Hello! New to vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vape1048

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2019
Gulf Coast, TX
Hello! I'm Vape1048. I started vaping a few weeks back when a concerned friend helped me get a vape I received from a coworker up and running (I had sense to have it checked out before use, it needed a new coil and battery) to help me quit smoking. Since then I have gotten a new vape (Voopoo drag mini) and sold the other vape to another coworker who used to vape and wanted to start again. Found this forum because I had some questions and wanted to learn more. So once I have more time away from working I will read through here and post some questions I have. Hope to get to know you all!

EddieVapes

Apr 28, 2019
Houston
Welcome, Vape1048! My first vape was a Juul and I quickly upgraded after that (in fact, just a couple of days after I got it). Now I have seven mods, several tanks, and a host of juices and I love them all. Ever since I got my Juul a couple of months ago I haven't even dreamed of touching another cigarette.

What was your first vape? Was it a pod system or a box mod? My first box mod was a Drag 2 and that got me hooked on box mods. Its a good choice if you want to upgrade from the Drag Mini some. Its not a huge difference except for a slightly larger size, slightly heavier weight, and a longer battery life since it uses two 18650s as opposed to an internal battery. Some don't like changing out batteries and having to use an external charger but I prefer the longer battery life. No matter how you go however, Voopoo is still a good choice. They make quality hardware.

Here I go rambling again! I just love helping people out with vaping. :lol: Anyway, welcome to ECF and have fun!

DLKnives

Retired Knifemaker
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 25, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Welcome, you can learn a lot at ECF! I started with a pod device called Que, then bought a Juul and used refillable pods for it but they all leaked and I got tired of it so I bought a Lost Vape Orion DNA Go. Now I am upgrading again, this time to a box mod and tanks, and the great people here suggested what tanks to get. It's a Smoant Charon Mini with Aspire Tigon and Freemax Fireluke tanks. Big step up and I'm excited to get it, and you'll learn enough to upgrade too! This bunch is very experienced and knowledgable.

Vape1048

ECF Veteran
    Apr 30, 2019
    Gulf Coast, TX
    Welcome, Vape1048! My first vape was a Juul and I quickly upgraded after that (in fact, just a couple of days after I got it). Now I have seven mods, several tanks, and a host of juices and I love them all. Ever since I got my Juul a couple of months ago I haven't even dreamed of touching another cigarette.

What was your first vape? Was it a pod system or a box mod? My first box mod was a Drag 2 and that got me hooked on box mods. Its a good choice if you want to upgrade from the Drag Mini some. Its not a huge difference except for a slightly larger size, slightly heavier weight, and a longer battery life since it uses two 18650s as opposed to an internal battery. Some don't like changing out batteries and having to use an external charger but I prefer the longer battery life. No matter how you go however, Voopoo is still a good choice. They make quality hardware.

Here I go rambling again! I just love helping people out with vaping. :lol: Anyway, welcome to ECF and have fun!

Yes I didn't mention did I? How silly of me! The vape I received was a Swag mod with an arctic tank. I knew the coil was burned and it needed a new one (at the least). A friend has a Smok vape and he looked at it and was confused as how to add fluid to it since most nowadays have the sliding top to add it in. I hadn't even thought about it at that time yet. So he took me to his local store so we could see if it was worthy of using or not. They had exactly one coil left for it since it's an older set up. They were nice enough to even check it further and discovered the battery was a bomb waiting to happen since the outer insulation had been ripped in several areas, including off both ends. So, a new battery, and a new coil, totaling $13 had it up and running good as new.

My friend insisted on paying for it, and even bought me some fluid for it, which the shop showed us how to actually pour into the tank. Turns out it had to be inverted, the top screwed off, then the filling holes were slots on the inside wall. They even got it set up for me and had me test it before I left. So, my first ever impression with a vape shop was extremely good. I can't imagine a tobacco company ever having that level of customer service.

Anyway, I used that for about a week and a half and ended up buying my current drag mini from one of my local shops. I've visited 5-6 stores since then since I work in the city, trying out various fluids and whatnot, and have found them all to be of top notch customer service. One shop even gave me a free drip tip since I accidentally broke mine while working. All in all, I'm blown away by the level of helpfulness of the community.

Sorry that went on a bit long, but I wanted to say some kind words about the folks I have run into on my journey of becoming a (newbie) vaper.

EddieVapes

Apr 28, 2019
    Houston
    Yes I didn't mention did I? How silly of me! The vape I received was a Swag mod with an arctic tank. I knew the coil was burned and it needed a new one (at the least). A friend has a Smok vape and he looked at it and was confused as how to add fluid to it since most nowadays have the sliding top to add it in. I hadn't even thought about it at that time yet. So he took me to his local store so we could see if it was worthy of using or not. They had exactly one coil left for it since it's an older set up. They were nice enough to even check it further and discovered the battery was a bomb waiting to happen since the outer insulation had been ripped in several areas, including off both ends. So, a new battery, and a new coil, totaling $13 had it up and running good as new.

My friend insisted on paying for it, and even bought me some fluid for it, which the shop showed us how to actually pour into the tank. Turns out it had to be inverted, the top screwed off, then the filling holes were slots on the inside wall. They even got it set up for me and had me test it before I left. So, my first ever impression with a vape shop was extremely good. I can't imagine a tobacco company ever having that level of customer service.

Anyway, I used that for about a week and a half and ended up buying my current drag mini from one of my local shops. I've visited 5-6 stores since then since I work in the city, trying out various fluids and whatnot, and have found them all to be of top notch customer service. One shop even gave me a free drip tip since I accidentally broke mine while working. All in all, I'm blown away by the level of helpfulness of the community.

Sorry that went on a bit long, but I wanted to say some kind words about the folks I have run into on my journey of becoming a (newbie) vaper.
    That's one of the good things about the vaping community: there are a ton of friendly and helpful people. My local shop I go to will help out people new to vaping and will even do small repairs if needed. In fact, my experience has been so good there that I end up there three or four times a week due to the guy working there and I becoming friends.

Since you mentioned juices, keep to vape shops, either brick-and-mortar or online, for your juices. Some tobacco shops sell juices but they are usually very cheap and poor quality. Its like the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for". Some of my favorite juices are Iced Pink Punch, Tropical Pucker Punch, Pink Punch Lemonade, and Peach Blossom Lemonade, all of them by Twist. Also Miso Juicy by Five Star Juice and Perma Frost by Boss Hog, a line of juices only available from my local vape shop Vape City for the time being but its also available on their website. Hard Menthol is a great menthol yet very strong. Its good as a mixer to make a non-menthol juice into a menthol one.

Finally, be observant of battery safety. I always check out my batteries when I charge them and treat them with care. If I see the insulation tearing or other kinds of damage I discard it and get a replacement. Make sure you have plenty of batteries on-hand in case. I myself have fourteen and I only use two at a time. I know, its overkill. I used to by new batteries with every mod until I stepped back and realized just how many I have. :lol:

Anyway, have fun and welcome to vaping!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Hello! I'm Vape1048. I started vaping a few weeks back when a concerned friend helped me get a vape I received from a coworker up and running (I had sense to have it checked out before use, it needed a new coil and battery) to help me quit smoking. Since then I have gotten a new vape (Voopoo drag mini) and sold the other vape to another coworker who used to vape and wanted to start again. Found this forum because I had some questions and wanted to learn more. So once I have more time away from working I will read through here and post some questions I have. Hope to get to know you all!

Welcome to ECF and congratulations on quitting smoking!

Anytime your ready and anywhere you like just jump in and ask away!

Reactions: EddieVapes

Vape1048

ECF Veteran
    Apr 30, 2019
    Gulf Coast, TX
    Thanks for the welcomes, kind words and article links! Will definitely look through those when I have a chance.

I think I have done pretty well so far in learning about vaping. I actually got an upgraded tank assembly today- a Freemax mesh falcon with a dual coil atomizer. Super impressed with it over the factory tank coils! I also learned the beauty of using the TC mode rather than power/wattage mode and have been experimenting with that today. I'm really liking the consistency and control of TC mode; am hoping it makes my coils last longer as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread