Not open for further replies.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
RA-YellowroseMouse207-welcome.gif
to ecf Evilocity. So glad you are here and congrats on the the first month. Isn't it wonderful? Can't tell you how often someone here has helped me. That is the best thing about ecf........the people. Good luck to you and happy vaping. :)

dchemist

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2014
Benton, Arkansas
Just saying hello, been lurking here for a while. Started vaping over a month ago and haven't had any cigarettes since! Thanks to all of you for information I've already gotten and info yet to come.
Welcome to ECF! Since you're in DC, I have to know; are you buying anything local?

I spend about 50% of my time there. I've hit up several B&Ms but nothing I was overly impressed with. I heard about a place in Adams Morgan (on 18th?) but didn't venture down there due to parking and the distance from the Metro.

WilsonR

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Arlington, VA
Welcome to ECF! Since you're in DC, I have to know; are you buying anything local?

I spend about 50% of my time there. I've hit up several B&Ms but nothing I was overly impressed with. I heard about a place in Adams Morgan (on 18th?) but didn't venture down there due to parking and the distance from the Metro.

I HEARD that the spot in Adams Morgan is nice. Never been there though. What places have you visited? I also hear that the MD locations are on point. I haven't ventured out to MD yet but have visited the majority of the shops in VA.

alucard454

Jun 1, 2014
DC
man, you couldn't be more right about the vape shops here in maryland. my favorite is the Vape Vine in anne arundel county. super nice and fun folks, good prices and selection, and an amazing tasting wall setup. did i mention free coffee and couches? :)

the vapepad is a new one in crofton, but it looks like they are heading in a similar direction. good emphasis on tasting juices and hanging out.

then of course there's always vapedojo and the frog.

oh, and vaper's knoll. very cool place.

overall, the vaping scene here is pretty damn incredible. head and shoulders above new orleans, my former stomping grounds.

also, adams morgan is an amazing neighborhood in general. haven't been to the vape shop there yet, so i can't comment.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Welcome to ECF, and congrats on quitting the stinkies! I always wind up with a ton of wicking too. Each time I buy a new atty, more silicone comes with it. I've been using cotton on all my builds. I like the Japanese organic cotton pads the best, because it's easier to get the right amount for wicking. All the fibers move in one direction. I don't use KoGenDo, which you'll see mentioned around the forums. It's always sold out, and when it isn't it's over priced. I've been using Muji cotton pads for $2.50 per bag from Muji's own website. Shipping adds $5, but it still works out cheaper and a bag lasts a lifetime.

alucard454

Jun 1, 2014
DC
Welcome to ECF, and congrats on quitting the stinkies! I always wind up with a ton of wicking too. Each time I buy a new atty, more silicone comes with it. I've been using cotton on all my builds. I like the Japanese organic cotton pads the best, because it's easier to get the right amount for wicking. All the fibers move in one direction. I don't use KoGenDo, which you'll see mentioned around the forums. It's always sold out, and when it isn't it's over priced. I've been using Muji cotton pads for $2.50 per bag from Muji's own website. Shipping adds $5, but it still works out cheaper and a bag lasts a lifetime.

yea, i tried really hard to like cotton. i actually do love it for wicking microcoils. but i just get so tired of getting that random burnt taste and then rewicking once a day.

wrapping on silica is annoying, but at least i never get the burnt taste and i can even dry burn between flavors to clean the coils.

i did ramie for a while, but i never could get used to the (very very slight) grassy flavor. boiled it a dozen times, but never could get it to taste "clean." and when you get a burnt hit on ramie, it's just as bad as cotton. works really well for my kayfuns and top-coil clearos though, i must admit. i still use the ramie to rebuild/rewick all my wife's iclear 16s and vivi novas.

i suspect that rayon is also going to leave me wanting, and heading back to silica/ekowool, but i feel obligated to try it.

also, one thing i have been wanting to try for a while and finally got working last night: i threaded some hollow ekowool onto a tiny blunt needle (like 18 gauge or something) and wrapped the coil on that. made it a ton easier to get a nice clean coil. and THEN, i threaded cotton into the needle, pulled the needle back through, and ended up with a cotton-core ekowool wick that is, so far, working really damn well in a Tobh Atty.

might try that with the rayon too.

ok, this got off topic...

Evilocity

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2014
Washington DC
I've explored a bunch of b&ms around the area, the one in Adams morgan is a block away from my house. They are good guys but are also pretty new to the vape world it seems. I hang out there quite a bit, they are ramping up their inventory with more and more each week.

My favorite spot so far is probably vape social in Rockville md. Ben and the crew have an amazing selection of juices, a lot of them boutique types from all around and for great prices. They also have a decent selection of mods and attys and their knowledge is unsurpassed in the area imo.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

alucard454

Jun 1, 2014
DC
Oh, and I also just jumped on the rayon bandwagon lol, got 500ft of it 2 days ago and my kayfun and taurus are now sallyfied. I'll probably rebuild my tohb and try the rayon in that as well. So far it's absolutely unbeatable for wicking, and I will never, ever, ever run out.

any chance you might want to donate some, or trade for some ramie? :)

alucard454

Jun 1, 2014
DC
Donate, sure! I don't think I need any ramie lol, unless I find out rayon is killing us. Until then, I shall stick with the rayon, it's unbelievable!

I've got 499' 10 1/2" left of my rayon, so I think I can donate a tiny bit.

lol. likewise with my yards of ramie, alas. i'll PM you next time i'm heading to Adams Morgan, unless you ever come up to maryland? :)

Katfu37

Jul 4, 2014
Frederick, MD
My favorite spot so far is probably vape social in Rockville md. Ben and the crew have an amazing selection of juices, a lot of them boutique types from all around and for great prices. They also have a decent selection of mods and attys and their knowledge is unsurpassed in the area imo.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Vape social is where I got started. They were awesome and had a great selection!

Welcome and congrats on quitting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread