Newbie, just ordered a vapor4life kit.. how'd I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clinton

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
NorCal - The place to be!
Expecting this kit tomorrow, was wondering if anyone out there can tell this newbie how he did. I did shop around quite a bit and did a little bit of research, and I ordered the following from vapor4life:

Items Ordered:
1 of : VAPOR KING-Ultimate Ultimatum Automatic Kit
1 of : Kamel Menthol Nobacco juice (30 ml) - 36mg
1 of : Kamel Wow Vapor juice (30ml) - 24mg
1 of : Premium Vapor King Kamel Cartomizers (Box of 5) - 36mg
1 of : Vapor King Mint Lovers Sampler Cartomizers (Box of 5) - 36mg
1 of : WOW Vapor Kamel Cartomizers (Box of 5) - 36mg
1 of : WOW Vapor King Blank Cartomizers (Pack of 5) [Cart Color:Royal Blue]

So do you guys think I made a good choice? I'm hoping so. I haven't even tried an e-cig yet, but I'm certain that I will like them. I just hope I picked the right one. This order cost me a little over $160 including express shipping. (I used the coupon code 'smilin' and got a 10% discount). So how'd I do? Also, as a pack a day smoker, how long would you estimate this stuff will last before I need to buy more carts/juice? Any reply appreciated, thank you!

alovingmommyof3

ECF Veteran
Sep 23, 2010
Midwest
I have the Vapor King XL from V4L. Had it a week now and like it (I may love it after my learning curve is better). It took some learning tp try to fill blank carts; I ruined a few (I am not good at learning such things). I also had bought the Kamel wow juice and hated it at first. Now I tolerate it. Each person is different so you may love it. The taste and harshness of it is not for me. To me it burned. It may be that I was using the Wow blank cartos (have yet to try my cool cartos). I do wonder if I can mix it with mint or something to make it better.

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Hi, and welcome to ECF. That's a pretty good order for a nuby. You got 2 batt's, a pt, pcc, a bunch of carto's, and juice to go with it. You chose some pretty stout juice at 36mg, but you're covered with the 24mg if it's too strong. That should last a while. If the 36mg turns out to be too strong you can cut it with some lower nic later. Enjoy your vape when it gets here, and ask as many questions as you have.

ryb74ii

Aug 17, 2010
Louisiana
Wow that's pretty cool . . . I had heard that 808s were becoming increasingly hard to find. Hope it works out for you -- don't see why it shouldn't.

Did you originally smoke menthol? I did, and found it incredibly difficult to find a menthol juice that was suitable for my needs. I'm over vaping strictly menthol flavors now, but when I do vape menthol, I believe that Backwoods Brew Menthol Tobacco is excellent.

Don's website is down right now due to a dispute with his merchant account, but you can set up mail orders with him if you would like. It's not expensive and he does a great job. And it is VERY close to a real menthol analog.

Clinton

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Hello again all, hey I really appreciate the replies. I was a little nervous about whether I made the right choice but now I feel a whole lot better and I am very anxiously awaiting my new kit! I spoke to a v4l rep on the phone and he said my order has officially shipped and should be here tomorrow! I am so stoked on all this!

I am still wondering how long my carts and juice will last me though, I smoke about a pack a day (Camel Wides).. anybody have an estimate on how long my juice/carts will last?

Thanks again to everyone! :)
-Clinton

cskent

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Ohio
Most people average around 2-3 ml/day. The most I've used is 5 ml. It looks like you've got 20 carto's so that should last you for months. The juice and filled carto's together should let you go around a month unless you don't like the flavor or vape heavily. You might want to just try what you've got ordered before making any purchases, although that 36mg juice has me worried a bit. I know I wouldn't be able to take it. I use 24mg and it does good for me, satisfies but doesn't knock me on my $%&. But you'll find out soon enough whether it's right for you. Overall ya done good I'd say.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
Holy crap did you ever screw up Clinton! (just kidding) You did just fine Clinton about the only thing you'll need to know is how to fill a cartomizer. It's easy, take your fingernail and pop the rubber cap at the mouth end of the carto, place an end cap (condom) about half way onto the battery end, then put about 12 drop into the carto which will absorbed into the polyfill. Squeeze the end cap to get out any air bubbles, add another 8-10 drop, squeeze, re-insert cap and vape.

Make sure to increase you water intake, vaping will dehydrate you and if you find the Wow Cartos burn a little hot, order some Cool Cartos on the next order. If you do order Cool Carto blanks, they may not screw onto your PT all the way, if that happens take a little sand paper or a finger nail file and lightly file down the threads until the cartos screw on.

Sticking with Tobacco flavors is common for newbs, however I would suggest trying Wowboy, RazzWow, Peppermint Wow, Wow Coffee along with other tobacco flavors like Wow 555 and Wow Nuport. If you don't like something you orders, no worries, you can always trade it and the Pay-it-forward Sub-Forums, or put in the V4L swap sticky.

Forget the whole "Manuals are better than Autos", I have a half dozen of each from Shortys to XLs and they both work just fine for different situations. Manuals have button issues, try vaping with no hands on a manual. You did great, don't let anyone tell ya any different.

Welcome to V4L and the ECF!

Last edited:

Clinton

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Thanx again all. I was hopping I'd ordered enough to last several months not just a month, however, that just means I'll get to try more different flavors sooner :) so that's just fine. My kit should be here today. I'm so excited I feel like a kid on Christmas morning! May seem silly to some... but I LOVE technology, and I LOVE smoking, so a marriage of the two for me is just completely and totally awesome. When I first heard of 'a cigarette you can plug into your computer'!?!? hehe, well.. I knew I just had to have one. :) Not to mention the health benefits of vapping as opposed to smoking, as well as the potential this product has to help me quit at least the 'nicotine' part of smoking so I can get gastric bypass surgery. This is gonna be great I know it.

Last edited:

Clinton

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Just got my kit! For the most part, I'm loving it so far! I am very happy. One thing so far though, the Kamel WOW carts I got are really harsh, and seem to produce very little vapor. But I am a newbie, maybe it's not 'broken in' yet.. but as I said for the most part I'm very happy, plus they threw in a lot of bonus stuff, (2 boxes Kamel cool carts, 1 box fruit sampler, and 3 more random carts). Not bad v4l! This is sweet... I'll post again when I get more acquainted with my new kit, but I am already in love with this thing...

Last edited:

Rudforce

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
IE, CA, US, Earth
...One thing so far though, the Kamel WOW carts I got are really harsh, and seem to produce very little vapor. But I am a newbie, maybe it's not 'broken in' yet.. ...

I've had several new, prefilled cartos from V4L that didn't seem to actually be full of juice. Especially with the sampler-packs. There were even a couple that didn't seem to have a full amount of stuffing in them.

Pop the mouthpiece cap off and have a look at how wet the stuffing is. It should be fairly soggy, but not dripping out. If it's too dry add a few drops from a bottle (hold carto at 45 degree angle, drip down the side so it runs down, stop when filler is saturated).

Clinton

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Vaping 'smilin special menthol-8' right now with my pass-thru... you know I think the 'kamel' flavor was designed to taste like a camel non-filter(at least that's what it tastes like to me) and I smoked camel filters. I do get a tobacco flavor but like a non-filter flavor and I don't like it much. At least the cool-carts kamel are better than my 'wow-vapor' carts.. I can handle those. Even so I am still very happy with my purchase, I still haven't had an opportunity to try all of the samplers I got, I'm sure I'll like some of them 'cause I'm really enjoying the one I'm vapping right now. Thanx for the tip Rudforce, I'll be sure to keep an eye on that. Does anyone know of a good juice or cartos that taste like a Camel wide filter? I'm looking for something smooth, but with a good 'throat hit' and plenty of vapor? It's funny but even if I get the good throat hit and plenty of nicotine, I don't feel quite satisfied unless I blow out a big cloud of vapor afterwards...

FieryOne

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2010
Idaho
Vaping 'smilin special menthol-8' right now with my pass-thru... you know I think the 'kamel' flavor was designed to taste like a camel non-filter(at least that's what it tastes like to me) and I smoked camel filters. I do get a tobacco flavor but like a non-filter flavor and I don't like it much. At least the cool-carts kamel are better than my 'wow-vapor' carts.. I can handle those. Even so I am still very happy with my purchase, I still haven't had an opportunity to try all of the samplers I got, I'm sure I'll like some of them 'cause I'm really enjoying the one I'm vapping right now. Thanx for the tip Rudforce, I'll be sure to keep an eye on that. Does anyone know of a good juice or cartos that taste like a Camel wide filter? I'm looking for something smooth, but with a good 'throat hit' and plenty of vapor? It's funny but even if I get the good throat hit and plenty of nicotine, I don't feel quite satisfied unless I blow out a big cloud of vapor afterwards...

For better vapor, try juices that have some vegetable glycerin or VG in addition to PG. I generally use a 50/50 blend from freedomsmokeusa and get fabulous vapor off my kr808. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread