Hello There, Just a Couple Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerishna

Oct 29, 2013
Farmerville
Hello,
I have been smoking since I was a teenager, and I think I finally want to make the move over to e-cigs. I have done some research, and I don't really understand any of it. I thought that maybe, if I told ya'll what I smoke now, ya'll could suggest the best e-cig and battery/cartridge/something called a drip or whatever that I should get. I currently smoke around a half a pack - a pack a day of Kool Menthol 100s. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kerishna:blink:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
An ecig consists of a battery to supply power to a juice attachment which contains both the juice and an heating coil to turn the liquid into vapor.

There are three levels of e-cigs: cigalikes, ego-class batteries, and mods (advanced personal vaporizers). The higher up the chain you go, the better the vaping experience.

Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder from Ecigs to Ego's and Mods

Good Starter Setup for Beginning Vapor

Is it a carto, a tank, or what? Juice Attachments

Last edited:

JayEatsAirplane

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Chicago, Illinois
First bit of advice- Don't go searching for something that tastes exactly the same as your current analog. You won't find it. The rest is really a matter of opinion.
Secondly, no matter what you end up getting, 2 batteries and multiple tanks/cartos/clearo's etc are a must. You don't want downtime with your battery and risk going back to smoking.

MY personal suggestions-
Evod starter kit. Includes 2 Evod clearomizers, 2 batteries, charger and 5 pack of coil heads.
Extra Ego spinner style battery, larger size than evod batteries. (1000mah or so)
MiniProtank 2 (Fit's nicely on the ego batteries compared to the full size ProTank) Uses same coil heads as the evod, which is convenient. Plus, it's a glass clearo so it'll handle all juices without cracking or getting cloudy and is easily taken apart and cleaned thouroughly.

Your choice of liquids.

Congrats on making the switch and welcome to ECF!

Heronimus

Apr 23, 2013
Norway
Hi
Try something easy and relatively cheap for starters.
My suggestion is:

Aspire EGO BDC Cartomizer

Revolver Kit

And some e-liquid:

E-Liquid

Enjoy!:vapor:

Hello,
I have been smoking since I was a teenager, and I think I finally want to make the move over to e-cigs. I have done some research, and I don't really understand any of it. I thought that maybe, if I told ya'll what I smoke now, ya'll could suggest the best e-cig and battery/cartridge/something called a drip or whatever that I should get. I currently smoke around a half a pack - a pack a day of Kool Menthol 100s. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kerishna:blink:

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
First bit of advice- Don't go searching for something that tastes exactly the same as your current analog. You won't find it. The rest is really a matter of opinion.
Agreed. Don't chase the flavor of burning leaves and paper. Just look for flavor(s) you enjoy. You'll be happier in the long run, and burning leaves & paper will taste awful soon enough. :thumb:

Secondly, no matter what you end up getting, 2 batteries and multiple tanks/cartos/clearo's etc are a must. You don't want downtime with your battery and risk going back to smoking.
Yes. There's a saying here: Backup your backups. Not only must you contend with the times your battery is charging, there's also a chance something will get lost or broken.

Since you're into menthol and may also enjoy flavors such as cinnamon, I would recommend glass clearomizers instead of plastic. Some juice flavors such as cinnamon, wintergreen, clove, and citrus can melt or crack plastic tanks. This is a great starter kit with Mini Protanks, which are glass:
Kanger Mini Protank 2 Starter Kit -VV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread