Hello You Lovely Folk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
Well here it is, two and a bit months into vape land. I travelled from here in Australia to visit my mother in the UK who had a major stroke mid year.
Emotionally wired and a pack a day Manitou cig smoker. I had relapsed for two and a bit years after 7 years smoke free and this time will power eluded me. Given my stepfather was an 80 a day guy and he also had a stroke the previous year I could not let them see me puffing away and found myself hiding behind the garage at the house in the UK with toothpaste on hand and feeling really ridiculous.
I saw these vaping shops everywhere and was too intimidated to go in with not much understanding of what vaping really was.Kept hiding behind garage then one day bought an Aspire Breeze and some tobacco flavoured juice. In the same day I spotted a cute red Innokin Coolfire and bought it two days later whilst still smoking those Manitous and vaping in between. Mum had to go to hospital and I with her. Only the vape was in my bag. I picked up a Manitou after two days took two puffs, recoiled in disgust and that was that,no more.
I bought a Sigelli 66 and two Vapresso Tarot Nano's. The Tarot was so consistent and easy that it helped me lots and having two on rotation in my bag helped know I was not without my nicotine fix. In three weeks I had dropped from 16mg Nic to 3ml juices and remain there.
I was given a Resin Smok Majesty but personal aesthetic choice eventually led me to really love Dotmod Dotbox's of which I have four, two 200w and two 75w for out and about.
The best thing I did was walking into a brick & mortar store and being lucky enough to find great friendly helpful staff who knew their stuff! On my own with google I was instantly going to buy an unregulated Kennedy set up because it was pretty. I knew nothing about safety etc. So I now have all the bits and pieces to build coils and some RTA's waiting for courage.
Sometimes I get stressed and go to the place where I used to keep those analogues but despite being surrounded by smokers at Christmas, I love my vape and am not tempted yet.
Coming back home to familiar smoking ground was the tricky bit but I simply took my vape to those spots and pondered how much more lovely iced mango was than those old stinkies.
For Christmas I passed all my old mods onto people who showed interest in switching to vaping, it felt good:) So I guess hello, thats me.

Last edited:

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    giphy.gif

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    Hello and welcome. Quite the intro. I am so glad you found ecf and decided to join. The support and info here are unmatched anywhere. And the members are the best you will ever get to know. Take a look around. Relax and have fun. Congrats on making the switch to ecigs. Best gift you could ever give yourself.

:)

Thank you for being so welcoming! Thanks for Mama wishes Catherine. She has hope and family and thats a lot despite all the rest:).
    Looking forward to reading peoples vape adventures and picking up some veteran vape tips.
    Bit slow with anything tech and even Scottish roll wicking this morning, mmm, was more like the over stuffed really bad frozen sausages rolls with wonky edges. First RTA feels like the fallout of a volcano has exploded on tongue. Of course, I like to blame the hardware not the human,(so long as that is me that is). This could also be an excuse for more compulsive RTA shopping of course. On the plus side, have saved a fortune on shampoo as I now smell like a mango which appears to be socially quite acceptable, wonder if smelling like a donut goes down well at the local supermarket. Mmm

Always find red lipstick and wide eyed dismay works on speeding(not that I do of course). Wonder if that works regardless of gender;) Maybe add donuts and could get away with some burn outs at traffic lights?
    On a serious note, its an authentic Reload RTA and found the forum where the lovely folk are being super helpful. Love this forum!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    • Useful
    Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread