Hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Sutton

Dec 31, 2017
Galveston, TX
I've been vaping for a few years now, and made the typical progress through my various vaping adventures: Disposables, pens, mods, and now onto RTA's.

I came here to mostly see what's trending, how to get the most out of my mods/coils/builds, but of course, the one thing any vaper is not immune to: damaged mods.

Yes, my son was playing near where I charge my vape, pulled it off it's perch, and busted the charge port. I was pretty happy with the mod, but instead of a direct replacement, I'm in search of a new mod, new build method, and balancing cloud with flavor. I currently use a Cleito RTA tank. Only thing that made me choose it was I had a Cleito tank, was tired of buying coils, and decided to venture out into the world of rebuildables. The mod was an eleaf istick 80W. Power wise this seemed to be enough, as I never really pushed the power beyond 50W (past 50W it felt like I was just burning the cotton and juice). The coils were .45 ohm inside. I'm still using the tank for now, but it's on my girlfriends joyetech eVic VTC mini, and at 45W the battery lasts about 2 hours.

So that's about it. Hopefully I find what I'm looking for!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Hi Chris and welcome!

That's the problem with internal batteries. If you bust the charge port you're stuck. Generally mods with replaceable batteries that can be removed and charged in an external charger is the way to go.

If you're going to run at 50W or so, look for a mod that takes two batteries. They're generally rated at higher wattage, usually 200w or so, but you'll get good battery life for a full day with it, depending of course on how much you vape.

There's lots of good info around here so dying in and I'm sure you'll find lots of good info.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome to ECF, tons of great info here, and congrats on your vaping journey. :) As far as mods I have both removable and internal and they both can have their place. I will say I LOVE the ease of just swapping out charged batteries from an external charger that is actually one of my favorite things about removable battery mods. There are several decent, reliable and sturdy two battery mods on the market, might want to check out the VV/VW mod section of the board before you purchase again. I really dislike vaping via passthrough even if a mod "can".

As far as RTAs, this forum is probably a great place to start for more information on all things rebuildable: Rebuildable Atomizer Systems

Welcome and hope you enjoy your stay here.

Anna

Chris Sutton

Dec 31, 2017
Galveston, TX
Thanks!
Yes, I've been doing dome reading, and I think I'm going to do a dual battery mod. One for the power (I read a Post from you Anna that said look for about 2x the wattage you WANT to vape at) and two so I can avoid my son or GF knocking my vape off my desk. That eLeaf was good, but the bottom charge port for the internal battery puts it precariously close to the edge, prime for easy knocking over and about 6 different charge cables in it's lifetime. I think I'm going to get a charger and some extra batteries as well so I can just swap out.

Chris Sutton

Dec 31, 2017
Galveston, TX
Well, for now I'm looking for something as an "emergency" mod up to about $50. Come tax season I'll want to spend a bit more in the $100 range for a nice long lasting mod. So in long story mode: something that's better than this crummy/weak evic mini, but around the same price for now... then something with some really nice power. Between now and tax time, I can invest in some batteries. So far the only brands I've really tried are the eLeaf and KangerTech so I really have no preference due to ignorace of what all is out there. Tank wise I've pretty much have stuck to Aspire and Kanger and I prefer Aspire. As mentioned in the OP I've started using their RTA Cleito and have been enjoying it.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Smoant Battlestar or Charon tc are good budget friendly mods. Aspire Invoke is a newer one that is getting good feedback. Both brands have a very good reputation. Another idea is to check out the clearance section for discounted gear from last year. @Beamslider is a master and might have some good ideas.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Well if you like the eVic mini you are using.....Here's a cheap one. They only have blue left in stock will cost you about $24 with shipping added in. Good little mod.

Joyetech eVic Primo Mini 80W Box Mod

Or the bigger brother 2 battery eVic Primo 2 228W with a Procore Ares tank will cost about $28 with shipping.

Joyetech eVic Primo Mini 80W Box Mod

Or the primo 2 without the Tank for around $24
Joyetech eVic Primo 2 Box Mod New Color

or Primo 2 with unimax tank around $24 shipped.
Joyetech eVic Primo 2.0 228W Mod Kit With 5ml Unimax 2 Tank

Takes around 3 weeks to receive but all great deals on good mods

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
The Smoant models are well thought of. Might look at the Reuleuax RXs too. An RX2 will probably be my next purchase for a regulated when I move into the larger diameter batteries. They also have a number of 18xxx series machines. I have, and love, a Wismec Predator; it has the smallest form factor of any 2-cell mod I own, but some people don't like it as they say it has a janky 510 connector. Couldn't prove it by me, mine works fine. Welcome to the board.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Hello and welcome to ecf.

Here is a vendor a little closer to home for faster shipping.(LasVegas)

EightVape | Best Online Vape Shop & eLiquid Supply | Vape Juice | Vape

Did not really have time to look but they are a good company and have lots of mods to choose from. I have ordered from them a couple of times and they ship fast too.

Just my 2 pennies.

:)

Chris Sutton

Dec 31, 2017
Galveston, TX
Well, I went a little over-budget... but the GF says Merry Christmas. Got myself a Smoant Charon TC and a pair of Hohm batteries. The prices at the HealthCabin website were awesome... BUT shipping made the price double. They had me sold on a evic Primo and 2 batteries for about 40 bucks, but needed 35 to ship (they said free shipping on orders of 50, but the primo was on clearance and didn't count. Otherwise I would have just thrown a charger in or something). I went with the EightVape site, as they had the best price and shipping compared to about 10 other places I visited. Thanks all for the input and advice, and this forum is my new home!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Well, I went a little over-budget... but the GF says Merry Christmas. Got myself a Smoant Charon TC and a pair of Hohm batteries. The prices at the HealthCabin website were awesome... BUT shipping made the price double. They had me sold on a evic Primo and 2 batteries for about 40 bucks, but needed 35 to ship (they said free shipping on orders of 50, but the primo was on clearance and didn't count. Otherwise I would have just thrown a charger in or something). I went with the EightVape site, as they had the best price and shipping compared to about 10 other places I visited. Thanks all for the input and advice, and this forum is my new home!
Next time you're shopping for vape gear use vapecrawler.com. Apologies, should have mentioned the site earlier. I enjoy my Charons, hopefully you will enjoy yours as well.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Ah well. The eight vape was only a few dollars more than the cheapest us vendor so not a huge loss. I have that sure bookmarked now. Thanks!!
I just noticed your location line. I was BOI, and raised there. Hope the old place is still afloat.

Chris Sutton

Dec 31, 2017
Galveston, TX
Yes it is! I actually moved mainland to Santa Fe, but everywhere around here was under water for about a week. From the island and as far north as spring, and from Bolivar to Katy. There wasn't anywhere in town that didn't have some form of flooding. Dickinson got it the worst though.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I've been vaping for a few years now, and made the typical progress through my various vaping adventures: Disposables, pens, mods, and now onto RTA's.
I came here to mostly see what's trending, how to get the most out of my mods/coils/builds, but of course, the one thing any vaper is not immune to: damaged mods.
Yes, my son was playing near where I charge my vape, pulled it off it's perch, and busted the charge port. I was pretty happy with the mod, but instead of a direct replacement, I'm in search of a new mod, new build method, and balancing cloud with flavor. I currently use a Cleito RTA tank. Only thing that made me choose it was I had a Cleito tank, was tired of buying coils, and decided to venture out into the world of rebuildables. The mod was an eleaf istick 80W. Power wise this seemed to be enough, as I never really pushed the power beyond 50W (past 50W it felt like I was just burning the cotton and juice). The coils were .45 ohm inside. I'm still using the tank for now, but it's on my girlfriends joyetech eVic VTC mini, and at 45W the battery lasts about 2 hours.
So that's about it. Hopefully I find what I'm looking for!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Sorry to hear about your charge port breaking.
You might need to read up on marrying batteries and additional supplies needed such as:
Back up pair of batteries, carrying case, volt meter, wraps,charger and proper care.
Could start with general info:
18650 Battery Buying Guide for Vapor Users – Wake and Vape Blog
(12) Deeper Understanding of Mod Batteries - Part I | E-Cigarette Forum
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...attery-current-draw-for-a-regulated-mod.7532/
Battery Safety: Will You Marry Me? - Mt Baker Vapor
http://ecigarettereviewed.com/e-cig-charging-safetyVaping 101: Battery Safety
Vaping 101: Battery Safety
7 Best Practices to Keep Your Charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread