Hello new vapers! (Myself being one) BASIC TIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

LikelySplash710

Sep 28, 2017
Hey everyone I was just going over my third build and have been really enjoying it. Ok, some basics that I have learned for those who are looking for a place to start building RDA:
Don't buy your materials at the store.... Amazon has all your tools and so do some great sites. I've been trolling the life out of vaporbeast currently.
Do not ask what you need to buy know what you need to buy. Research!
I was given 22ga kanthal at the store. Which is great. It's also a guzzler and personally I want to build more and play around more until I find a suitable vape for myself. I have been recommend to go with 26ga for this instead.
First RDA I got the sigelei S and it's great it has 3 posts. I have also heard the tugboat is a great starter as well! (Will be purchasing one soon) start basic two or three posts.
coils, start with a single or dual build you feel comfortable with. Takes a couple tries but don't be discouraged. I do 6-8 wraps of the 22ga kanthal for my dual vertical build and I'm diggin it. I've been advised around 6 wraps for some solid clouds at about 60w.
Grab a regulated mod to read your coil and it will not fire if your resistance is too low. My first two mods I though were neat and portable but I have been glued to my sigelei 213 for a year now. I have also been recommended the smok x mod and 3 battery relaux.
That's most of what I have to share for now but I will be updating soon with my next build!
Thanks for reading! All input appreciated!

Attachments

• 1506635595883-486297919.jpg
    1506635595883-486297919.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
Reactions: Oliver

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I have also been recommended the smok x mod and 3 battery relaux.

Hi! I wanted to like your post but couldn't find the way to do it in the new format.

I've highlighted your post just to make sure what you are thinking about getting. I'm not going into details, but anything made before this year by Smok with a 'X' in the name is best avoided. Please, just take this as the way it is.
Mods have become more reliable as the years go by. This isn't just a dig at Smok b.t.w. It would apply to various 'tragic' mods by Joyetech, Sigelei, IPV, Smok and others.
If you could see the many broken ones in trash cans at Vape conventions, you'd understand. Some lasted, some didn't. Be careful. Many old reviews are old and were never unbiased in the first place.
Ignore anything reviewed more than 18-24 months ago, basically.

LikelySplash710

Sep 28, 2017
Hi! I wanted to like your post but couldn't find the way to do it in the new format.

I've highlighted your post just to make sure what you are thinking about getting. I'm not going into details, but anything made before this year by Smok with a 'X' in the name is best avoided. Please, just take this as the way it is.
Mods have become more reliable as the years go by. This isn't just a dig at Smok b.t.w. It would apply to various 'tragic' mods by Joyetech, Sigelei, IPV, Smok and others.
If you could see the many broken ones in trash cans at Vape conventions, you'd understand. Some lasted, some didn't. Be careful. Many old reviews are old and were never unbiased in the first place.
Ignore anything reviewed more than 18-24 months ago, basically.
Also I was going to trade some dude off CL for an older smok x mod today. Bad idea?

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm not sure I'd be trading any gear off craigslist, honestly. First, you don't know how the mod has been treated, second, it's not really a place where you have much recourse if something goes wrong. I know that's true of other sites, but I don't love the idea of blindly handing over a wad of cash or *whatever* really, without some buyer's protections. My son loved CL and used it all the time, but he did run into the occasional troubles, from time to time. Even on Ebay, you have more protections, if you use paypal, or whatever.

If you really want a smok mod, I'd buy something newer, where you at least know they've dealt with some of their QC issues, or it's a good mod "run." Smok seems to be getting back on track with its mods, and unless there's something about the smok X mod you are dying to have.... You may do better with something brand new (so you have warranty protection) they aren't exactly expensive mods to start out with, given the features you can get....

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread