Hello new to the mod world need help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright so I have been vaping for about a year and a half now and just got into the "mod" world. I attached a picture of what I purchased. Im vaping on Wake and Vape by EpicJuice which is 60/40 VG/PG ratio. Im doing about 6 raps on the wire thing and using regular 100% cotton. I presoaked it made sure the tips go to the opening to get juice and made sure none of the air ways are covered. I also am making sure it dosent get left on and the coil lights up evenly. However my problem is after like 30 min slow vaping it already tastes burnt but the cotton isnt burnt. It is still white and is wet from juice. I am so confused what am i doing wrong.! I need help please.

Attachments

• 20140808_005513.jpg
    20140808_005513.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 42

tayone415

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2013
CA
idk the resistance or ohms i dont have a reader thing.... my wire is 28ga if that helps...the battery im using is a 3.7v 2500mah its the 18650-he2 battery
You really need to get an ohm reader for safety. For your burnt hit I would say it's probably your wicking if it's too tight or too lose through the coils also you want to make sure your cotton is smooth with no lumps or bumps or clumps or hard spots.

SingedVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2014
Valdosta, Georgia, United States
Your problem sounds like a wicking problem. First and foremost let me be clear that for safety reasons you NEED an ohm reader. Without checking the ohms you have no idea what your resistance is, or if you have a short. Just be carefull till you get one.

With that being said it sounds like that the tails on your cotton are no long enough. Go on youtube and look up "grimmgreen kayfun" I used his tutorial to learn how to build one. And when you are rebuilding the kayfun. After you have the first part of the chimney on but not the piece that covers the top of the coil, make sure the wick is completely saturated in juice then put in all back together and refill it.

PinkPanter

Jun 21, 2014
The Netherlands
Can you answer these questions, Christian?
And when did you took this 60/40 VG/PG e-juice? This juice is thick I can tell already but doesnt mean you cant vape it, I vape 85% VG without any problems.

ok, so 6 wraps and 28 AWG.

Is it Kanthal A1?
And what OD you use to wrap your coil with?

Might be your coil is something like 1 ohm.

Nytebreed

ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Boston, MA USA
I have two concerns here, and neither is about burnt taste.

1. Battery, not all batteries are created equal. The MOST IMPORTANT battery stat for a mechanical is one of the two you left out. The amp drain rating. Also knowing the manufacturer would be helpful. For exampe in my mechs I use Sony VTC5 2600mah batteries they are rated at 30amp continuous drain 60 amp pulse. mah is mili-amp hour it is a rating of the capacity of the battery it relates to runtime not safety.

2. No way of measuring resistance. This is unacceptable. Even if your coil is perfect in every way, you have no way of knowing if there is a defect with the deck you are building on causing a short or an arc.

My advise is if you don't have someone local to help, vape shop perhaps, put that thing in a drawer until you have the equipment to be safe.
The last thing this community needs is more bad press due to an indecent that is easily avoidable. Plus I don't want anyone getting hurt.

Alright so im gonna try to awnser all these questions:
Battery:LG 18650-HE2 2500mAh Flat Top
Its a LG
Wire: yes its Kanthol AI 28ga and its about 6 wraps. Idk what OD means
Cotton: Im using 100% cotton and trying to make sure theres no clumps and its smooth
Ohm reader: i was gonna get one but the guy at the shop said it wasnt a big deal... but i ordered one after learning its a sin not to have one so dont worry.

Kaezziel

Supreme Overlord of Everything
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Houston, TX, USA
I have two concerns here, and neither is about burnt taste.

1. Battery, not all batteries are created equal. The MOST IMPORTANT battery stat for a mechanical is one of the two you left out. The amp drain rating. Also knowing the manufacturer would be helpful. For exampe in my mechs I use Sony VTC5 2600mah batteries they are rated at 30amp continuous drain 60 amp pulse. mah is mili-amp hour it is a rating of the capacity of the battery it relates to runtime not safety.

2. No way of measuring resistance. This is unacceptable. Even if your coil is perfect in every way, you have no way of knowing if there is a defect with the deck you are building on causing a short or an arc.

My advise is if you don't have someone local to help, vape shop perhaps, put that thing in a drawer until you have the equipment to be safe.
The last thing this community needs is more bad press due to an indecent that is easily avoidable. Plus I don't want anyone getting hurt.

I agree with ALL of this!!
That being said, at least it looks like you have a good battery! Well done!
The OD is the Outside Diameter of whatever you used to wrap your wire around to form the coil. We're wondering what the Inside Diameter (ID) of the coil is...
Still sounds like a wicking problem though... wicking is the trickiest part of these builds...
The guy who told you not having an ohm meter wasn't a big deal is an idiot! How else are you supposed to know what you are working with?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread