Hello, new to ECF, vaping for years, coil question

Status
Not open for further replies.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Thanks for finding that info. joyetech has ProC1, ProC1-S which are Kanthal, and ProC2, ProC3, ProC4 which are NiChrome. NiChrome being 80% Nickel and 20% Chromium I would think it would work in TC Ni Mode. I asked joyetech, still waiting on an answer.

Nicrhome and nickel are two totally different metals.

Remember the basics... Kanthal and Nichrome are primarily wattage only devices. TC works by detecting the resistance change once it heats up. Because of the mixture of metals, they cannot have a steady resistance change while it heats up.

Stainless steel is primarily used in TC, but has been known to be used in wattage mode. It is also a mixture of metals, but since stainless steel has been around for a while, there are certain "recipes" to make a particular type of metal, and can be accurately monitored... assuming you're using the correct type of steel.

Nickel and Titanium are pure metals and decent conductors. Their resistances are too low to be used effectively in wattage mode. There is also some danger for titanium using wattage, since if you get the coil too hot, titanium dioxide might form, and that is a hazardous element.

On a side note... Titanium is also flammable. I have taken some titanium wire, and put a blow torch to it outside. It burns a bright white light, and will keep burning for a while.. somewhat like a really bright fuse. I don't advise doing this on a regular basis, since the smoke is toxic. Titanium is what is used in fireworks to make a bright white light.. copper is used to make a blue one.

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
It doesn't surpise me that aspire sells a mod with tc and has no tc coils for the tank it comes with. Some people don't do tc but most companies think you have to have tc on every mod they make plus alot of people change tanks as they progress thur vaping so the beginner tanks get put to the the side as you figure out what type of tank you like. I just looked and over half my mods don't have the tank they came with as I've found tanks I like better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread