Hello, my name is Nate and I like to vape...

Status
Not open for further replies.
tl:dr at the end
I don't have an awesome story like many. I "only" smoked real cigs for about 8 years. I stopped for a while with cig-a-likes but then one day both batteries were dead and I needed nicotine. Lit a cigarette and I was back on them. A year and a half ago I went to a B&M and bought an evic cause it was what an IT person would use right? And a protank. Well, I quickly got sick of changing atomizers in the protank so I learned how to rewick them...won a vamo in a contest, won an mvp in a contest, traded the evic for a nintendo wii, bought a used evic, had several iclear 30 which I would rewick just like the protank, tried several tanks I couldn't rewick worth a damn and threw them away, and this entire time I was a dual user. Got down to 1-4 cigs a day. (started out a pack and a half a day). I was happy with that. Until one day I decided these tanks just suck. I bought a aga t2...but couldn't get it right (finicky aren't they?!) went back to the crap tanks. Then, I started googling, there had to be a better tank...and I came across the kayfun variety. I went to a different B&M, he showed me the kayfun, one of the other customers showed me how he can vape the hell out of his kayfun and not get a dry hit, and I was sold. Excited, I got in my car, lit a cigarette, then half way home started using my kayfun. That was my last cigarette...3 months ago. I now have a kayfun lite plus, kayfun 3.1, and kayfun mini (all clones...I'm not rich). And at this moment, I'm waiting on my eleaf istick so I can push it higher cause clearly the 15w my vamo can doesn't even get close to the kayfun's abilities. Not that 20w will, but it'll satisfy my current needs.

tl;dr
Smoke free for 3 months, have a few kayfuns and an istick on the way.

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Hello and welcome to the forum Nate. Glad to have you here!:)

I have a few iSticks (and I do like them) but there are a few problems with regard to it's circuitry (it measures mean not RMS). It is not capable of down regulating power (it is widely inaccurate, especially at lower voltages). As long as you're aware of it and don't need a battery that can output voltages between 3v and 4.2 volts, you may like it. It does go up to 20 watts (but only using a 1.1 ohm coil).

I run my Kayfun on my iSticks as they perform best (for me) at builds between 1.4+ ohms due to their shallow juice channels and restricted airflow.

If you are interested in seeing more about what is really going on with the iStick see a great post by fellow ECF member Peraspera: Wattage Ranges for Specific Ohm Builds Using iStick Specs

Here's PBusardo's detailed review on the iStick.

Last edited:

Falkor

Jan 6, 2015
Pennsylvania
I have an istick I use with an RDA and am loving it. I believe it does actually down regulate power, but it does on average seem to run about 1 volt hot because of its going by mean instead of RMS.

For the kayfun build you are using, and the wattage you seem to be using I doubt that will be an issue for you. I know it has not been an issue for me I just adjust wattage to taste, and can still run my little protank 3 dual coils on it at the lower settings without issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread