Hello from Egypt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tico

Nov 29, 2018
Alexandria
Hello everyone

I stopped smoking for over three month now and now im addicted to vaping lol.

Unfortunately i cant get vaping hardware or eliquids only against extraordinary prices. Because vaoing is prohibeted in Egypt. So im kinda jealous of you guys who get their stuff for normal prices.

I tried to order from a us based website and just some coils and they got confiscated at egypt customs so now i need to buy an equal of 6 usd from a local shop for a coil that is worth about 2 usd.

There are hundreds of local vape store's in egyp, im wondering how do they get their stuff thru customs.

Well thats my story so far.

Tnx for letting me join.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi and welcome! It's unfortunate how overly zealous regulation can make it so difficult, of not outright impossible to get into vaping. Getting off cigarettes should be encouraged, but most governments don't get it. Well, that or they haven't figured out how to get their part out of it in taxes and whatnot.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi @Tico and welcome to ECF :)

Yes, some governments are definitely a bit behind the times! Hang in there my friend. If you can make contact with other vapers in Egypt you will probably learn a lot about how things work there.

And if you have any questions about vaping in general you have found a good source for answers here. Best of luck with it Tico!

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada

Tico

Nov 29, 2018
Alexandria
I saw that article just now when I looked at vaping being illegal in Egypt. I was surprised it was because a coworker flew into Cairo last month with his vape gear and even brought back some part bottles of juice he was using there with no problems. Maybe they don't bother tourists? He also mentioned seeing quite a few locals vaping.

Your right it is the only way to get some juice in the country. By smuggling it. If u want premium juice. We pay here 150% above the normal price for juice or u must buy egyptian juice and that is really .... with no taste. Hardware, coils, cotton will be much more expensive. F.e. bacon cotton a pack cost me around 12 usd and than u must be lucky if it is not a clone, and the cheapest tank u can get will be around 50 usd.

Im using the make up cotton i just boil it in water and than let it dry for a few days and vape on it to cut the cost of vaping.

A pack of marlboro in egypt is around 2 usd, and cleopatra (egyptian brand) is around 80 ct usd so its much cheaper to smoke.

Shipping to egypt is just not an option. I tried and many of my friends tried even a roll of kanthal wire isn't getting thru customs.

If anyone reads this and is planning to visit egypt please let me know so u can bring me some stuff i only can dream of

VapourFlavour

Moved On
Oct 16, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Your right it is the only way to get some juice in the country. By smuggling it. If u want premium juice. We pay here 150% above the normal price for juice or u must buy egyptian juice and that is really .... with no taste. Hardware, coils, cotton will be much more expensive. F.e. bacon cotton a pack cost me around 12 usd and than u must be lucky if it is not a clone, and the cheapest tank u can get will be around 50 usd.

Im using the make up cotton i just boil it in water and than let it dry for a few days and vape on it to cut the cost of vaping.

A pack of marlboro in egypt is around 2 usd, and cleopatra (egyptian brand) is around 80 ct usd so its much cheaper to smoke.

Shipping to egypt is just not an option. I tried and many of my friends tried even a roll of kanthal wire isn't getting thru customs.

If anyone reads this and is planning to visit egypt please let me know so u can bring me some stuff i only can dream of
me

Last edited:

Tico

Nov 29, 2018
Alexandria
Hi @Tico and welcome to ECF :)

Yes, some governments are definitely a bit behind the times! Hang in there my friend. If you can make contact with other vapers in Egypt you will probably learn a lot about how things work there.

And if you have any questions about vaping in general you have found a good source for answers here. Best of luck with it Tico!

Tnx for the advice, will try do so

Tico

Nov 29, 2018
Alexandria
If you click on my name and go to start a conversation that's how we pm
Screenshot_20181130-040208.png

I dont see the start conversation button

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I dont see the start conversation button

Try it again now Tico. I can start a conversation with you that way. You might just have needed one more post, or maybe a little more needed to pass before the ECF software caught up with your post count.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Hello everyone

I stopped smoking for over three month now and now im addicted to vaping lol.

Unfortunately i cant get vaping hardware or eliquids only against extraordinary prices. Because vaoing is prohibeted in Egypt. So im kinda jealous of you guys who get their stuff for normal prices.

I tried to order from a us based website and just some coils and they got confiscated at egypt customs so now i need to buy an equal of 6 usd from a local shop for a coil that is worth about 2 usd.

There are hundreds of local vape store's in egyp, im wondering how do they get their stuff thru customs.

Well thats my story so far.

Tnx for letting me join.

Congratulations on quitting smoking. I’m so sad that it’s tough to acquire vape gear though in Egypt.

Glad you joined the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread