atomizers?

What part of CFL are you in/near? I live in Bahamas so I'm not even sure what area is considered "Central Florida"*. I spend a good amount of time between Cape Canaveral, West Palm Beach and Okeechobee so I may know a B&M close to you that is trustworthy** and could give you some advice and/or assistance in finding a better vape.

Also, check out:
Florida Vapors Club

Sunshine state*** vapors probably have some good advice about local establishments.

*Please no one say "In the middle". I get that much. Florida is a big state. Before the Texan's can say anything, "Yes, we all know there are no states as big as Texas."
**Not idiots or shifty salesmen
***I did a report on Florida in the 2nd grade and all I can remember is that Florida is the "Sunshine State".

inbetweendays

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2015
Central Florida
Sorry for my delayed response, Cavenerd...just saw this post. I am about 40 minutes north of Disney.

I really liked the Triton when I first got it due to better battery life compared to the G6, but the more and more I used it, I
realized that was not really what I was looking for. So did more research and based on reviews and recommendations here, I finally decided on two different set ups: Aspire CF-G with K1 glassomizer and the Eleaf iStick 30w with Nautilus mini. I've been using both for a couple of days and am blown away by the difference to the Triton! I am still playing with the settings on the iStick, but I think I've found my go to vapes! In fact, I've been two days with zero analogs, so they're definitely working!

Any other suggestions you or anyone else has are greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread