Hello! Newbie here and I'm looking for some advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riddle Lo

Apr 25, 2009
Hello everyone my name is Raymond or Ray or Riddle Lo (doesnt matter). I am from Detroit, Michigan. Been smoking for 8 years now. And I am for sure on a quest to stop smoking ASAP! I am here to also gather information on what my best options are. I am serisously trying to avoid spending a lot of money. So if you guys have any ideas or recommendations please post them. I don't know what the price for a pack of smokes is (preferably Camel Crushes -OR- Newport 100s) but they are $6.33 here and i can not afford that! lol I smoke about 2 packs a day...I know that seems like alot and i am regretting even making the choice of starting but that is all the more reason to stop so if you could help me out that would be pretty cool. I have really been looking into the electornic cigarette. But I know that you all have notice there are a crap load of retailers out there and I would like some advice on what you think is the best to purchase. If you could provide some pros and cons and the price. ....I hope to stop smoking by the end of May or sooner! :D ......well...yea if you got any ideas leave them here thanks!

virraszto

Apr 22, 2009
SE Michigan
Hey...from one Michiganian to another! I just bought the Classic Pen style (model RN4072) from e-smokeytreats . It comes with two atomizers and two batteries, plus the charger and cartridges. That was great, for $69 bucks. I ordered on Monday and it got here today. I think most places don't give two atomizers.
Wayyyy back in the day I used to smoke newport, then I switched to basic menthol lights. I'm trying out different e-liquids to get that menthol taste.

I smoke about 2 packs a day also. Today is my first day and the 36 mg menthol I bought was wayyy to strong for me, so I'm going to buy a lower mg.

Good luck to you.

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
I've spent more money than I care to admit buying different e-cigs and my two favorites are the 501 model and the KR-808D-1. The KR goes under different names from different vendors (Vapor King, Nebula, DPV9, PR110) and it's hard to get right now. But the 501, which also comes under different names (Titan, JOYE510, Yeti, DURA-C) is easier to find and available now.

I recommend you spend as much time as you can reading these forums as you'll learn a lot and it will save you money because you'll be able to make an informed decision. But we all have our own opinions on what is the best e-cig and there is no one clear winner.

Welcome to Vaping, it's a decision you won't regret !

Riddle Lo

Apr 25, 2009
Hey guys thanks for the reply! :D

@virraszto - lol! YAY! another peep from MI. Now I know that I'm not alone in this lil journey of mine! :D pheww! I wish the best for ya too! thanks

Wow! I will admit to this.....I did not even think that this forum was going to be very active at all!! Very pleased. Thank you all for all of the advice!

Just wondering....I was looking through the forums the other night I noticed that there are very large amount of people that are purchasing online but is there somewhere (other than online) that I can get an electronic cigarette? like...a store? is that even possible?

Also..what are you typing into the search engines to find information for these? Everything that I tried just keeps giving me like 1-4 results and nothing real.....its as tho there is no information about them on the net so....what are you guys typing in to find information?

I am going to keep browsing this forum and learn all I can before I make a purchase...I literally have no money so .....I'm trying to make the best decision.

Again thanks everyone!:)

Riddle Lo

P.S
(this is going to be akward but...is there any Juggalo's in this forum?)
If you don't know what that is please don't ask.

Juggalo? Really? J/K, There was a time in my life where Driving down the road listening to Beverly Kills was a common thing.

Anyways back on point, I just started Vaping myself, as in today. I got a starter set of the Supermini @ Vapor guys, it's a real nice VP. The started set was like $60.00 with shipping. It comes with enough equipment to keep you going as long as you ordered more then the small vile of ejuice that it comes with. The Supermini is just about the size of an actual cigarette so it really helps with routine.

Most sites are nice that they use Paypal as a default. FYI, most if not all sites have a promo code that gives you a discount. I know alot of them use "LEAFORD".

Later,

RsL

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2009
Minneapolis
Hey guys thanks for the reply! :D

@virraszto - lol! YAY! another peep from MI. Now I know that I'm not alone in this lil journey of mine! :D pheww! I wish the best for ya too! thanks

Wow! I will admit to this.....I did not even think that this forum was going to be very active at all!! Very pleased. Thank you all for all of the advice!

Just wondering....I was looking through the forums the other night I noticed that there are very large amount of people that are purchasing online but is there somewhere (other than online) that I can get an electronic cigarette? like...a store? is that even possible?

Also..what are you typing into the search engines to find information for these? Everything that I tried just keeps giving me like 1-4 results and nothing real.....its as tho there is no information about them on the net so....what are you guys typing in to find information?

I am going to keep browsing this forum and learn all I can before I make a purchase...I literally have no money so .....I'm trying to make the best decision.

Again thanks everyone!:)

Riddle Lo

P.S

Yes, there are places like gas stations, smoke shops, and even bars that are starting to sell e-cigs. It all depends on where you live, but I wouldn't buy any of them. You can get a better deal, a better e-cig, and better service if you buy online.

As to your Google search question, as long as you are on this forum there is really no other place you need to go to do your research. There are links to a lot of supplier forums and simply more info about e-cigs here than you'll find anywhere else....

dumwaldo

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2009
New York
Buying equipment in a brick and mortar location will always cost more. There is more overhead involved in operating a store so the must charge more.

The cheapest prices will come direct from chinese distributors such as ruyandirect.com or eastmall.net but it will take longer for your order to get to you.
P.S
Juggalo's? Wouldnt you rather find juggalettes? :p

BTW
I am no juggalo, but I am down for the crown.

DW

shihab

Mar 2, 2009
Egypt
Dumwaldo,

They're definitely cheaper form china. I got them from eastmall.net, but only because in a way, I had no other choice but to take the chinese route.

Riddle Lo,

I suggest going to the suppliers list on the forum, and basically checking each website's prices. It might take half an hour or so, but I think you'll be impressed on some of the deals you can find.

Riddle Lo

Apr 25, 2009
Dumwaldo,

They're definitely cheaper form china. I got them from eastmall.net, but only because in a way, I had no other choice but to take the chinese route.

Riddle Lo,

I suggest going to the suppliers list on the forum, and basically checking each website's prices. It might take half an hour or so, but I think you'll be impressed on some of the deals you can find.

Hey everyone I'm sorry lol but i forgot that i was even a member from here i just remembered when i had found it in my bookmarks lol I have still yet to find a "CHEAP" e-cig. But however i did find one at green smoke . com they arent really cheap...sadly but i really didnt have a choice lol anywho thank you all for your replies :) I'm sorry for not replying before. haha

has anyone had any troubles with smoking indoors of restruants? this sounds weird but...I got kicked out of the local "lil chef" because I was smoking...just wonderin what you guys do about this ....i felt really stupid when i got kicked out..i tried to tell them it wasnt a real cig but...w.e anywho what do you guys do? or say?

thanks! :)

Riddle Lo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread