Hello from the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tango34

Dec 30, 2017
England
So my name is Chris im (currently!) 45 years young....

Started "normal" smoking at 16, 1 or 2 a day, joined the military at 18, and was soon a 2 packs (40 ciggs) a day man....

Attempted to give up many times over the years - including with some wonder drug from the Dr (that attempt was fine till they took me off the wonder drug!).

Managed to get myself down to 30 a day!!!!! (pack and a half!)

2 Weeks ago, decided enough is enough and switched to vaping - not had a cigg in 2 weeks, but very new to all of this vaping game.

Currently running a T18e using 18mg and its holding its own (just!) managed a night out and didnt turn back to the evil ciggs.

Well there is my story, hopefully this is a good place to get help when I need it. Looking forward to joining a community that understands and can teach.

Regards
Tango

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
Hello Chris and welcome to ECF! This is a terrific place to learn all about vaping - with a wonderful group of helpful people. It is delightful to hear how quickly you have taken to vaping. Well done you! I have been vaping for 3 months but am still duel using (down to about 5 cigs a day) so I congratulate you on your efforts so far!
Catherine

Last edited:

Tango34

Dec 30, 2017
England
I have been vaping for 3 months but am still dual using (down to about 5 cigs a day) so I congratulate you on your efforts so far!
Catherine

Its been "ok" but I forced my hand so to speak, went out got a starter kit, then got rid off all ciggs and ashtrays / lighters in my flat! - did it over Christmas as I have had 2 weeks leave and can manage my stress levels! and on the night out took along a smoker (normal none vape!) who would understand and stop me going back! - The mornings are the hardest waking up and needed a hit! but im 100% going to do this. But well done to you duel use is far better then no vape at all! :)

Possum64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2017
Brisbane, Australia
So true! By duel using I have still cut out about 20 cigs a day. Mornings are tough for sure. That was a good idea of yours to make the change without the added stress of work though. You sound very determined and I wish you the best in your journey!
Catherine

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Welcome @Tango34 Chris.

Good luck on your journey. You can definitely do this... I've known vapers who smoked 30,40,50 cigs a day who managed to quit with the old style (rubbish) products that were on sale 2010-2013. Some are still on sale, sadly.

I dual used for a while, vaping at low power with an eGo battery. (6 or 7 watts at best).
These new pen e-cigs are up at twice the power (some are twice that!) which is good news, because your 18mg in a T18 Innokin will totally kill 24mg in an old eGo from 5 years ago.

I'm on here a lot and know about products, prices and dodgy vendors. It's been a crusade after I was royally ripped off by supermarket e-cigs 5 years ago and didn't work out what was going on before signing up on two forums, this one (ECF) and AAEC which is mainly UK.

Dave.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Letitia is correct that sometimes upping your nic level at certain times can be helpful. It's also always good to have a backup.

But most of all, welcome to ECF and congrats on your success so far. Kudos for choosing a low stress time to switch, that was smart.

Welcome, and I hope you enjoy your stay here. As someone who HATED the detox process, I promise you it doesn't last forever, and I have found the more I vape, the more I enjoy it. :) After about 6 months, the husband decided to join me so no more tempting tobacco in the house, either. :)

Anna

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Welcome Tango! You are in the right place - this is a really knowledgeable and supportive community. I too was a 30-40 cig a day smoker, in my case, for 40+ years. Began vaping in August and just finished an 8 day stretch where I had 2 cigs per day (mornings are tough!). It's all down to vaping - I never, ever believed I could quit. I've been at this for 5 months and you are ahead of me. Congratulations!

Good choice on the T18. Getting a T22 was a real game changer for me early on. But I concur with those on this thread who say, 'Get a back up'. You also may want to check out NET and WTA liquids and 24mg is generally recommended for 2 pack a day smokers. I have just started to reduce the nic level in my ejuice - to 18mg.

Good luck!

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
So my name is Chris im (currently!) 45 years young....

Started "normal" smoking at 16, 1 or 2 a day, joined the military at 18, and was soon a 2 packs (40 ciggs) a day man....

Attempted to give up many times over the years - including with some wonder drug from the Dr (that attempt was fine till they took me off the wonder drug!).

Managed to get myself down to 30 a day!!!!! (pack and a half!)

2 Weeks ago, decided enough is enough and switched to vaping - not had a cigg in 2 weeks, but very new to all of this vaping game.

Currently running a T18e using 18mg and its holding its own (just!) managed a night out and didnt turn back to the evil ciggs.

Well there is my story, hopefully this is a good place to get help when I need it. Looking forward to joining a community that understands and can teach.

Regards
Tango

Hi Chris! Happy New Years!

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Socializing is when someone might lower their defences !. It's the most likely time to spark up if a smoke is offered, especially if drunk or tipsy, like on a new years eve !.

You definitely need to increase your nicotine MG's. Not using enough might be the shortfall which could lead you back to smoking.

Dual battery mods make good backups, can't have enough of them. Maybe one or two re-buildable atomizers too at some point. Though there are safety aspects which need to be understood along with all that. Such as battery safety, or buying reputable hardware devices like battery chargers, Xtar, Nitecore to name a couple.

You may also want to consider D.I.Y for making your own e liquids. More information is needed to do that safely though.

You can find out all you need to know from sub forums here. You can find links to pretty much everything you'll need to progress.

Been vaping for best part of 5 years. Over that time i have accumulated more than enough vaping hardware. I make my own e liquid, 24mg. It isn't conplicated, i keep it simple. Use the same re-buildable atomizer everyday, low power, 11.5 watts. Nothing exotic coil wise. Just a 5 wrap, 29g kanthal coil, takes 5 minutes to build. Easy for an adult once it's all been figured out. Coils can last months, mine do, only have to re-build about every 6 months, maybe longer. Totally worth the time learning how to do it.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Welcome and glad you joined.
Glad to see that you started vaping the right way, simple. Some novices inadvertently choose advanced starter equipment which can lead to confusion. The poor learner is flooded with too many variables and never gets the basics down pat. Just remember, if you decide you want something more, ECF is a good place to get recommendations.

Tango34

Dec 30, 2017
England
So just a little update..... we are now nearly 4 months in, not gone back, and have lowered strength from 18 to 12, would be nice to say I have saved money... but have a new TV, new Xbox and have purchased VR for my PC.... so not saved anthing apart from my health! - this was my aim, for the first few months what I used to spend on smoking spend instead on things for myself that I could not normally afford. - Best thing I ever did, but still miss that first cigg in the morning!

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Glad to hear it Tango - I quit at the end of Jan also with a t18. Got a t22 now, but I'm in NZ where you can get the 4.5ml tank.

Like you that first smoke of the morning was my favourite. And the one i thought id never beable to stop having. But at least with vaping its pretty close.

Also been shopping like mad.. Almost like winning a lower prize lotto ticket each week ;)

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread