Status
Not open for further replies.

what the hell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
NJ
Hello!

I've been reading over the forums for a few days now gathering information (enough to make my head spin) and finally decided to join.

My wife and I saw an e-cig at a mall kiosk a week ago called Nuvo cig. Did a bit of research on it when we got home (seems to be a new company that is in my general region). It looked interesting and at $29.99 for a starter kit containing 1 batt, 1 atomizer and 5 carts seemed like a good deal.

Being new to this and having nothing to compare it to yet it seems to be decent. Vapor is good and seems to have a bit of a throat hit if I do a long enough drag on it. Stock pre-filled carts don't have much flavor. My wife is happy with hers, but it seems to be a bit lacking for me (I'm a heavier smoker).

After doing research on this forum I was going to go with a 510 kit with a PCC to keep batts charged up during the day, but then I saw the eGo kit. I ordered an eGo kit, 5 pack of 501 cartomizers and a custom sample pack of e-liquid (10 flavors of my choosing) from Awesome Vapor. Awesome Vapor is including a 16ml bottle of liquid with the eGo kit.

I also placed an order for an adapter to use KR808 cartomizers from another vendor and a 5 pack of Premium Vapor King Blank Cartomizers and a 5 pack of Premium CoolCarts Vapor King Blank Cartomizers from vapor 4 life.

I'm hoping it will arrive by the end of the week at the latest. I've already cut myself down from a pack a day to 1/2 a pack (give or take a few), but I've been dealing with some rather strong cravings while puffing away like mad at my current e-cig.

Doug :toast:

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
[...] I've already cut myself down from a pack a day to 1/2 a pack (give or take a few), but I've been dealing with some rather strong cravings while puffing away like mad at my current e-cig. [...]

Welcome to ECF, it sounds like you're off to a great start. The constant vaping and cravings make me think that you might need a higher level of nicotine in your juice.

JohnnyCool

Jul 14, 2010
Pennsylvania
Doug,

Congratulations and keep the faith, bro. I am new to this myself... travel for a living, so you can imagine how bad I jones for a smoke over 12 hours of travel.

Started with the 510 from the mall kiosk. It was just good enough to cut my smoking in half. The battery life was the big issue that kept me from kicking the analogs. I ordered an eGo and could not be happier. I have been using it with both the standard 510 addy/cart as well as the XL. Just go back from a 7 day cruise and have gone to about 3 analogs a day. The only reason I had the 3 was because my wife smokes and we get go out on the porch together and chat. She is a bit wierded out by the e-cig thing, but I'm easing her into it.

Anyway... stick with it. Find the equipment and the juice that works for you. Since you already have the 510, you can get your hands on an eGo battery and cone fairly cheaply. Your e-cig will perform better and last you most of the day, if not all.

Good luck!

Barum

Aug 1, 2010
Rhode Island
That's what I was thinking. The carts are 24mg. I have 24mg USA mix coming with the Ego. Maybe a better quality juice will do the trick. If not I've been thinking of ordering some 36mg.

My 510 came with 5 carts of USA mix 24, and the throat hit was HARSH. I've been refilling the one cart over and over with the little bottle of 24mg Marl that came along with my kit. (A little surprise for me, as i didn't order it, and it wasn't listed as included...)

The Marl (dunno who makes it, since there's no info on it) is really smooth, and tasty. I'm a menthol junkie, and I still like the marl.

My ONLY complaint is that i like the auto battery, but am having a hard time finding any spares online. I would even consider getting an adapter for another size battery, if i could keep the auto feature (these have the motorola vacuum sensors... The work NICE!)

quasimod

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Joplin, MO - USA
36 mg. is pretty high, but that's what works for me (3 pks of Kool Filter Kings, 30+ yrs. smoker). That level will make a lot of people feel sick. If it's too high, you will know immediately. Sudden headache, hiccups, feel like you swallowed tobacco juice, gas, maybe an unexpected trip to the nearest restroom. Symptoms go away pretty quickly, you'll be back to normal in 15 to 30 minutes. Don't throw away any of your liquids, they will become useful later when you learn to mix them. Worst case scenario is you'll give them away or sell them to someone that likes them. They are good for a couple of years, if kept in a tightly closed bottle away from direct sunlight.

Another thing that will help kill the cravings is to learn to "direct inhale". Just like it sounds. Instead of drawing a mouthful of vapor and then inhaling it, you draw directly into your lungs. It can be pretty harsh and awful until you learn to do it right, but if you keep trying you'll get it down in a day or two. It really makes a difference when you just have to have a big, full-vapor hit. You'll learn to press and release the button before it chokes you, keep inhaling, then press the button again after it cools a bit.

Just keep reading, because there are a lot of different ways to skin this particular cat. One of them will work for you.

EDIT:

@ Barum:

510 batteries are pretty common, a lot of vendors sell them. If you haven't tried the manual batteries, you may want to give them a try. Most people eventually prefer them, because they give you more control. Here's a popular vendor:

Joye 510 batts from cignot.com

Last edited:

what the hell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
NJ
Thanks for the info Quasi! I had read about the direct inhale or just holding the vapor in my lungs longer to get more of the nicotine absorbed to help squash the cravings.

My wife can't handle the 24mg. After a couple of puffs she gets light headed. Meanwhile I'm puffing away like crazy and thinking it's too light. LOL

If I get the 36mg I would just use it when I get those really strong cravings. My goal is to stop smoking analogs and then eventually stop vaping and kick the nic habit altogether.

Johnny,
I tend to smoke a lot while driving. With a 1 hour commute I usually smoke 3 - 6 cigs depending on how many drivers get in my way. :-x

Doug

CaptJay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2010
A Brit, abroad, (USA)
I'm with your wife I couldnt deal with the 24mg well either - I am currently at 12mg - which is better for ME as I can chain vape (because I enjoy it) without headaches or upset tummy (oh boy I have some stories...lol). I have some 0 nic juices but while they are nice I do feel I need SOME nic (25 years PAD smoker, and ultralights the last few years but when i started I was on reg strength).
Good news is that unlike finding a great flavor, finding your personal nic level doesn't take long.
Good luck in your new lifestyle and of course welcome to the forum.

what the hell

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
NJ
While checking out some vendor sites I saw a starter kit that looks very similar to the one I got at the mall and it says that it's 510 compatible. The one my wife and I got comes with a 1 year warranty. Once I get my Ego kit my wife will get mine to have as a spare so it won't go to waste.

I read a post in another thread that said to blow out the new atomizers to get rid of the primer. Do you have to do the same with cartomizers?

Barum

Aug 1, 2010
Rhode Island
@ Barum:

510 batteries are pretty common, a lot of vendors sell them. If you haven't tried the manual batteries, you may want to give them a try. Most people eventually prefer them, because they give you more control. Here's a popular vendor:

Thanx! I've visited them. (I used the coupon code list as a way of finding vendors.) I know that the "prevailing wisdom" seems to favor the manual batteries, but i've been a smoker since the age of 14, and am set in my ways.
Also, I tend to smoke even analogs with the business end in my teeth, and my hands occupied with something else. The auto battys fit my "style" better.
I have a "support request ticket" in with MadVapes, where I got my starter kit.
We'll see what happens...

normie

Sep 30, 2010
ny
I picked up a Nuvo.. Considering I could touch and feel it at the kiosk. Guy was nice, they had a sample cartridge to use (it got me pretty buzzed full strength marlboro). I picked one up, plus a few packs of cartridges. My question is, can you use a 510 atomizer with this? are there any other outlets for cartridges? As a new e-cig user, it's really not a bad device.. I hope to never have to graduate to a different device.. But after 20 years of smoking or more, it's a difficult task!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread