Hello from France

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeanPetit

Feb 22, 2019
Hello to all the members of the ECF forum, my name is Jeanette and I live in France, I have been vaping for a year now and I am very happy about it, I have just discovered this forum and I would like to register to ask a question that concerns me to more experienced users.

I accidentally set my Minikin V2 box to 180 Watts instead of 40 Watts and I didn't realize it (no idea how it happened)
I had an unpleasant burning taste in my mouth.
I'm worried about my 2 18650 VTC6 batteries that were in the box because they exceeded their amperage limit for a short while (less than 2 seconds, they didn't get hot), so I wonder if they're damaged (internal chemistry) and if I should replace them for safety.

Thanks if you can help me, I hope to be useful on other topics as well.

(I use a translator because my English is bad)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
Bonjour Jeanette et bienvenue a ecf.

Je suis anglais mais j'habite en France. J'ai arrivé il y a 10 ans. Vos batteries sont bien, n'inquietez pas. Votre resistance est probablement brule qui est pourquoi vous avez eu le gout tres mauvaise!

Il y a beaucoup des gens ici qui a utilisé du cigarette electronique pour un très longtemps, donc si vous avez les questions n’hésitez pas a demander ici.

Bon weekend et encore bienvenue :)

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Hello to all the members of the ECF forum, my name is Jeanette and I live in France, I have been vaping for a year now and I am very happy about it, I have just discovered this forum and I would like to register to ask a question that concerns me to more experienced users.

I accidentally set my Minikin V2 box to 180 Watts instead of 40 Watts and I didn't realize it (no idea how it happened)
I had an unpleasant burning taste in my mouth.
I'm worried about my 2 18650 VTC6 batteries that were in the box because they exceeded their amperage limit for a short while (less than 2 seconds, they didn't get hot), so I wonder if they're damaged (internal chemistry) and if I should replace them for safety.

Thanks if you can help me, I hope to be useful on other topics as well.

(I use a translator because my English is bad)

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator
If you think your English is bad, you ought to see my French! Welcome!

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Welcome aboard! These things happen - when I was new to vaping and eager to get started with my first 1Stick and Nautilus Mini I charged up the battery filled the tank but didn't read all the instructions - I hadn't primed the coil and didn't know that unless you set the volts or watts the thing would fire at full power by default ... and so experienced my first Dry Hit big style.

Yours fired at a higher power than mine did but it looks like the worst you have is a burned coil!

C'est la vie! Bienvenue d'Ecosse!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I really think your batteries are fine. Wash your tank a lot, discard the liquid, new coil refill and you will be good to go. There is probably a "button lock" feature and y you may want to find it, it prevents that type of stuff.

I would French at you but I'm learning Spanish it is also against ECF rules, etc.

But welcome very much!

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread