New poster, vaping for a bit over a year now, looking for something special

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New Jersey, United States
Hey all, after much browsing, and lurking I've finally decided to get in on it. I've been vaping for a bit over a year an half, started on V2s, switched to egos with clearo's then evods. Picked up SID Bolt mod after a year, which broke in a few months, and I am now rocking with a Vamo v5 with Protank III with rebuilt coils and just started using a EHpro Kayfun Lite with it.

Which leads me to my question, I love the kayfun lite clone that I have, and after building Protank III coils, the Kayfun is pretty easy to do (once you figure out the vacuum pressure thing). I love the hit, and the flavor with cotton wicks is incomparable to anything that I've been able to produce on the Protank III (which was light years ahead of the clearo's and evods). The only thing that bugs the heck out of me on the Kayfun is the size in comparison to the Vamo v5. Does anyone have any suggestions on a similar style rebuildable tank atomizer that has a slightly slimmer profile that will fit and work well with the Vamo? I have 32 and 28 gauge Kanthal available, a few different gauges to wrap on, and cotton and ekowool (2 and 3 mm which i haven't even tried to use yet) wicking material. So...thoughts, or even better,pictures?

scratchtheweasel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2014
Pocono PA
Welcome to the forum Mrez. I wish I could give you some advice, but it sounds like you have a lot more experience than me. I am sure some other forum members will be able to help you out. What's working well for me right now is an aerotank on my K100. It's a pretty uninteresting setup, but I get a good amount of vapor and it's keeping me happy until the next time I wander into my local B&M. :)

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
Slender? Sounds like you want a Kayfun mini

I looked at the mini's but they look a little to thin for my current build. I am pretty sure once the Vamo v5 goes, I look for something a little thicker or shorter that can hold the Kayfun. But the vamo has been treating me very well, much more consistent than the SID Bolt I had.

Mrez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
Welcome to the forum Mrez. I wish I could give you some advice, but it sounds like you have a lot more experience than me. I am sure some other forum members will be able to help you out. What's working well for me right now is an aerotank on my K100. It's a pretty uninteresting setup, but I get a good amount of vapor and it's keeping me happy until the next time I wander into my local B&M. :)

I thought about picking up an aero tank at one point, but I ended up getting the air flow control rings for my protank III's and was very happy with them, or at least one of them. The other was a bit flakey, kept getting low load warnings on it. They are also a bit finicky with rebuilt coils. It's amazing though what started out as a quit smoking aid turned into a hobby (much to my wife's annoyance).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread