Hello From Va

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuriousHobbit

Feb 9, 2018
Springfield, VA
I started smoking cigarettes when I was around 13 or so. Smoked for 20+ years, most of them at 2+ packs a day. I quit cold turkey and was off of them for 10 years or so. Like I'm sure has happened to many others, I thought to myself, I have this licked! I can have a smoke here and there with the guys. Before too long that turned into me buying cigarettes and back up to a pack a day or so. After a probably 4 of 5 years of that, I had to get off of those things again. I have an 8 year old son and although he's never seen me with a cigarette, I didn't want to let him see it because I was smoking at home (outside) a lot more than I had in the past.

So after watching a ton of videos and other research, I bought my first mod on December 8th from a local shop (Vape Nova in Alexandria, VA). I knew I was paying a premium for everything, but I wanted the local guidance and was willing to pay for it. I got a Battlestar and a cleito. The next day, I went back to talk and hang out for a while and ended up with a Valaryian as well.

Anyway, so far so good. No more cigarettes!

Cheers to everyone.

69dacc90e5d09839542e6080fc9144e7.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF and congrats on starting vaping. It is so MUCH easier than cold turkey (did that one when pregnant and nursing) and unlike cold turkey, after I detoxed really most of my cigarette cravings went away. Quite a miracle, since getting pregnant to quit smoking becomes a life long endeavor, but it was the only thing that worked for me besides vaping!

Hope you enjoy your stay at ECF. :)

Anna

FuriousHobbit

Feb 9, 2018
Springfield, VA
Welcome to ECF @FuriousHobbit. Congrats on a month without cigarettes. You didn't mention the SXMini G Class in your post. Did you buy that in NOVA?
I've managed to spend a little too much in my short time vaping. I got the g class from the Facebook group sx mini brotherhood thru one of the waffles that jazzy jag runs. I've already abandoned the sub ohm tanks and enjoy a number of rta's and rda's.

My poor wife is a saint for putting up with me :)

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I've managed to spend a little too much in my short time vaping. I got the g class from the Facebook group sx mini brotherhood thru one of the waffles that jazzy jag runs. I've already abandoned the sub ohm tanks and enjoy a number of rta's and rda's.

My poor wife is a saint for putting up with me :)

Lucky! :) I keep entering his waffles but have about decided I would be better off keeping my money and saving up for the Gold Edition that I want. Good for you though. Nice way to start off your vaping adventure.

FuriousHobbit

Feb 9, 2018
Springfield, VA
Lucky! :) I keep entering his waffles but have about decided I would be better off keeping my money and saving up for the Gold Edition that I want. Good for you though. Nice way to start off your vaping adventure.
Ha! It took me 4 or 5 times. But I do consider myself lucky. Ended up getting it for less than half price. Done buying for a while, I hope. 4 rda's, 3 rta's and enough juice to drown in.

But then there's this other juice I read about that looks good, and I do want a single coil rta...

I told my wife this would be cheaper hahahah

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
Ha! It took me 4 or 5 times. But I do consider myself lucky. Ended up getting it for less than half price. Done buying for a while, I hope. 4 rda's, 3 rta's and enough juice to drown in.

But then there's this other juice I read about that looks good, and I do want a single coil rta...

I told my wife this would be cheaper hahahah

Oh, you will settle down. It is the shiny newness of it all. It will be cheaper in the long run. ;) The biggest savings is to your health. You are far ahead of most people at 1 month of vaping. It took me two years on Ego-C batteries and horrid little cartomizers before I moved into better set-ups, but in 2013, there weren't as many choices as there are today. My little Joyetech e-Cab was near the top of the moderate line back then. :D The Joyetech Ego-C was a step up. Oh, the memories but I cannot complain because I have never picked up another cigarette and that is a miracle. You have some very nice gear and that should do you well for some time. A great single coil RTA is the Asmodus Zesthia. It has the best flavor of any RTA I have used. That OBS Engine Nano looks good on the SXMini, the Zesthia would look even better. JMO but you really are set for now.

Learn to DIY your juice and you will save even more. What juices do you like? I make juice for myself, and several other people. It's fun!

Last edited:

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I started smoking cigarettes when I was around 13 or so. Smoked for 20+ years, most of them at 2+ packs a day. I quit cold turkey and was off of them for 10 years or so. Like I'm sure has happened to many others, I thought to myself, I have this licked! I can have a smoke here and there with the guys. Before too long that turned into me buying cigarettes and back up to a pack a day or so. After a probably 4 of 5 years of that, I had to get off of those things again. I have an 8 year old son and although he's never seen me with a cigarette, I didn't want to let him see it because I was smoking at home (outside) a lot more than I had in the past.

So after watching a ton of videos and other research, I bought my first mod on December 8th from a local shop (Vape Nova in Alexandria, VA). I knew I was paying a premium for everything, but I wanted the local guidance and was willing to pay for it. I got a Battlestar and a Cleito. The next day, I went back to talk and hang out for a while and ended up with a Valaryian as well.

Anyway, so far so good. No more cigarettes!

Cheers to everyone.

69dacc90e5d09839542e6080fc9144e7.jpg

Congratulations!! Looks like ur doing everything “right” to keep you vaping! Research is the most important glad to hear you’ve been doing it. There’s so much to learn about vaping. Lots of great folks here happy to help you out! So enjoy!!

sara

FuriousHobbit

Feb 9, 2018
Springfield, VA
Oh, you will settle down. It is the shiny newness of it all. It will be cheaper in the long run. ;) The biggest savings is to your health. You are far ahead of most people at 1 month of vaping. It took me two years on Ego-C batteries and horrid little cartomizers before I moved into better set-ups, but in 2013, there weren't as many choices as there are today. My little Joyetech e-Cab was near the top of the moderate line back then. :D The Joyetech Ego-C was a step up. Oh, the memories but I cannot complain because I have never picked up another cigarette and that is a miracle. You have some very nice gear and that should do you well for some time. A great single coil RTA is the Asmodus Zesthia. It has the best flavor of any RTA I have used. That OBS Engine Nano looks good on the SXMini, the Zesthia would look even better. JMO but you really are set for now.

Learn to DIY your juice and you will save even more. What juices do you like? I make juice for myself, and several other people. It's fun!
That zesthia is probably my next purchase. Not just yet but not too long either. I've seen it and think it looks great.

Juice wise I'm all over the place. Blue raspberry is one of my favorite flavors outside of vaping and love some of the juices Ive tried too. Fruits are generally my favorites but I need variety as well and do enjoy custards.

I just haven't done much research on making my own juice yet. A little bit bit will do much more before I jump into it. I'm happy to say that I've probably spent less than 50 bucks on stuff that's crap. I tend to over research things. :)

I think that's why this has quickly become a full fledged hobby for me and why I gravitated so quickly to building - lots of technical details to go thru. It's what I love.

PJReid

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 2, 2013
Virginia
I have been working on a Blue Raspberry Lemonade Slush. All of the versions I have made are good, but not yet perfect. I am waiting for a secret ingredient from Germany that I hope will make it wonderful. Since you are practically a neighbor, I will share some with you if you are interested. Just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread