Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at one of Hellvape's latest offerings on the subject of rebuildable atomizers, this is Fat Rabbit Solo rta Dual Airflow System. In this Test I will examine each characteristic that distinguishes it. I hope by the end of this reading you may have understood this rta, and decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my reviews are free and based on my personal experience.

► Before starting let's see the salient features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • 25mm diameter adaptable to most of the mod.
    • Drip tip 810 with anti-condensation design.
    • A quarter turn is enough to unscrew the top cap.
    • Large buttonholes for easy filling.
    • Boasts a dual airflow system: one set on the bottom and another set on the side.
    • Innovative, post-less deck designed for Single-Coil that disengages with a quarter turn.

Enjoy the reading:

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA; Packaging:
    The box is proposed in the classic Hellvape orange color, in the front there are; the logo, the image of the tank and the identifying writings of the product (Fat Rabbit Solo RTA).

The features, parameters and contents of the package are all listed on the back side of the box.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-2.jpg

On the other sides they are present; The motto of Hellvape (Evolve your vaping genius), an adhesive label with a serial number + color indications of the sample, the scratch & check and the icons of the social networks where the manufacturer promotes its products.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-3.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA; Kit contents:
    • 1x Fat Rabbit Solo RTA
    • 1x Pre-assembled 0.37Ω NI80 Coil
    • 1x Cotton string
    • 1x Bubble glass tube
    • 1x Bag of accessories
    • 1x Tool for cutting the Leg-Coil
    • 1x User Manual

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-4.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA; Specifications:
    • 304 stainless steel construction
    • Dimensions: 25,0x55,5mm
    • Net weight: 70g
    • Type of coil: Single
    • Capacity: 4.5 / 5.5mL
    • Drip Tip: 810
    • AFC: Dual Airflow

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-5.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA; Colors:
    • SS
    • Gunmetal
    • Gold
    • Matte Full Black,
    • Matte Black
    • Blue
    • Rainbow

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-6.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA; First impressions:
    This new RTA amazed me at how different it is from most traditional RTAs available to us vapers! I was not impressed so much by the presence of two AFC adjustment rings that have also been proposed on other products, or for the anti-condensation drip tip, or for the postless deck with the wide refill slots ... But what I really like is the ingenious system of quick release of the Deck by means of a 1/4 turn rotation and the effective "anti-pollution" system of liquids.

The rich equipment, the structural solidity, the high performance and the good construction level are those high standards to which Hellvape has by now accustomed me. I admit I'm always pretty excited when I get a new product from this brand.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-7.jpg

A very important factor when choosing a new Tank RTA is the size; Fat Rabbit Solo, with a diameter of 25mm is adaptable without protrusions to the majority of Mods, however I find the combination with AREZ 120 MOD 21700 extremely pleasant ... To stay in the great Hellvape family.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-8.jpg

Hellvape sent me two different colorways of Fat Rabbit Solo RTA 25mm, both versions come with a bright and sturdy paint job. The Tank Fat Rabbit Solo RTA derives from the previous Fat Rabbit RTA which measured 28.4mm in diameter and was rebuildable in single or dual coil. Our "little guy" has more compact dimensions but still appears quite imposing in height, without however being exaggerated.

The sturdy 304 stainless steel construction of the tank features a comfortable knurling for the top-cap and other machining on the AFC rings below that give a noticeable Grip to the fingers when filling and adjusting the air.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-9.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA; Dual Air-Flow:
    Just below the lower base of the glass we find the first of the two AFC (Side air-flow) rings with rotation stops and with a good force of opposition to the adjustment, the ring has four 1.8mm holes (selectable individually). The holes are present on each side (4 + 4 holes therefore 8 total) and channel the air laterally towards the resistance.

On the lower ring (Bottom Air-flow) we find two opposing slots (12x3mm). This ring also has rotation stops and opposes the right contrast force to its adjustment. The two slots convey the air under the Coil.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-10.jpg

The Side Airflow + Bottom Airflow combination is technically the best solution for investing the surface of the coil as widely as possible with the air. Furthermore, this double solution offers the user various adjustment combinations.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-11.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA; Exploded view:
    The tank can be disassembled in all its parts for in-depth cleaning operations except the AFC control rings, the 810 type drip-tip has no sealing rings, the sealing ring is directly positioned inside the Top-Cap which has a knurled external surface to facilitate its 1/4 turn opening. The huge refill slots are part of a single block with the chimney that has the lower part threaded to be screwed onto the base that houses the glass of the tank.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-12.jpg

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-13.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA; Purity of eliquid:
    To replace the glass, unscrew the central part holding the lower part of the tank firmly in your hands. The lower base where the glass rests is threaded in the center to house the fireplace.

On the side of this base there are two transpiring doors in which the eliquid travels through the channels up to the two slits obtained inside the chamber. In this way the cotton of the Coil is fed by falling "fresh" liquid. The liquid present in the tank is in fact in a certain sense separated from the heating element (Coil) therefore vaporization uses only the liquid coming from the conveyance process, not polluting the part of liquid that is contained in the tank above the build and not around it.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-14.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA; Quick Deck Extraction:
    The internal conformation of the bell in addition to the aforementioned channels for the liquid also shows the lateral ventilation holes (Side airflow) and reduces harmful spaces to the advantage of a better concentration of vapor / flavor.

Another thing I really liked and that seems to work great is the quick Deck removal. In fact, the deck is engaged in the central part by means of a bayonet joint and its removal takes place with a 1/4 turn anticlockwise and then simply proceed with extraction by simply pulling the deck down and the central part up.

The tightness to liquid leaks is guaranteed by a precise machining with tight tolerances and by the presence on the Deck of a large lateral o'ring.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-15.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA; Coil regeneration:
    To insert the coil on the postless deck, first unscrew the screws on the side of the deck. In the image below you can also see the bottom of the Tank with the adjustable 510 pin and the two bags that contain the ends of the cotton.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-16.jpg

Using the toolkit supplied, it is possible to choose the cut size of the coil legs and then insert the resistance on the postless deck. For the regeneration I installed the pre-assembled 0.37Ω NI80 coil present in the kit using the cotton string provided by Hellvape.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-17.jpg

► Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA; Final conclusions and vape test:
    Regeneration on the Hellvape Fat Rabbit Solo RTA is really simple and intuitive, the only thing to pay attention to is the right amount of cotton, in fact too much cotton is lost in quality of flavor and stifles performance. With little cotton you risk flooding the surrounding environment. However, with a minimum of experience it is not difficult to reach the best compromise on the quantity and optimal positioning of the cotton inside the buttonholes.

I really liked the dual airflow system finding it quiet and ultra adjustable. With 35W the production of steam was abundant and the responsiveness to the Fire key discreet. I like to reproduce a rather narrow Puff RDL using small apertures of both AFCs. I usually use both AFCs in order not to give up a complete investment of air on the surface of the coil, I could only use one of the two AFCs keeping the other closed, but in doing so I seem to lose something in terms of flavor. So I prefer to take advantage of the Bottom airflow + Side airflow combination which in my opinion is already an advantage over the competitor's tanks that only use a Top, Bottom or Side solution.

Surely this Fat Rabbit Solo RTA with its excellent flavor rendering is the best single coil rebuildable tank I have ever tested, I tried to give myself an explanation and I think it is partly due to the already described combination of the two AFCs, but I believe that in this, the two breathable ports on the bottom of the tank have a certain importance, which keep the unused liquid separate from the underlying build, thus avoiding the pollution of the liquid reserve with non-vaporized residues. I had already seen a similar realization on an old tank whose name I don't remember and it seemed really effective.

► Pro:
    • Very good quality of materials
    • Attractive design
    • Excellent steam production
    • Intense flavor production
    • Double silent air flow
    • Liquid reserve in the tank always clean
    • Quick and easy to regenerate
    • Convenient price

► Tips:
    • No problem, everything works as described.

Thanks to Hellvape for sending me the sample for review.
    Fat Rabbit Solo RTA-Hellvape - The DIY atomizer leading brand

Thanks for reading.

Hellvape-Fat-Rabbit-Solo-RTA-18.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread