Hello from Rhode Island. New to Ecigs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cdub

Mar 8, 2012
Arlington Va
This forum is great. On a fluke I bought an Njoy e-cig at 7-11 and by some miracle have not smoked a tobacco cigarette in 3 weeks. I am now using the ble cig platform, and though it requires battery changes and some cartos fail, it is still so much better than what I was doing with tobacco for the last 40 years (at least one pack per day).

Like someone said here before, I cant believe I didnt discover this sooner. Happy vaping to all.

cigarbabe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2010
Residing in Henniker, NH
vaperstv
Welcome to ECF from a member of the MasssHoles Vaping club!
There are many of us in the general area of Providence and we have vape meets every month if you think you might enjoy something like that? We'd love to meet you and we could also show you many of the varied devices and juices out there that people use to vape with! I'm familiar with the Cigotine brand but there are many much better devices to start with but I'm glad it has kept you off of cigs at this point so a hearty congratulations to you! :banana:
Please send me a pm if you'd be interested in meeting other folks in our area and feel free to ask myself or anyone here questions you may have. :)
C.B.

Last edited:

dekalbave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA, United States
Welcome to ECF Pete, and the world of vaping. I agree with MSTick that you aren't going to get much battery life out of a smaller battery. The tech just doesn't exist. I also agree that 900mah batteries feel light enough after using them a bit. It's not heavy like a mod. So good luck. Stick around.

BTW, my Mom was born and raised in Providence.

Mud Stuffin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2011
Concord, NC
I still have not been able to completely understand what a "cartomizer" is and how it differs from a cartridge. I understand that the "juice" for these devices are used universally but I do not get the specifics of using liquid such as: amount of juice used vs. container size or resevoir size. How the atomizer plays into all this and if there is any mixing, diluting or mix ratios's that must be entertained.
Thanks again! Pete

Ecigs (many of us prefer the term PV) are made up of either two or three main parts. In a two part system there is a battery and a cartomizer. In a three part system there is a battery, an atomizer, and a cartridge.

The atomizer is where the juice is heated and vaporized. The cartridge fits into the atomizer, and contains the juice. The polyfill that the juice is contained in touches the bridge in the atomizer, allowing the juice to wick into the atomizer coil.

A cartomizer is simply an atomizer and cartridge combined into a single unit.

Standard sized cartomizers will hold about 1ml of juice. There is polyfill material inside that hold the juice and allow it to wick to the coils that heat up and vaporize the juice.

With premade juices you do not need to mix or dilute them with anything. Just fill up your carto or cartridge and vape away!

Hope this info was helpful!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread