hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
hello, ive been dabbling in juls recently but i think i want lighter nic hit. i came across a couple smoks on toptiervape.com but not sure what mod to get.
Hi and welcome,
Are you in Canada?
How long did you smoke cigarettes and how many do/did you smoke per day?
If the juul is too strong, use it less often.
Any other website is a better option. (IMO) Find a site that sells more than just SMOK devices.

Cheers
I

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Welcome Matt, and it's hard to say exactly what vaping equipment you're going to enjoy unless you do try other things. It is certainly true that the "juul" locks you into a higher nic vape unless you learn to fill pods (and they do make blank pods now another manufacturer that will fit them) with your own eliquid. If you love everything else about it, well you could try that. There are many more robust, adjustable (e.g. wattage, airflow, and coil type) vapes out there, both in pod mods and other types of vape.

If you like the convenience of pods well you could try this thread and forum to get a sense of what is out there. https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threads/pod-mods-which-one-are-you-liking-the-most.760037/page-34

There are also coils/tanks which can be less expensive to run, and are also quite adjustable, there are also smaller ego style setups that are small like a juul but have a tank and coil. It's hard to say this early on what you will like best, and certainly vendors have HUGE price differences depending on what country you order from, how long you are willing to wait, and etc., versus more expensive sites and there is no reason to waste perfectly good money on vapes you can get less somewhere else so some good sites for you might include metavaper.com which is pretty much a sale and deals site, or vapecrawler.com which is a similar site, to get a sense of what you "should" be paying for something as far as markup. Some sites are just utterly corrupt and I have no knowledge of the site you mentioned so I will just suggest those two, and also it may be complicated by you being in Canada.

But best of luck and welcome and congrats on switching to vaping. I kind of like to deal hunt unless I'm looking for something very specific or hard to find.

Anna

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
im more of a social smoker but want to be cleaner. i learned that juls only have minimum 12 nic. hoping i can use something like novo for 3 - 6 mg

I've never had someone dislike a post of mine before @matt ryan

So - well done. You got me there.

A Canadian dollar is a little less than a UD$, yes?

But, either way... if you come on a forum and ask for advice and our mantra is never to let fellow vapers (new or experienced) get taken advantage of by overpriced. vendors/websites you have to expect some warning.

Perhaps if you'd given us some options to choose from, maybe the reply would have been different. Telling us about Juul (which nobody with any sense uses anyway) and suggesting we look at just one website is suspicious. I'm sure there are other websites and brands you could direct us to that can fulfill your needs.

$42.99 for Smok tank is.. about $33 USD

That tank is on sale for $23 across America and the equivalent of $29 in the UK.

I am well aware that Canada has it's own rules regarding vape products, sure.
Countries that tend to be a little 'grey' in the interpretation of the rules are rich hunting ground for adding another 100% profit margin to the 200% profit margin already bragged about by certain brands to potential vendors.

There is even a famous e-cig brand in America that promises it's vendors 400% profit margins. On the 'wholesale' section of the website it says how much they are ripping people off. On the main 'public/retail' area of the website they claim to be 'highly competitive'. You can't have both.

If all toptier sell is Smok, they are either too new to have developed a range of products or are very short-sighted. The fact that a search engine can't find them is most disturbing.

Either way. I apologise for the way I worded my post. Feel free to vape on.

PS - Juul sucks. If they designed it to be refillable, it would be the best entry-level e-cig in the world. As it is.... I can only see it as a way to enslave people ($) to one brand.

We look out for each other on ECF. Nothing to dislike about that.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread