Status
Not open for further replies.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Thank you NoFumus!

It has been a very easy transition actually! When I first started vaping I picked up a cheap mech mod from a local vape shop. The problem was battery life. I still carried a pack of smokes with me everywhere because I was fearful of running out of battery juice! I purchased a spare battery, but I had no faith. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and got myself the SMOK M80 plus rechargeable box mod. It produced more power and I could charge it in the car on the go. I never looked back after that.

I still keep a can of Skoal and a pack of smokes on my desk. They are paperweights now, and a reminder, that I finally kicked the habit. Such relief.

NoFumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2015
St. Paul, Minnesota
I was lucky, too, in that it was really scary easy. I'd never really made it a day before.

I still keep a can of Skoal and a pack of smokes on my desk. They are paperweights now, and a reminder, that I finally kicked the habit. Such relief.

I don't think I could have done that, at least in the beginning, just because of the physical habit. It took me a couple days to realize that I had to move the lighter from desk, because I kept picking it up and trying to light my ego battery.

Reactions: David Wolf

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
I was lucky, too, in that it was really scary easy. I'd never really made it a day before.

I don't think I could have done that, at least in the beginning, just because of the physical habit. It took me a couple days to realize that I had to move the lighter from desk, because I kept picking it up and trying to light my ego battery.

I replaced my lighter with nail clippers. I am fidgety as well. Now, I find my nails are verrrrrrrrrrrrrry short. lol

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Welcome Daddy!

Congrats on your success. Hoo-ray :D

DIY is awesome. Now that you have your complement of posts in (and did so by 25 past the hour) come flit over to the DIY threads. Lots of great recipes and advice there :)

Thank you DingerCPA.

I will mainly lurk in the DIY section. Right now my juice is rather boring I suppose. 45% RY4 4% Cubano and 2% some fruit.

I found TFA there though and that is where I bought my supplies, which was very helpful.

This forum is a wealth of information. I've spent days ready - easy to lose track of time.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
Thank you Danrogers.

Yes, DIY is the way to go. I tried talking to my vape shop about e-juice prices but he wouldn't hear any of it. I figured I was smoking about $100 a month and e-juice was going to cost me close to $300 a month. It was insane.

So I took $100 I would have used for tobacco and dumped it in e-juice supplies and I figure I have around 8,000 ML worth of juice now. At 10ML per day......that's a little over 2 years worth of juice for what I would have spent in 10 days at the vape shop and I get to control every aspect of it from nice level to flavor.

Daddy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2015
LOL - yes, VERY easy to lose track of time. Tell ya what, do you like your juice? Then it's not boring!

Glad you stopped lurking!

Yea I find it OK. It isn't great, but I think it will do. I've been vaping strictly my juice for a little over 3 weeks now, so it must not be to terrible.

The DIY section here can be overwhelming though. Some recipes have 10+ flavors. I like my recipes like I like my food I suppose - start with quality and keep it simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread