Hello! This is my 11th Caliburn made by Uwell this is the 1st unsolvable issue 11th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielle BlueBot

Jul 17, 2020
After smoking Marlboro red 100’s - I luckily found the Caliburn uwell. I have been able to completely stop smoking after 30 years!

I introduced myself to the Caliburn after being ripped off by a different vape store initially after being sold a super expensive gigantic tanked vape that produced extremely large clouds; it truly served no purpose for me since the vape juice had a very low nicotine amount within it. The ONLY reason I need a vape was to quit smoking cigarettes and sustain my ability to stop the disgusting cigarette habit. I would rather not as an adult develop a NEW habit of watching clouds of smoke move in and out of my body regardless of how the smoke makes me feel. (Real Talk / No joke!)

The younger generations may need a smaller amount of nicotine. As they do truly enjoy watching smoke flow from their facial orifaces; I on the other hand would suffice having a clear smoke cloud (if I could find one!) as long as it nips the craving my body has for the nicotine all day long.
I am all good. (If anyone has ever peeled at Philip Morris’s stocks on the NYSE they should know just how RICH all of us smoker did at one point in time of our lives make those people!) The thought alone makes me vomit in my mouth!

I do apologize for the long introduction.

Upon purchasing my 14th Caliburn by uwell. I have become the un-proud owner of a faulty Caliburn. This ruins my great streak with this product; despite having hope - I am highly and noticeably perturbed! As it has been almost 1.5 years since I bought my first one!
As I removed it from the charger this morning the small metal OVAL shaped piece that protects and surrounds the gold metal charging grid came out with the tip of the charger that originally came with the device. Luckily I noticed it immediately. Unluckily I did not save the receipt nor desire to try an file for any type of warranty work... more than anything I simply desire this little amazing vape to magically work!
From searching a couple times on google - I do not notice very many posts in regards to this issue!

If you or any one you know - happens to know what I should do - get at me!

I would like to slide it straight back in to the area with possibly a smidgen of gorilla glue on the tip & be done with it! Not sure if this is possible - possibly guidance would be helpful! Maybe I should take it apart? I do not have an old graveyard of ‘old’ Caliburns whereas if I did I may be able to use the older ones as pieces to correct this.. I might have a couple of the older ones that kicked the bucket otherwise they were stolen, lost or (?)
Hit me up if any one has any ideas! Thank you in advance!

• Informative
Reactions: Coyote628

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
Congratulations on ditching the Marlboro's, and welcome to ECF! I'm sorry your arrival was occasioned by that bane of all vapers, device failure.

If I'm understanding you correctly, I think you can just slide the piece in or maybe even glue it. However, the 'if' is the problem. Could you post a picture to confirm? There are some places on a vape that you really don't want to contaminate with glue, so it's best to be certain before you try it.

Bad advice from a shop is a common experience. Many of them just try to sell their most popular device without confirming that it's what a person is really looking for - or without even understanding the options themselves. I'm glad you were able to find something that suited you.

For what it's worth, the low nicotine in cloud chuckers actually does make sense. There are three styles of vaping at the moment - Direct Lung (DL), which produces the clouds, Mouth-to-Lung (MTL), which is a sort of in between option, and pods, where you've found your fit. DL vaping runs through an awful lot of juice, so it has to be lower nicotine or you'll get more than you want. MTL goes through juice slower so people usually use somewhat higher nicotine concentrations, and pods use only the tiniest bit of juice per puff so they have the really high concentrations. In the end, you generally get about the same amount of nicotine from any of the three. It's just a question of how much juice you go through to get there.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
Hello @Danielle BlueBot, could you post a picture please. We will be better able to give you advice then.

But I have to agree with @Hawise, most shops seem to want to sell you anything just to make up sales. They don't seeem to take the time to find out what you may need and then give you options accordingly.

As I think if more operated that way they would get more custom from liquid sales, other consumables and also from other customers being refered to them by existing customers.

Reactions: Katya

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Luckily I noticed it immediately. Unluckily I did not save the receipt nor desire to try an file for any type of warranty work... more than anything I simply desire this little amazing vape to magically work!

Did you buy it online? Recently? They have a record. If from a B&M store, maybe they remember you and will be willing to replace it?

• Agree
Reactions: Mordacai
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread