Not open for further replies.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Howdy all,

I found this forum today while looking for better coffee-flavored e-juice (Thanks SoCalMichelle for your thread!).

I've been a smoker for the better part of 2 decades & the cost, more than anything, was really getting me down. A friend on another forum had recently made the switch using Smokesation products. He ended up convincing me that I should really give it a try even though the cheap gas-station disposable e-cig's had left a bad taste in my mouth, both figuratively & literally. About a month ago I ordered their starter set & even without trying to quit I'm down by a pack/day's worth and well on my way to being 'analog-free' as it seems to be called around here.

While the Smokesation leaves a lot to be desired it's a much better product than what I got out of the gas-station disposables & now I'm looking at better brands; the ProVari currently is at the top of the list, mostly because of things I've read on here. Even though I was a short-term lurker, I thought it might be a good idea to get involved, learn more & in time, help others as I learn/experience more.

Other than my newly founded e-cig 'obsession', I'm a self-employed woodworker, specializing in lathe/turned work. My major passion, however, is zymurgy - the science of fermentation. I've worked at a couple of breweries, own my own nanobrewery & yeast lab. Other than fermenting beer/wine/mead, I also enjoy making sauerkraut & other bacterial fermented things.

Anyways, enough about me, I just wanted to introduce myself & perhaps become a part of your community. Thanks for having me.

Sláinte!
Oz

Dakota Jim

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
in a warehouse buried near Univille SD
Hey neighbor - glad to see another person cutting down on the analogs - I switched over 100% when I started after 36 years of 2 pad so you know it can be done

The Provari is a great choice - order extra batteries, and atomizer heads (go with the 1.8ohm :2c:) if you are getting the kit with protank

welcome to the forum

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Thanks everyone.

Dakota Jim, excellent advice. The Provari's are rather pricey, but from what I've been reading they're worth it. One of my biggest complaints with the Smokesation is the short battery life. Luckily the starter kit came with 2 batteries & the pocket charger had a 3rd. Even then I'm puffing away on 1, have a battery that's charging & a dead battery waiting.

I've been through the Black Hills once, but don't have much memory of it. I have quite a few friends in Michigan/Wisconsin, but I usually take 94 instead of 90. I'm relatively close to Bozeman, up in the moutains, so it's about 7 or 8 hours to the SD line via Wyoming. That's more neighborly than Rhode Island I suppose. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread