The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Hello!

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Pete4242, Jan 29, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Pete4242

Pete4242 New Member

Jan 29, 2019
    I started vaping yesterday. I got the vaporesso cascade one plus. It came with two coils, mesh and ceramic. Using the mesh now.
    I have a beard and have noticed liquid condensation on my moustache when blowing out the smoke. I have no idea if it is something normal or I got something wrong with the device...
    Lips started getting dry also.
    - pete

2. Tonee N

Tonee N Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 24, 2017
    Nevada
    That's normal. I have the same.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
  4. Vapedog

Vapedog Super Member

Oct 28, 2018
    Hi, yes as above. Trim it.

5. John Campbell

John Campbell Full Member

Jan 15, 2019
    Definitely. Lips should not be dry. Vaping does not affect this (well, it should not!)

6. greek mule

greek mule Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 2, 2018
    Athens,Greece
    The PG and VG in juices dehydrate you.You must drink large amounts of water. Dry mouth is usually a sign you need more water.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pete4242

Pete4242 New Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Thanks for the replies. As John said, lips should not be dry, I thought so as well, that is why I am asking basically. I read somewhere that a device not properly setup can allow raw juice to go with the smoke and the juice itself can irritate skin. My concern is that the condensation on my moustache is bitter in taste and i worry that it is juice not evaporated properly.... The instructions in the manual is not really clear, the device came with a pack of rubber bands but has no mention to it in the manual. Are those supposed to be as spare parts or it should be installed. I just kept it in the box. If anyone knows of a link to a clear instructions for this device. I wasnt able to find any technically elaborate on this.

8. bombastinator

bombastinator ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 12, 2010
    MN USA
    I think you’re thinking of spitting. Sometimes when a atomizer is getting flooded with juice the atomizer will spit hot droplets of juice out the mouthpiece and burn your tongue. This is not happening here I think.
    Your packet of rubber bands are replacement gaskets for the atty. gaskets eventually wear out, and the device may no longer be in production when that happens so the gasket pack can be used to lengthen the life of your device. The bottom of the box is the right place for them until the thing starts leaking and needs it’s gaskets replaced

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Baditude

Baditude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio

• Like Like x 1
  10. uthinkofsomething

uthinkofsomething Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Oooh I wanted to disagree with this bad lmao :lol: but only in fun.

11. uthinkofsomething

uthinkofsomething Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    And @Pete4242 , condensation is totally correct, it's not smoke, but atomized particles of glycerine (not oil) bonding with water vapor. When exhaled it can condense.

12. Vapedog

Vapedog Super Member

Oct 28, 2018
    I was imagining him blowing out vape through this. :laugh:
    Id hate to have to sit watching this guy eating soup.
    enhanced-buzz-wide-8865-1414687783-9.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Mordacai

Mordacai Ultra Member

Jan 16, 2019
    UK
    Hello Pete4242, condensate is part of vaping.

And as for dry lips, it's probably just that you're a little dehydrated due to Propylene Glycol in you liquid. Drink more water and use lip salve to help with this.

Can we ask what liquid your using and if you know the Propylene Glycol and Vegetable Glycerine content as well please?

14. Brewdawg1181

Brewdawg1181 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    Yes, as others have said, this is normal. Now, if you start to find the condensation buildup in underarm or pubic hair, you'll want to turn down your wattage and/or switch to an MTL device. Or trim all of those areas. Or at minimum, vape only outdoors.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. My Batt Hurts

My Batt Hurts Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 25, 2017
    UK
    Ah - so that's all it is? Phew!
    Nice one.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. mountainbikermark

mountainbikermark Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2014
    central Virginia
    Welcome to the forum
    Others have answered all your questions pretty well.
    As others have stated, dry lips could be mild dehydration. You may also begin to experience dry mouth. If you notice , a lot of vapers will usually have something to drink with them just about always (especially water). It not only helps with the dehydrating effect of vaping but if you're a former smoker it'll help flush the nasties from tobacco out of your system faster than not increasing water intake.
    I get dry mouth faster when I mouth to lung my pod systems than when I direct lung my tanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

17. BrotherBob

BrotherBob ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
  18. Pete4242

Pete4242 New Member

Jan 29, 2019
    Thank you all for the information. Now it is all making more sense, plus I am getting more practice now....
    Happy vaping!
    - pete

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. MJCSD

MJCSD Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 7, 2014
    usa
    Hello and welcome to ecf

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.