Hellvape Dead Rabbit RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shone

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
Hellvape dead rabbit RTA is the brand new RTA tank designed by Vapin' Heathen.
This is top fill atomizer with top airflow slots and you don't have to worry about leaking.
It has very famous dead rabbit rda's build deck. Coils will go in from the top and it looks like it will be very easy to wick this one. Also, you can use here one coil or two coils. It comes with bubble and regular glass tank. Personally I like top airflow tanks and we all know why. Dead rabbit RDA is very good dripper so I really hope that flavor is good here as well, I will probably try it soon.
Diameter: 25mm
Regular glass: 2ml
Bubble glass: 4.5ml
Colors: Stainles steel, purple, black, gold, rainbow, gun metal

So, what you think?

Dead rabbit rta

Reactions: stols001

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
i'd like to see the build deck and chamber but it looks nice from the pics.
i'm in if the airflow is spot on, build deck is user friendly and they use grub screws
It's got grub screws and flat head supplied, and the deck is identical to the 24mm dead rabbit (dual coil version). I heard mixed reports of whistling airflow, and others said smooth quiet airflow, so I'm thinking it is going to be very build dependant on airflow noise and feel.

Shone

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2017
I heard mixed reports of whistling airflow, and others said smooth quiet airflow, so I'm thinking it is going to be very build dependant on airflow noise and feel.
Yeah it looks like it will be very build dependant on airflow noise, when you put coils closer to the build deck airflow is not loud and it's smooth.

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Seems a little biased to me...

Yeah, a little. Granted the deck on the Engine 2 takes some getting used to and I'd never recommend it to a new builder, but once you've done it a few times it's not as big a deal.

My concern with the DR are those two juice holes that have to fill the bottom of that GTA styled bottom deck. If you overwick I think you can easily cut off juice flow. I always felt the strength of the GTA style was avoiding any juice holes like that. But he didn't seem concerned in the review.

Of course the DR is worth considering, but I still love my Engines, v1 and 2. Then again, I really love my single coil Intakes for their flavor, but they're not cloud machines which is OK by me.

Susaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2009
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Yeah, a little. Granted the deck on the Engine 2 takes some getting used to and I'd never recommend it to a new builder, but once you've done it a few times it's not as big a deal.

My concern with the DR are those two juice holes that have to fill the bottom of that GTA styled bottom deck. If you overwick I think you can easily cut off juice flow. I always felt the strength of the GTA style was avoiding any juice holes like that. But he didn't seem concerned in the review.

Of course the DR is worth considering, but I still love my Engines, v1 and 2. Then again, I really love my single coil Intakes for their flavor, but they're not cloud machines which is OK by me.
I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO BUILD FOR THE ENGINE 2.
Now, back to the Dead Rabbit RTA, I would have loved it had side and not top airflow. That makes it whistly.
There are more reviews by Todd and Mike Vapes. Should I post them?
No sites have it on preorder yet. Come on!!!

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Nope. No problem with either two, one SS and one black. I have no idea where he came up with that issue.
Figured you would have mentioned it if that had been the case. Putting a new coil in the Recurve today so I can play with replay. It's going to get expensive if I end up loving it.

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Looks like VaporDNA has the black in stock for $34.99. Not really interested in it myself. If they come out with a single coil version eventually and this one gets good reviews, I might be interested.

I noticed this and the Tony B 'Stacked' RTA both newly listed are $34.99. I wonder if this is due to tariffs? Was expecting the Stacked at least to be a little less expensive.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
So a quick report. Received it today. Built it out with dual fused Claptons raised up high at 0.22 ohm. A very nice vape with really good flavor.

Cons. Screwing the deck back on is a major pain to do as it doesn't want to catch and it can seem to be screwed in fully but not be (the little loosey glass play is a good tipoff). The deck itself locks to the chamber and the knurled bottom turns independently. It takes some practice to feel when it's slotted correctly so I'd suggest some dry assembly trials before trying to mount a juiced up coil and wick. As to changing the wicking on a full tank, well, I won't attempt that feat without more practice.

Lose the screws and go with the included hex screws. I didn't and regretted it while mounting the coils and will correct that next build.

I have the coils really high but still no shorting to the chamber so there's more headroom than you'd think. With the air wide open my build whistles. Turn it down by about an eighth and quiet as can be.

Flavor is very good, and cloud production is excellent. I'm happy with it and will likely pick up one or two more.

Oh, and I'd default to the included bubble tank. You do vape a lot of juice with this tank.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Good to hear there are more pros than cons.

Oh plenty of pros. I do like it. It's just getting the bottom back on that's a big deal to me and I can see folks getting fooled into thinking it's properly screwed when it's not. The screws are an easy fix, they give you the "correct" ones in the little bag.

It's a very nice vape.

Danny55

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
London UK
Thanks Eskie, great review. :)

That deck screwing seems to be an issue I saw brought up in most reviews, so I think your dry runs practise tip is a very good idea. Hopefully it'll become a knack that gets easier so that rewicking on a full tank can be done with confidence. Are the hex screws easier to work with then?

I watched a review by DJLsb Vapes and a cool little tip he shared was that you can easily measure the length of coil leads you need to trim by simply putting the coil up against the posts, and snipping the leads at the end of one post, like in these screenshots.

20180930_152804.jpg 20180930_152838.jpg

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Built them with the slotted screws. I was halfway through and didn't want to waste more time swapping them in. That's for the next build.

That coil length looks about right. What I really need to do is just break down and order a Coily. The perfect thing for consistency with postless decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread