Hello, Intermediate Vaper here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syfodyaz

Jan 24, 2018
Hello first time here. I have been vaping for just over a year now and am currently using a eleaf pico 75w with the melo 3 mini. I switched to vaping to stop smoking mainly for the cost and am currently looking for greater flavor then the stock coils that you can get from eleaf. i have seen many post about which coils you can use for the melo 3 mini but they are over a year old and i am in need of some clarification if any one would be so nice. are these coils here ATOM GCLAPTON GOLD PLATED OVC SUB OHM COILS FOR ASPIRE ATLANTIS / SENSE HERAKLES able to fit into the melo 3 mini with no problems?

Thank you for your time and vape on!

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Well, they can take Vaporesso EUC C-cell coils with the adaptor. At the right resistance (for you) it's a decent vape and the coils have a fair amount of longevity. They do make a TC titanium coil I think so if you use that one just make sure you are in TC mode.

Anna

Is that with the Atlantis style BVC sleeve? If so any other Atlantis styled coil will work as well and there are lots of choices on the market from different manufacturers.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello first time here. I have been vaping for just over a year now and am currently using a eleaf pico 75w with the melo 3 mini. I switched to vaping to stop smoking mainly for the cost and am currently looking for greater flavor then the stock coils that you can get from eleaf. i have seen many post about which coils you can use for the melo 3 mini but they are over a year old and i am in need of some clarification if any one would be so nice. are these coils here ATOM GCLAPTON GOLD PLATED OVC SUB OHM COILS FOR ASPIRE ATLANTIS / SENSE HERAKLES able to fit into the melo 3 mini with no problems?
Thank you for your time and vape on!
Welcome and glad you joined.
I found that a fresh wick can add a lot to "greater flavor".
Might like to read:
http://www.geekayvapes.com/squonking-101/

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Yes, an Atlantis or Atlantis-styled coil head will work in the Melo Mini. That's a good (but not great) all around tank with few leaking problems and few dry hits. It's best at or below 40 Watts. Its biggest drawbacks are a somewhat restricted airflow and it's 2ml capacity. At 40-something Watts, you'll need to carry some juice with you.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
IMO, it sounds like you're ready to build. I don't know whether your DTL or MTL (seems your tank is supposed to do either), or cloud chasing. But if you want more than a factory coil can deliver, you probably need to get an RTA or RDA, as previously suggested. And you might want to consider DIY'ing your juice - that's even easier than building/wicking coils, which is really pretty easy, too.
Some very knowledgeable people here (not me, really;))- give a little more info on how you like to vape- wattage, juice type, etc., and I'm sure you'll get great info & recommendations.

Syfodyaz

Jan 24, 2018
Right now i vape DTL, i am not a cloud chaser, and am using a 70/30 ejuice. I have looked into doing buildables but prefer the simplicity of dropping in a new coil when i need to. I am currently using the standard melo 3 coil 0.3ohm at 50 watts. after experimenting i found i like that wattage on em. With the current stuff im using i get mild to almost no flavor on my vapes. it could be the ejuice itself but ive also heard subpar reviews on the flavor/vape on the melo 3 mini coils.

Last edited:

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Right now i vape DTL, i am not a cloud chaser, and am using a 70/30 ejuice. I have looked into doing buildables but prefer the simplicity of dropping in a new coil when i need to. I am currently using the standard melo 3 coil 0.3ohm at 50 watts. after experimenting i found i like that wattage on em. With the current stuff im using i get mild to almost no flavor on my vapes. it could be the ejuice itself but ive also heard subpar reviews on the flavor/vape on the melo 3 mini coils.

I was the same but i've been a full time rebuilder for a while now.

Once you get the hang of it, it's just as easy to install and wick a coil. The coils can last 4-8 weeks so you're really only swapping cotton.

You can buy pre-made coils to install too.

Cotton being super inexpensive and coils lasting so long, you get better coils and that 'fresh cotton' taste every time you vape for cheaper than buying premade atomizer things.

Here's a sample. On the left are pre-made coils from a store, a step up from what you would get with a tank; on the right are the ones I made that will last for probably 2 months.

Compare these to the coils you can see inside the atomizers you're buying now. It's no contest, not even close.

IMG_4432.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread