Hellvape - Dead rabbit Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timbo87

Dec 29, 2020
I want to thank hellvape for this opportunity to give this a real run down and I would like to say my opinions are my own are built more for tutorial purposes rather then if just good or bad.. Because fact is we are ALL going to have our own opinion[emoji4]

*I wrote most of this on the 16/4/22 but there is a bit i updated at end*
Absolute new addition to the dead rabbit line at 28mm RDA,
What can we expect from this?
What would we like from this? One of the things that makes the dead rabbit a dead rabbit is the fact it's a cloudbusting flavour fulfilling, easy building unit and absolutely great for those who are looking into rebuildables. They are the ideal learners' decks, with so much space and so much airflow…
How does it compare to its predecessors?
And more importantly is it truly a dead rabbit?

To put simply I'm not going to bore you with all the details of the packaging like I used to do I mean with hell vape the packaging pretty standard that you have your model number on the front with the window as well as on the back you have your features of the unit, on the side you have also a picture of the unit in the basic form. It's a pretty detailed box if you haven't already had a Hellvape product.

So let's get into the features a little bit first..
it's a 28 mm RDA
Its Nearly same height as a DR3 at 34mm i got measured
it has the classic dead rabbit post design
Adjustable airflow
7 colors available. I have mine in red
plenty of room for dripping.
As well as a bottom feed squonk pin

Kit contains all you would expect.
The RDA
2 x 0.2 ni80 Clapton coils
2 x shoe lace Cotton
cutting tool
BF pin
accessories bag
and your usual user manual which has your instructions in various languages

Building & dismantling the housing.
From the inner airflow ring to deck is rather simple, just twist and pull from knurlings as you slowly try to gain access to the main deck.
The interesting part to this is the locking mechanism from inner airflow ring and outer airflow ring bit like the ¼ turn lock on the 'fat rabbit solo'.
The 810 drip tip is pretty standard fit to others, i used ones from a pulse 24 & FR solo, worked fine, DR3 ag+ drip didn't feel very secure tho. No big deal.

The main deck.
Pretty similar to any other rendition of the Dead rabbit has that typical lifted style platform for the coil.
With a bit of a difference other the obvious width, the 'rabbit ears' deck seem slightly flatter (to be fair i haven't measured the angles),
Screw in the posts are more recessed compared to the DR3
There are no gold plated posts which as a beginner builder may make things that little more challenging. However as long as the user is aware of the insulator it 'should not' be so much of an issue to fit the coil/s correctly.

Let's talk about my first build (mistake) [emoji1787]…
Me being typical, I decided to try out a pair of rather chunky twisted Claptons helix coils at 3.5mm Inner diameter and I like my beefy coils[emoji23].. All i'm going to say just is these were some big coils and wasn't enough room for these things if you you going to go duals your going to want coils that haven't got big mass, i got excited and did not keep in mind how little height clearance there was from build deck & area near drip tip… whoops
fused claptons or aliens, or even premades from hellvape work fine. Maybe one of these bigger mass coils as a single may be ok. [emoji23]…. Lesson learned.

Eyes of the rabbit - Airflow
It's an interesting take on the airflow system utilising the symbol as a functioning part of workings of the rabbit.
But in my mind you only going to able to use the airflow 3 way which to be effective would be open, half open or closed you could potentially wrangle it so each eye is half closed or half open depending how you want to see it no pun intended but that maybe a little bit on the fiddley side, to get full effectiveness of the airflow you are basically better off having it fully open.

At first I thought there may be a condensation issue. Once you look at the top cap and how the bottom cap is connected with the 810 in place even though it's not rounded off near the 810 it still leaves an area for residual in liquid to drop back down into the juice well.

Pros.
It is a much bigger deck that means a lot more e-liquid from squonking or dripping.
There is a lot of air flow!! Which can be a good thing and a bad thing as I'll explain in a bit.
from the coils provided the flavour is really good.
It's still pretty easy to build, however you will have to pre-cut your coils before placement.

Cons:
The height - one of the things I kind of expected if so we're going to be releasing a bigger version of the dead rabbit I would have expected everything to be a bit bigger, it just seems it would have made a little bit more sense to me, which also makes the the build a little more trickier especially if your use to cut your wires from under the deck in the past.
Lack of airflow - more airflow options, I'm a little bit unclear why they didn't replicate the process from the dead rabbit 3, the Dr3 honeycomb option was absolutely fantastic.
No gold plated posts- back in the beginning when I got my first dead rabbit that used to be my main go to help me recognise where to put my legs in the right place.
Less airflow options than its predecessor which means you can't go as restrictive, go half open focus on one of each coil if your going dual, fair statement would be why would you want less on an RDA this big? Well.. The option for choice is always nice[emoji1787]

General thought
I'm not saying this is a bad RDA. I don't think it is a bad RDA at all in fact, it is a lot more different than what I would have hoped another variation would be.
I like it alot, it's got good flavour, massive cloud production,
with coils better than ones i can produce, it will probably be phenomenal which i would suggest going to a custom coil builder or buy some decent premades.
I would say this RDA would benefit more from a dual 21700 mechanical mod or dual battery squonker. You can hit high wattages with certain builds. However as I said you're gonna have to be careful of how big your coils are actually going to be I don't just mean the inner diameter, just how bulky,

*update 17/4*
My latest build I decided to go as a single 3.5mm and fires comfortably at 130-140w without excessive heat on the housing (1 of the singles I tried put my original duals in.. These are rated roughly near 200w mark each).
To be fair they absolute rock even cutting airflow down still meant coil getting surrounded by quality airflow.
I don't think this is going to be a product I religiously use for a long period of time because to be completely honest I don't have a mod that really suits it… yet!! [emoji23]. However i will definitely be hammering the crap out of it for a while i'm interested to what kind of coils i can build for this,
I think this is going to be a marmite product, either be loved or hated but that's for you guys to decide… [emoji6]

I do apologise for the layout i am not really use to the format yet usually i just write on facebook [emoji28]. I hope you enjoy my review.
726845b8f0c675ba563743db9d8ccecd.jpg
0df08a40d940815bea90d9f9544b65a5.jpg
8f8caa03b29ab0690907b965b4fdb243.jpg
915cc02858055378f9a0e70e791e0c4a.jpg
51f4c03ed3f16115122b97ccb00398aa.jpg
57050527060adca0f347b334053ac03f.jpg
6f02cc51f1cdf99b6a410d44f227330f.jpg
07dc2b866ff86ae18e4bae7e5aaa8f3b.jpg

Sent from my MAR-LX1B using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread