Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

SippinSangria

Dec 21, 2017
New here, just wanted to say hello. Yesterday was officially my 3rd month of being smoke free, thanks to vaping. I started at 12mg, cut to 6mg after 30 days, and cut to 3mg after 30 more. Getting ready to cut to 1.5mg on New year's day. For me, switching to vaping was so easy. Sure, it took a few days to get the hang of it. And in the first two months, I'd get a few cig cravings. But it's been about a month that I haven't had a single craving. Oddly, I find myself repulsed by the smell of smoke now. I'm a bit apprehensive in my next step of nic lowering, but I'll give it a shot. I've made it this far, right? This forum has been a wealth of information in helping me on my journey, thank you for that! Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, cheers!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF SippinSangria. Congrats on 3 months vape free, that's fantastic. Welcome to ECF and hope you enjoy participating!

If you are feeling apprehensive about your next drop, I'd say not to worry too much. If it's really uncomfortable you could either step back up, or do a smaller jump from 3 to 2. Sometimes people will slow down the reductions when they get to much lower nicotine. But with that said, you may do just fine, so plan ahead and make a decision about what you will do if you are having trouble, but you may well have none at all. I find the amount of nicotine I ingest varies somewhat from day to day and depending on what I'm doing, and mostly I feel no discomfort whatsoever.

All the best to you and congrats on getting this far :)

Anna

SippinSangria

Dec 21, 2017
Welcome to ECF SippinSangria. Congrats on 3 months vape free, that's fantastic. Welcome to ECF and hope you enjoy participating!

If you are feeling apprehensive about your next drop, I'd say not to worry too much. If it's really uncomfortable you could either step back up, or do a smaller jump from 3 to 2. Sometimes people will slow down the reductions when they get to much lower nicotine. But with that said, you may do just fine, so plan ahead and make a decision about what you will do if you are having trouble, but you may well have none at all. I find the amount of nicotine I ingest varies somewhat from day to day and depending on what I'm doing, and mostly I feel no discomfort whatsoever.

All the best to you and congrats on getting this far :)

Anna
Thanks for the great advice! I will try mixing it down to 2 like you mentioned if the 1.5 doesn't cut it. Hopefully it goes better than the 12 to 6 drop. That was a tough one for some reason, but I made it through without committing a single felony...haha! Thanks again ❤️

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
New here, just wanted to say hello. Yesterday was officially my 3rd month of being smoke free, thanks to vaping. I started at 12mg, cut to 6mg after 30 days, and cut to 3mg after 30 more. Getting ready to cut to 1.5mg on New year's day. For me, switching to vaping was so easy. Sure, it took a few days to get the hang of it. And in the first two months, I'd get a few cig cravings. But it's been about a month that I haven't had a single craving. Oddly, I find myself repulsed by the smell of smoke now. I'm a bit apprehensive in my next step of nic lowering, but I'll give it a shot. I've made it this far, right? This forum has been a wealth of information in helping me on my journey, thank you for that! Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season, cheers!

Congratulations!!

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Oddly, I find myself repulsed by the smell of smoke now. I'm a bit apprehensive in my next step of nic lowering, but I'll give it a shot.
Welcome and glad you joined.
I have had a similar experience when it comes to tolerating smoking and cutting back nic. I DIY my own e-liquid and became discouraged by the bother to add nic that now I'm at zero. Some off the shelf e-liquids can be smooth and some harsh, now I have eliminated that problem.
Might like to read:
Vaping with nicotine vs. nicotine free. Does this alter our vaping habits?
Nicotine Strengths In Refill Liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread