Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
What's up? What kind of gear do you use? A frequent culprit of coil death is actually the juice you use. Sweeteners and flavorings carbonize on the coil, and unfortunately in my experience the sweeter and more flavorful the juice is the more it will burn up on your coils. Lower wattage/voltage can help a little. Making sure your tank doesn't go dry. Chain vaping was frequently my issue, coils stay too hot and or don't keep enough juice on them. When i started vaping I wanted coffee and chocolate vapes the most but found a lot of them would gunk up my coils fast. Clear juices are generally better but can be just as bad as a dark juice. Blueberry anything has always been horrible on my coils. I run medium wattage rebuildable stuff and see the results quicker. With some juice I'll get half a day before it's tasting too dark and I'm thinking of changing the cotton and cleaning coils. Do not let this stop you from enjoying the crap out of your favorite flavors. Long story short, get used to it, upgrade your equipment, change up your juice, 2 weeks isn't bad, or pick up a cheap dripper and learn to rebuild (not as hard as it seems)

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
Hello Jg1701 !.
129090.jpg

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hi, welcome to ECF. Depending on how much liquid you are running through those coils, it might actually be decent coil life. Did your coil life decrease recently though, and did anything change (including juice). Some darker, sweeter juices are much harder on coils than the less sweet and dark ones. It could be something as simple as that.

Best of luck and most of all, welcome to ECF. I hope you figure out your coil situation soon.

Anna

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2016
Orlando, FL
socialonlinebydesign.com
Hi, and welcome to the forum! Honestly a week to two weeks is the average lifespan of my coils. I'm a heavy vaper, and have been for over 5 years.... a week to two weeks has always been the average. You can try switching up to the Big Baby Beast... my coils on my BBB last a lot longer than the coils on my regular BB.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Ive been vaping for abut four years but still consider myself a newbie. I'm having an issue with burning up coils in a week and a half to two weeks. I just started to have this problem recently.
Welcome and glad you joined.
If you can bend a paper clip, you make a coil.
Might help if you look at the rebuildable information below:
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blog-entry/7-information-resources-for-your-first-rba.4454/
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/wrapping-building-coils-101-for-beginners.745045/
Rebuildable Tanks Explained: RBAs vs RDAs vs RTAs vs RDTAs
Rayon Wick - Better Flow, Flavor, Longevity, and Nic Hit!! - Pt.2
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...er-flow-flavor-saturation-and-nic-hit.561226/

• Useful

Jg1701

Feb 24, 2018
Funny thing about doing my own coils. I wind low volt coils for transformers. After doing that all day I can't imagine wanting to come home and doing it so I can vape...lol. I'll stick with the store bought. I ended up buying a new set up yesterday. I got a kangertech iken mod and a uwell valyrian tank for $85. I love it so far, just trying to get used to a more powerful mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread