Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 RTA Review By Frenkyou

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-1.jpg

Hello, today we take a look at the Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 rta. In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item. I hope that at the end of this reading you can understand this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 rta; Before starting, let's look together at some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

• Dual Air Flow
    • Vent-proof top airflow drives fantastic flavor
    • Interlayer honeycomb airflow
    • 6.5mL/4mL large capacity
    • Double 28mm coil
    • Postless Deck: Slots shape + more honeycomb airflow holes make better flavor

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-2.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 rta; Packaging:
    The box is offered in Hellvape's classic orange color and this time with the addition of a touch of black. In the front there are; the logo, the image of the tank, the color indications of this sample and the product identifying writings (Fat Rabbit 2 RTA). The features, parameters, package contents, various logos and brands are all listed on the back side of the box.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-3.jpg

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-4.jpg

In the other parts of the package there are: the identification number 2218 assigned to this product, the Hellvape motto (Evolve your vaping genius), an adhesive label with the serial number and the scratch&check for anti-counterfeiting control.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-5.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 RTA; Packing List:
    • 1 Fat Rabbit 2 RTAs
    • 1 Bubble Glass Tube
    • 2 Cotton laces
    • 2 Coils NI80 0.37Ω
    • 1 Coil Cutting Tool
    • Sachet of spare parts
    • User Manual

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-6.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 RTA; Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 28*48.7mm (Base 26mm)
    • Weight: 70g
    • 3 Airflow Modes
    • E-liquid capacity 6.5/4ml
    • Top-filling Type
    • Postless Building Deck
    • Dual Coil Design
    • 810 Drip Tip
    • 510 Thread Connection

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-7.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 RTA; Available colours:
    • SS
    • Blue
    • Gold
    • Matte Full Black
    • Gunmetal
    • Rainbow

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-8.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 RTA; First Impressions:
    It's not a secret; Hellvape has always been one of my favorite brands, I always gladly receive its new products to test, this time I was sent a vaporizer that promises great performance thanks to a large postless deck and the possibility of installing on it two coils. Remember the original 25mm diameter Fat Rabbit RTA? This second version, as well as being increased in size, maintains the double air regulation system and implements the internal flow system with an advanced honeycomb design. According to Hellvape technicians, this guarantees a greater increase in flavor estimated at around 15%.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-9.jpg

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-10.jpg

A very important factor when choosing a new RTA Tank is its size, and the choice of Mod to match it; Fat Rabbit 2 RTA has a diameter of 28mm which certainly does not make it small, but hellvape has intelligently connected the base in the lower part reducing it to 26mm, so the Tank is adaptable without protrusions to the majority of Mods. A classic Dual Battery Mod is certainly suitable to seamlessly unleash the full potential of Fat Rabbit 2, however to aid handling I find its combination with various 21700 MODs extremely pleasant.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-11.jpg

The rich equipment, the notable structural solidity, the high performance and the good construction level are those high standards to which Hellvape has now accustomed me. I admit, I'm always pretty excited when I get a new product from this brand. Hellvape sent me two different colors of the Fat Rabbit 2 RTA, both versions come with a bright and rugged paint job. The Tank Fat Rabbit 2 RTA derives from the previous Fat Rabbit Solo RTA which was slightly more compact and was rebuildable in single coil. The newcomer appears more impressive especially with the Bubble Tank installed, without however appearing exaggerated. The robust 304 stainless steel construction of the tank features comfortable knurling for the top-cap and other processing on the underlying AFC rings which give considerable grip to the fingers during disassembly and air adjustment.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-12.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 RTA; Dual Air Flow:
    On the Top Cap we find the first of the two AFC (Top Airflow) ring nuts which is equipped with two slots with relative rotation stops, the ring nut easily maintains the set position during adjustment thanks to a good opposition force to the movement. The two large slots convey the air flow from top to bottom and, through an arrangement of 36 holes, provide plenty of air to the resistors. On the lower ring (Bottom Air-flow) we find two opposing slots (12x3mm). This ring nut also has rotation stops and offers the right contrasting force to its adjustment. The two lower slots convey the air underneath the Coil completing the work. The Top Airflow + Bottom Airflow combination is technically the best solution to cover the surface of the coils with the air as widely as possible. Furthermore, this double solution offers the user various adjustment combinations; All up, all down, or through the combined action up+down. In the images below you can also see the old system that used the Fat rabbit Solo RTA which involved the combined action of a lateral airflow system in addition to the classic one at the bottom. Furthermore on the deck you can notice the different honeycomb system which is much larger and developed on the Fat Rabbit 2 RTA, this as I have already said would lead to a greater concentration of flavor (+15%).

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-13.jpg

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-14.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 RTA; Refil:
    The 810 type drip-tip has no sealing rings, the O-ring is directly housed inside the Top-Cap which has a knurled external surface for a better grip. The opening for refueling is rapid and occurs with only 1/4 of a turn. The enormous refill slots are part of a single block, the funnel shape facilitates the descent of the liquid into the tank without the risk of overflows or getting your fingers dirty. Fat Rabbit 2 RTA comes with a straight glass that offers a standard capacity of 4ml, while with the supplied domed glass you can get up to 6.5ml capacity.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-15.jpg

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-16.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA; Exploded view:
    The Fat Rabbit 2 tank can be broken down into a sufficient number of pieces to carry out cleaning operations well. On the bottom you can see the gold-plated adjustable pin and the various identifying writings. The postless deck has a rather large surface and classic slotted screws are provided for inserting the coils.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-17.jpg

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-18.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 RTA; Build Decks:
    Using the supplied toolkit it is possible to choose the cutting size of the legs and then correctly insert the resistors on the postless deck. For the regeneration I installed the two pre-assembled NI80 0.37Ω Coils present in the kit, and I used the cotton string supplied by Hellvape. Regeneration on the Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 RTA is really simple and intuitive; just pay attention to the right amount of cotton to fill the buttonholes; with too much cotton you lose flavor quality and stifle performance. With too little cotton you risk losing e-liquid from the lower buttonholes. However, with a minimum of experience it is not difficult to reach the best compromise on the quantity and correct positioning of the cotton inside the two buttonholes.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-19.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit 2 RTA; Vaping Test & Final Conclusions:
    I really liked the dual airflow system, finding it largely satisfactory for the cloud but also quiet and ultra-adjustable. With the 70W resistors supplied, the steam production was abundant and the reactivity to the Fire button was very fast. I like to play a fairly wide Puff DTL using large apertures of both AFCs. I can really tell the difference in performance by closing the air up or down and it's like having two Tanks in one! Personally I prefer using both AFCs wide open so as not to give up a complete investment of air on the coil surfaces. I could only use one of the two AFCs keeping the other closed, but by doing so I seem to lose something in terms of flavour, furthermore I am using an e-liquid with 3mg/ml of boost and with the air flow partialized the hit in throat skyrockets. So I prefer to take advantage of the Top airflow + Bottom airflow combination which in my opinion is a great advantage for maximizing the cloud compared to competitor tanks that only use a Top solution or only a Bottom solution. This Fat Rabbit 2 RTA isolates heat well, and with its excellent flavor yield it is certainly among the best rebuildable dual coil tanks available on the market today.

I would like to thank Hellvape for providing me with the kit. I hope this review has been helpful for anyone looking to purchase the Fat Rabbit 2 RTA.

Thanks for reading

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-2-RTA-20.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread