Hello, my fellow Vapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chromashadows

Nov 9, 2019
I'm so glad to have stumbled on this forum. :) My name is Sarra and I'm 46 (you can call me Sarra or Chroma whichever you like). I live in Southern Indiana with my long term boyfriend Gary.

I started vaping with a (seems like) foot long vape pen back in 2014. I was still smoking cigs as I wasn't ready to quit at the time. I graduated to a 220w Smok Alien in 2016, and have had many subohm mods/tanks since. Currently I have a Voopoo drag 2 and just got a brand new Smok Tpriv 2 days ago. I'm in love with the Freemax Fireluke Mesh coils and the freemax tank, but sadly it (nor my baby beast tank) didn't fit in the tpriv for some reason so I bought a tfv8 big baby beast tank which fits fine. I'm still scratching my head on that as all 3 tanks are 510's. :yawn:

Im thrilled to say I 100% quit cigs Sept 28, 2018. I tell ya, after 1.5 packs a day since 1992, I thought it'd be hard. I had 3 bad days and the rest has been cake. (not just cake flavored juice. I mean easy). Know what's impossible for me to quit? Soda. I'll drink water for a day or 2 then it's right back to soda. Stopping soda is 5 million times harder than quitting cigs.

Anyway I'll no doubt be a very active participant here and I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. ❤️ Some day I want to learn how to make my own subohm coils (terrifies me as of now) amd I'm going to start learning how to make my own Juices. If I can recreate the recipes for Banana .... Left Cheek, Vapor Lock (an Evansville Indiana exclusive) and Pinup Betty, I'll be so content. :cool:

Okay. I'll leave this topic now. I have a few things to post regarding the potential ban. And also want to search "diy coils" plus maybe find juice recipes. :)

Nice meeting all of you :wub: VAPE ON.

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Welcome, Sarra. Sounds like you'll fit in well.

To help you out on your searches, here's the DIY eliquid forum: DIY E-Liquid.

Making your own coils is usually referred to coil building and falls under the heading of rebuildables, not DIY coils. Forum here.

Feel free to drop in and look around a bit. If you're left with any questions or have a comment to add, we'll be happy to hear from you.

• Love
Reactions: Opinionated

FlyerTom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
Nor'Eastern PA
mjHJuAF.png

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Welcome to ECF!
I absolutely understand the soda thing.. going two days is an accomplishment congratulations! I only recently began building coils and I was terrified like I honestly thought that you had to be like engineer or a chemistry major to make sure that you didn't do something that would hurt you but I was so far off. It's great to do a lot of research and really communicate especially with people on here but it's way less difficult than you're imagining right now. When you feel like you've gotten a sufficient amount of information to proceed you might want to start out with a pre wrapped coil. And get used to putting the coil in and burning it off checking for hotspots checking for your resistance to make sure you don't have shorts Etc it sounds a lot more complicated than it really is and with a regulated device it's pretty hard to screw up it's even harder for it to be dangerous with just a little bit of care and caution. Don't be too intimidated it's definitely something that you sound like you have an open mind to and with coils that are pre-wrapped and wire and cotton being pretty darn cheap it wouldn't hurt if you're interested to get them just to have on hand for when you feel like you might want to experiment. Now that I've gone to rta's and building myself I can't stand sub ohm tanks with commercial coils it's like going from a filet mignon to a piece of rotten gristle... but I'm not a cloud chaser so I think that does make it easier when you really just want flavor. Forum members with tons of experience may give you step-by-step instructions or there's YouTube videos out there that are really good at telling you how and why you're doing what you are doing when you're building :) don't be too intimidated. The great thing about this is with the regulated mods and the ohms readers you literally can check to make sure everything is right before you fire it on yr mod so you'll know it's okay it's very reassuring even though the chance of something bad happening is very slim as long as you get good recommendations from people that know what they're doing :)

• Love

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Welcome to ECF!

I'm opposite you - I don't drink Soda, and for years at a time I even skip the coffee (although my love affair with coffee is on and off)..

I'm more a water only kind of person (not even the flavored kind!) with the occasional coffee in the morning...

Soda doesn't phase me although if I eat out I will sometimes get a soda.

What was like pulling teeth was stopping cigarettes for me. I made it with chain vaping my little Ego back in 2014, but it still wasn't easy. Lots of willpower..

Congratulations on your first year!

• Love
Reactions: AvaOrchid

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Thanks for the very warm welcomes, everyone :wub: I can already tell this will become a fond home for me. :)
Welcome and glad you joined.
You Tube is a good source in learning hand eye techniques regarding coil and wicking.
The rebuildable information below may help you:
(7) Information Resources for Your First RBA | E-Cigarette Forum
Wrapping Building Coils 101 For Beginners
RBA Vape Guide: RDA, RTA, Genesis, and More
Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2
Rayon wick, better flow, flavor, saturation and Nic Hit!
Could ask detail questions here: Wick and Wire

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread