Hello from Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxine

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Maine
Hello! I stumbled on ECF last Tuesday evening when Googling for help with the blu I got last Tuesday morning... I've been lurking/reading for a week and guess I've made every typical mistake a novice can make - but in that week I've gone from a 36-year 2 pack a day cigarette habit down to zero smokes the past two days in a row! I'm not cured yet (still looking forward to backsliding), but I have high hope. It's a pleasure to meet you and many thanks for the learning opportunity.

cyberwolf

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2009
Coral Springs, FL
Welcome to the ECF and glad you are seeing good results, even with some issues. vaping isn't quite as simple as smoking, so there are some small hurdles to be expected. Fortunately there are a lot of people here who have cleared them already. 2 packs to none is great no matter how you look at it!

Maxine

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Maine
Thank you for the welcomes! It only took a few hours to realize that e-smoking wasn't going to be aggravation-free for me, but neither has tobacco been. I've been rolling my own smokes for quite a long time which gets plenty tedious, so refilling carts doesn't come as a wicked shock to my system. And I still have enough mind left to remember how long it took me to settle on a favorite brand of cigarettes. If I could just stop chewing on the ends of my carts...

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
Hello there and welcome! I am glad you found this site, it has been a great help to many people.

I also started out with the Blu, and it worked well for probably a week. I am very happy I decided to buy it, and I will not return it. What issues have you had? What are you doing to help make it more usable? Have you considered upgrading to a different PV? There are several modifications I hear work well with the blu -- a 306 cartomizer will help you fix the small atty/cart issues if you aren't ready to buy a whole new kit. Then you just have the small batteries to deal with, which you can also replace.

If you have any questions, please ask away.. there are many folks around here willing to help. :)

Congrats on your decision to quit! It's never easy, but I dare say this is the easiest way to do it!!!

Maxine

ECF Veteran
Nov 30, 2010
Maine
The encouragement I'm finding here is wonderful - up to and including learning I'm not a lone chewer! The biggest issue I'm having with the blu is battery life. I'm lucky to get 10 minutes of smoking out two batteries. Replacements are on the way, but in the meantime I've only got my ecig crutch every hour and a half or so to get me through my 24/7 cigarette cravings. I already have my rite-size U blue foam and I've been squeezing the spent blu cartriges for refills until my smokejuice arrives. I don't know of a place locally to buy supplies which is, I think, the very worst part of it.

VaporChef

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2010
NYC, USA
Hey Reggie, great to see a fellow Downeaster! ('m a USM grad myself)

Yeah, the nothing-local aspect is a pain. You'll learn to plan ahead for mail orders though, soon enough you'll be stalking the mailman like the rest of us. Congrats on making the switch - there's a great world of flavors available which really helps. Hang in there and good luck, don't be shy, ECF is the greatest place - a treasure trove of knowledge!

Tiari

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Connecticut
The one bad thing about blu I've noticed (still using ours) are the batteries are usually faulty. if you shake and tap them in the case and the end lights up on its own, its faulty and that would explain your discharge issues. Replace them, but try the batteries from volcano (they'll fit the blu).

Editing to add: anything from volcano will fit on your blu, and their shipping is SUPER fast. It doesn't hurt to get their blank cartridges to fill your own juice in when the original carts run out. For even more vaping happiness, also check out value vapor, I'm fixin' to find out of their 510 stuff fits on the blu, if it does, their atty price is fabulous.

Last edited:

adeline

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Cary, NC
I'm fixin' to find out of their 510 stuff fits on the blu, if it does, their atty price is fabulous.

I just popped on my 510 atty/cart combo onto the Blu battery (I don't like pulling my foot out of my mouth..), and yes what I hear is true, they are compatible. They screw on perfectly, though the atty is a TAD larger around, it works great. Be careful when filling, make sure there isn't excess liquid dripping from the threads of the atty because you can fry an auto battery with the liquid.

It actually works surprisingly well, getting a massive amount of vapor over here... :) So if you'd like, invest in some 510 pieces/parts and you can make the transition to an ecig with an abundance of suppliers! :)

Edit: I also tried the blu atty/cart on the 510 batt/PT and while I don't recommend it (I hated the blu carts most of all), it works. If you LIKE the Blu carts, it might be the way to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread