Just saying hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlpsr

Dec 15, 2019
Pennsylvania
Hello all,

Just signed on. Smoked for 30+ years, quit after a heart attack, mostly related to stress and hereditary etc. Still smoked stogies once in a while or did.

Due to some recent heavy stress, bummed a cigarette and smoked 13 packs after that. So, I bought a Juul. Been using it about 3 weeks or so. Probably saved my life. No cigars or cigarettes for a couple weeks now.

Picked up bronchitis and sinusitis in the last week or so, running around in crappy weather, visiting wife in the hospital and not sleeping for 36 hours straight will do that. Do not believe it's vape related at all. Just got sick.

Anyhow 5% Juul VA tobacco, not into flavors. I like the pods but their costly, so considering a smok Nord or two and Saltnic dry tobacco for better battery and capacity. Using about 1Juul pod per day or less.

So far so good, I think I'm liking vaping.

Have a good one!

Dave

Dlpsr

Dec 15, 2019
Pennsylvania
Thank you Falconeer,
Nice guitar. I've had a Fender Telecaster Thinking blonde since I bought it in 1973ish new. It's freezing in PA too and windy today.
Dave

Welcome to the Forum from bonnie but freezing Scotland this morning.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to you and Mrs Dlpsr, best wishes for sticking with the no smoking and welcome again.

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
Thank you Falconeer,
Nice guitar. I've had a Fender Telecaster Thinking blonde since I bought it in 1973ish new. It's freezing in PA too and windy today.
Dave

That one's my Variax, based on the Yamaha Pacifica body but with onboard software to emanate different guitars banjo and even a sitar - though I use it mostly as a straight Strat.

Yup them Telecasters do talk to you, late in life in my case - I have a butterscotch blonde solid body and a thinline semi too!

Last edited:

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Welcome, Dave. Stress can certainly push you back toward the cigarettes, but you've done well to seek out a new strategy when the old one faltered. If you're wondering about alternative equipment, feel free to ask about that or anything else.

The Smok Nord has many loyal users and the Smok brand is widespread and well-marketed, but Smok seems to have a decided weakness when it comes to quality control. Sometimes they produce a a good product, other times it's DOA or fails in a month or two. Check out the Vape Pod Systems forum if you'd like to learn about some other options (of which there are many).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread