Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RubberSoul

Nov 4, 2011
NY State
I have been lurking around these forums for a year or so but finally decided to post. Insert back story:

Smoker for the past 10 years. For the past two years I have been vaping on and off. First experience was an njoy kit I picked up from 711. I hate to say it but it really did not make me want to use electronic cigarettes at all. Short battery life, cartos only lasted for a little while and if you vaped all the juice from the pre filled carto you would get a burnt taste. I shrugged this experience off and went back to smoking analogs for a while.

Second introduction to vaping was when a bunch of co-workers bought ego's from the local shop. I was thoroughly impressed by the vaper production and the comments they made. For some unknown reason I decided I would rather buy an e cig online as opposed to the flea market where this local shop originated from. I settled on the Halo G6 and bought the starter kit. I enjoyed vaping the pre filled cartos that came with the kit but I wasn't sold on them. Something about cartos has always seemed unpure to me when it comes to flavor. I went through my whole starter kit and while it wasn't a bad experience I felt that I needed more.

Enter the eGo. I finally broke down and went to the local shop after they had moved from the flea market to their own place. I picked up a starter kit which included an ego battery, type b atty and tank and some e juice that came along. I was thoroughly impressed however I had some issues with the tank leaking and at this point I was all set to stop stop smoking analogs and put 100% into vaping. But I failed.

I think the problem with my first actual attempt at switching to vaping was that my nic level was too high. I would sit at my desk at work and chain vape and then I would start to feel loopy from the nicotine. On top of that some other stuff happened in my life so I went back to analogs.

For the next year or so I would go back to vaping on and off. I bought a passthrough and picked up the ego-c which I love. I would always vape for a week then go back to analogs. As aforementioned this was mostly due to issues in my life. Looking back I wish I had quit analogs at that time as they do nothing but increase stress and anxiety.

A year passed by and my co-worker (who always claimed that if he quit analogs it would be cold turkey) inherited some sort of ecig from his friend. He was sold on it and it rekindled my interest in vaping.

I went to the local shop and picked up a twist and another passtrhough and about 30ml in juice. Started vaping and for the first week I was still smoking analogs but stopped. For the past two weeks I have been analog free.

Recently I found a great online supplier and bought about 105ml worth of juice to keep me going for a while. I bought two Kanger T3's as well as I wanted to check out some newer clearomizers to see if I liked them better then an ego tank.

Seems the Kangers are hit or miss as one is awesome and the other is quiet lackluster. It won't discourage my vaping but is sort of a letdown.

Right now I have high aspirations and am waiting for the Janty MiD to launch so I can read reviews that pit it against the eVic.

Anyways that my two cents. I hope this helps some people as switching to vaping can be a challenge if you are new to the community. I must submit that this forum has helped me immensely. Whenever I am looking to purchase something new I always reference this and look at the reviews.

Right now I am happy. I occasionally use snus and have been using Camel/Skoal but decided this week that I would drive to the cigar shop and pick up some General.

Go Bills!

meli.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Private Suite GroenDakkies
Hi RubberSoul and Welcome to ECF.:)

You certainly traveled a long road but you got there. Well done! Finally Smoke Free. Yay!

It's not an easy switch when you've got stresses and strains taking over all parts of your life and often the last thing you need is the frustration of dodgy carto's or tanks to throw you right back into smoking. I totally understand how that happens, but you persevered and I'm pleased you worked your way through it.

Best of luck in your endeavours and have fun.;)

acorn54

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2010
new york
hi rubbersoul my story is like yours, i quit analogs in fits and starts. poor vaping equipment was partly to blame as it disuaded me from a comfortable vaping experience. but after some trial and error episodes i finally found top notch vaping supplies at vapor for life and now i am analog free for 2+years and ecig free for 1+year.
good luck

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
To be honest, we are probably a little bit guilty of underestimating how much gear you need to make vaping work.

For example I can't see how it can be guaranteed to work out well if you have less than about 10 different heads of the usual kind such as clearos, atties, cartos and the like. Half of them won't deliver, in practice, so that leaves you with about 5 good working units - and that is kind of a rock bottom number for a weekend, never mind longer.

If you are an RTA fan - rebuildable atomiser tanks - then you can probably get away with just a couple of those, but they need a big-batt device to work well, and not everybody can get along with them anyway.

The true story is that you need a ton of gear in order to guarantee things go smoothly. Or a lot of luck. I don't see this as a negative because the benefits are so great, and in the end the cost is tiny in comparison to smoking - but it probably seems like a lot of hassle and money at first. Yes, a couple of eGos and 3 heads works for some people, but others give up in frustration due to dud gear. Just bite the bullet and get more; or switch to ultra-reliable big, simple devices like a Reo and/or a Silver Bullet and 4 or 5 AW 18650 batteries. At least that way the basic device is always going to be there, day in day out. Heads are another story, everyone has a different idea of what works and what doesn't. I just keep 20 high-quality 510 atties in stock, 4 or 5 dripshields, some 510-to-510 solid adapters to use with them, and never ever have to worry about dud gear.

If you don't want hassle or worry: go big, go simple, and have more heads than you ever think you'll need. Job done.

Oh and a lot of liquid too. Many people haven't figured out that if they use 3ml a day, that's 90 or 100ml a month; and they've got a couple of small bottles and figure they're OK. Huh?

Last edited:

RubberSoul

Nov 4, 2011
NY State
The true story is that you need a ton of gear in order to guarantee things go smoothly. Or a lot of luck. I don't see this as a negative because the benefits are so great, and in the end the cost is tiny in comparison to smoking - but it probably seems like a lot of hassle and money at first. Yes, a couple of eGos and 3 heads works for some people, but others give up in frustration due to dud gear. Just bite the bullet and get more; or switch to ultra-reliable big, simple devices like a Reo and/or a Silver Bullet and 4 or 5 AW 18650 batteries. At least that way the basic device is always going to be there, day in day out. Heads are another story, everyone has a different idea of what works and what doesn't. I just keep 20 high-quality 510 atties in stock, 4 or 5 dripshields, some 510-to-510 solid adapters to use with them, and never ever have to worry about dud gear.

I agree. Right now I have enough gear to at least still be able to vape if I have some catastrophe where I have a battery die or both my clearos got bottom up at the same time. I have 3 spare atty heads for my ego tank as well 4 tanks. I bought the two Kanger clearos to try them out and figured two would be a good number in case one was a dud when I got them. I am liking them a lot so I will most likely invest in a bunch of extra replacement coils.

Also bought en eVic last night. Really looking forward to it. Right now I think I am at my limit of what I want to have. More or less I need to curb my spending and just focus on stockpiling juice and replacement parts for my clearos.

Thanks everyone for the kind words.

SPM3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
North Fort Myers, Florida
Welcome to ECF, RubberSoul, and congrats on getting of the cigs :toast:

I agree that once you get the right setup, it is much easier. I went from a basic kit with a passthrough battery, stardust clearomizer, and recharger, to a Vision Spinner, to my Vamo and DCT tank. I think this set up should last me a while, ... well maybe a bigger tank, hehe :blush:

I am envious that you are getting an eVic. Those look like awesome devices, and being able to hook it up to the computer for firmware updates is great. I am sure that set up should keep you on your path of vaping. Keep up the awesome job, and keep on vapin :vapor:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread