Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangertrix

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2013
Collinsville, OK
What I really need to do is just break down and order a Coily. The perfect thing for consistency with postless decks.

Make sure it's shiny!!

363c3106-980d-4d8c-9e8a-e5748132a274.jpg

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Mine came in today from MFS. Did a REALLY quick single coil (Clapton, .4 ohm) build on it and its running great.

First impressions are very positive. Super simple build and honestly while I understand the base notches are a bit "different" and knacky, I didn't have an issue with it. It caught and threaded properly on the first try. The only way I'd really see this being a problem is if one were to try to assemble while mounted to a device where the center pin couldn't spin freely.

I'll probably pull it apart this evening just because I only spent a few brief minutes throwing a coil / wick in it, but so far I'm really happy. Very solid flavor.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
So, I did a clean set-up last night (single coil clapton) and haven't put this little puppy down since. What a fantastic RTA. Build is typical Dead Rabbit obviously, flavor is outstanding. Granted its only been a day, but I'm liking it better than the Zeus Dual so far.

I really don't see what the fuss is about the notches (at least not yet). I can't find anything at all to complain about so far. No leaks, no flooding of the coil chamber, just tasty plumes.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
I'm sure some will find things to dislike about it, but I really have no complaints at this point.

Still obviously only been a few days, but this RTA and my Orion have been all I've been using since arrival. I set aside both the Zeus Dual and Fireluke Mesh since it arrived. I'll probably still rotate with the Fireluke because I like the short size sometimes, but if this stays as solid as it seems, the Zeus may sit on the sidelines.

Just one guys opinion of course.

Thanks for the info Vapor2112!! Payday is tomorrow. hmmmmm....

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
Ordered a second. Gunmetal this time. I used the DR RDA and SQ a lot before and always loved the build deck. I like the RTA much more than either dripper. I also noticed the glass moves with the bubble tank on. Washing and thoroughly drying helps. Still no leaks though. Kinda freaked me out and I thought I did something wrong. I already broke the straight glass:facepalm:. I gotta find replacements soon.I haven't had any real issues with the slots on the bottom. No dry hits even while chain vaping. All in all I am really happy with it.
20181005_132720.jpg

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Sorry I haven't been back in to drop a few more pics as requested, I'll get on that!

I did want to say I've been using this exclusively for 2 weeks now and its been absolutely outstanding. Still on the original coil and wick with countless refills and no signs of letting go...

No leaks, no dry hits, nothing but tasty goodness. Color me impressed.

Derwoodski

Dec 11, 2018
Florida
Ordered it at Element Vape. $31.95 and I had points. They also seem to have all the colors. I got a gunmetal. We shall see.

Found my DR on MyVpro for $28.99, sometimes it pays to wait a month or 2 :D
I was lucky, my first build was a winner .19 braided set about 2mm of the deck. Good flavor no leaking. On week 2 with the same build.

NolaMel

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2012
New Orleans
Ordered a second. Gunmetal this time. I used the DR RDA and SQ a lot before and always loved the build deck. I like the RTA much more than either dripper. I also noticed the glass moves with the bubble tank on. Washing and thoroughly drying helps. Still no leaks though. Kinda freaked me out and I thought I did something wrong. I already broke the straight glass:facepalm:. I gotta find replacements soon.I haven't had any real issues with the slots on the bottom. No dry hits even while chain vaping. All in all I am really happy with it.
View attachment 773047
Would I like it? Compared to the DRSQ...

• Optimistic
Reactions: Letitia

Derwoodski

Dec 11, 2018
Florida
Hey, how do you place you coils everyone? If i place them like in the Dead Rabbit RDA the flavour is lacking. If I place them higher the flavour is getting a bit better but not enjoyable good. Could anyone post a pic, please? Thanks
About 2mm off the deck and about the same apart

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Skunk!

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2014
Las Vegas
@NolaMel
It is pretty much just like the 24mm rabbit. It is dual coil it could be built single but there are so many awesome single coil RTAs out there. For dual coils it works grwat and if you are looking for a dual coil RTA it would be a good one for you. Flavor is better than the DR 24mm imo super easy to build and wick. Lining up the notches putting it together was a bit of a pain at first, but I got used to it. I wish they would co.e out with a single coil version like the SQ.

Last edited:

Derwoodski

Dec 11, 2018
Florida
Liking this RTA, granted it is my only RTA, but not my only rebuildable. My previous fave was the peerless RDTA...problem with it was if it wasn't upright it would leak...loved the flavor tho. I wanted a tank that would have enough capacity to last my 1 hour commute and not leak when it tipped over [emoji38]
27ff770499d96646f6801d9fed1be340.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread