Hello new user from Medford, Oregon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kellyktj

Mar 12, 2018
Hi all! I'm Kelly I am new here and I currently use an Innokin SD20 & an Aspire Pockex. Just recently got the Pockex & I am in love with it. I finally understand a little bit about sub ohm vaping & am looking to get a box mod sub ohm device so any suggestions will be helpful.

I kind of want one with a built in battery that goes up to maybe 80 watts? Maybe thats too high after only 18-23 watts on the pockex? Well see I'm still a little confused but i still really need help finding a good mod!

Anyway my name is Kelly I live in Medford OR. Recently moved here from Los Angeles, Ca. I love it here in Oregon. My little dog Lola & I are staying with my sweet Mom while i find a house for the 2 of us. Hello :)

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
Hi Kelly. Welcome to the forums.

Asking for a box mod, is like a pandora's box of itself.. everyone will have something different to say.

There are plenty of mods out there. Don't necessarily stop yourself at an 80W limit... just because it can go that high, doesn't mean you have to. I have 200W mods, but I rarely go above 40.

Once you go past something like the Pockex, you'll come with something that is more customizable. mods like yours are designed to be easy to use, and require no knowledge or settings. if you're willing to learn, you'll get a more satisfying vape, and you'll be opened up to a wide variety of options. If you don't wish to learn, then what you're using is fine. There are still plenty of options for you.

If I had to recommend something that has a built in battery, I'd suggest the Vapresso Revenger. They have a mini which has a wattage range around 85, but they also have a 200W which is larger, and should provide a longer battery life. Here's one review.

There are much more options out there. See what everyone else recommends.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi and welcome to ECF. I don't use built in battery mods that much, but the advice you are getting is correct, you may do better with a two battery removable box mod for sub0hmn vaping. If you are using lower wattage, the worst thing that will happen is that you will get great battery life, I own several two battery mod setups even though I vape at low wattages. There are benefits to not pushing a mod and its battery to near its higher limit, it can stress the mod, the battery and etc., while having extra "headroom" in a mod will really only imporve battery and mod life, although yes, it does require the purchase of batteries and a charger, but a good mod will outlast the battery's useful life, usually.

Some possibilities I would recommend would be the Eleaf Invoke (one of the smallest and lightest two battery mods out there, withotu sacrificing build quality, it's pretty tough, I've dropped mine a few times with no harm). It has a really great handfeel and more like a single battery mod. If you want a single battery mod, there are plenty of good ones out there too although I don't tend to use quite as many of them, but you do have a lot of options. Since I am not so familiar with internal battery mods (although I think Innoken makes some good ones, I believe) I will leave that for others.

Best of luck and welcome. Congrats on switching to vaping, that's fantastic.

Anna

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I would like to welcome you to ECF, too. :thumbs:

I think you will find that most of us veteran vapers prefer using external batteries instead of internal batteries, for several reasons:

1. All batteries have an expected life expectancy, called the "duty cycle". This is usually about 250 - 350 charge cycles, which at that point the battery begins to have difficulty holding a charge. What that means with an internal battery mod is you'll soon end up having to buy a new mod as you can't replace the aging internal battery. It becomes useful only as a paperweight.
  2. With a mod that uses external batteries, instead of buying a new mod, you just buy more external batteries ($5 -7 each) and keep using your old mod. Cheaper in the long run. You do have to invest in an external charging box ($20 - 30) but it is a wise investment over the long term.
  3. Internal batteries are LiPo chemistry; not a safer battery chemistry. When LiPo batteries fail, they can fail quite dramatically with flames or explosions. External batteries are INR chemistry; a safer chemistry. Usually only vent hot gas when they fail.
  4. The weak spot with any internal battery mod is the USB port and internal charger. Repetitive use of the USB port to charge batteries can cause wear and tear. The USB port is better used sparingly to download new firmware for the regulator chip.

I have three regulated mods.
A single battery 75W mod (JAC Vapour DNA75W)
A dual battery 200W mod (Segelei Fuschai 213 Plus)
A triple battery 200W mod (RX200)
I use the same Samsung 18650-30Q batteries at 30 watts in all three mods. I get a full day's use in all three mods. So the notion that you'll always get longer battery use with a dual or triple battery mod isn't always the case. The regulator chips in regulated mods can vary greatly in how battery efficient they are.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I kind of want one with a built in battery that goes up to maybe 80 watts? Maybe thats too high after only 18-23 watts on the pockex? Well see I'm still a little confused but i still really need help finding a good mod!
Welcome and glad you joined.
By using an internal battery, you could save money by not having to purchase:
back up pair of batteries, carrying case, volt meter(s), wraps, chargers* (backup), battery Do's and Don'ts (Much higher learning curve not to mention the batteries themselves).
*It's a good idea to have more than one charger, and to rotate a group of multiple batteries.
If you vape heavily, might consider two internal battery mods, one to charge while vaping the other (I also like the idea of a back up internal battery mod in case of loss or damage).
I'm still a little confused :
Might like to read the following:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...re-and-lower-resistance.706656/#post-16692106

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

medleypat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2016
Frankfort Indiana
Innokin has some internal battery mods and they have a pretty good rep. I use both internal and external and I see the value in both not really worried about how long they last figure I paid about 40 for each and if they last a year I'm happy with that that is less then 4 packs of cigs so its all good

Reactions: stols001

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
If I had to recommend something that has a built in battery, I'd suggest the Vapresso Revenger. They have a mini which has a wattage range around 85, but they also have a 200W which is larger, and should provide a longer battery life. Here's one review.

I just want to note that the 200W Vaporesso Revenger uses external batteries, not internal batteries. The Tarot Mini uses an internal battery though - you're correct on that! Both are great mods! My main go to is the Vaporesso Revenger right now, and I can vouch that it is a solid build.

Welcome to ECF!

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I just want to note that the 200W Vaporesso Revenger uses external batteries, not internal batteries. The Tarot Mini uses an internal battery though - you're correct on that! Both are great mods! My main go to is the Vaporesso Revenger right now, and I can vouch that it is a solid build.

Welcome to ECF!

Yea, I was getting conflicting numbers when I did the research. However, there seems to be a lot of positive reviews on both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread