Hello to everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard Brooks

Aug 4, 2018
Hello to everyone
My name is Richard Brooks and lucky to have found this site.
I have trying to figure out what going on with my smok al85.
I thought it was all of a sudden bricked, no nothing.
But then I plugged in the charging cable and it came alive.
Fresh battery and it thinks that the battery is low and charging icon goes up and down like its trying to charge.
Unit will not operate with battery alone, wont come alive.
Has anyone had experience like this ?
Any and all ideas accepted.
Thanks All
Richard

Reactions: stols001

ExtremeDooty

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2017
Michigan
What kind of battery and where did you get it? Do you have another mod or a friend with a mod that you try your battery in? Do you have a second battery to try? How do you know your fresh battery was fully charged, did you charge it with a battery charger? Did you get the mod from a Vape shop or do you have a local vape shop to take it to for testing? I don't mean to give you the third degree, but you asked.
BTW Welcome aboard.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I have trying to figure out what going on with my Smok al85.
Welcome and glad you joined.
Your problem could be caused by many different reasons. Could contact:
Local B&M Vape Shop (Visit)/someone who knows what their doing -----Might be simple.
If still under warranty, contacting:
Vendor who sold it ---see if they will repair or replace or advise (any authorized distributor).
Manufacturer contact ---see if they will repair or replace or advise.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF. Your unit may or may not be toast. You've gotten some good suggestions but if this is your only mod, it's going to be hard to know whether it's the mod, the battery, or both somehow.

Cleaning battery contacts may certainly help. Alternately it could be your board. The problem sounded like it developed sort of intermittently though and unfortunately MANY of those types of problems (not all of them) can be caused by a board slowly dying. I would take it to a vape shop if there is a competent one near you, and see if they can try your battery in some other mods, and other batteries in your mod, to sort of isolate the problem.

The bad news is, if it's the board, it's not worth repairing even if that might be possible unless there is one loose component somewhere that a competent electronics expert can easily fix (that may or may not be the case at your vape shop). But, the good news is there are far better setups out there for similar price points nowadays, so I'd invite you to look around the forum and some of the approved ECF suppliers to see what's around. You may want to move to a two battery mod, for example.

Finally, some battery knowledge (you don't have to read it all at once) about why you need to buy authentic batteries from verified known suppliers, why you shouldn't charge via USB, you should have a dedicated charger and battery safety etc. And yes, it can be a bit more expensive but so is plastic surgery to your face, and etc.
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/baditudes-blogs.7609/

Welcome,

Anna

Reactions: ExtremeDooty
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread