Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at one of Hellvape's latest deals on rebuildable tanks, it's Dead Rabbit 3 rta.
    In this Test I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish the tank. I hope that by the end of this reading you have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RTA; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:
    • 1. RTA with double coils of 25 mm in diameter
    • 2. Top-to-bottom airflow avoids leaking 100% with flawless flavor
    • 3. Honeycomb airflow combined with grooved airflow brings smooth draft and thick vapor
    • 4. Postless deck for easy coil building
    • 5. Quarter turn to open the top cap and easily refill e-liquid
    • 6. 8 colors optional

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-2.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RTA; Packaging:
    The compact red / black package shows the front; the Hellvape logo, that of the famous dead rabbit, a window with a view of the product inside and a gigantic number "3".

On the back are present; the characteristics, parameters, packing list, logos & trademarks required by law.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-3.jpg

On the remaining parts of the package we find; the numerical code (21-08) associated with this item, a stylized drawing of the tank, the name of the product (Dead Rabbit 3 RTA), the slogan "Evolve your vaping genius", the scratch & check, an adhesive label with the batch number and the indication on the color of this sample.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-4.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RTA; Packing List:
    • 1 * Dead Rabbit 3 RTA
    • 2 * Clapton Coil 0.37Ω Ni80
    • 2 * Cotton laces
    • 1 * Coil Cutting Tool
    • 1 * Domed glass
    • 1 * Bag of accessories
    • 1 * User Manual

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-5.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RTA; Features:
    • Size: φ25.0 * 50.5mm
    • Net weight: 59g
    • E-liquid Capacity: 3.5ml (5.5ml Bubble Tank) (2.0ml TPD Version)
    • Drip Tip: 810
    • Deck: Postless Dual coil

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-6.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RTA; Available colours:
    • SS
    • Matte Black
    • Matte Full Black
    • Gunmetal
    • Gold
    • Rainbow
    • Blue
    • Purple

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-7.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RTA; First impressions:
    Dead Rabbit V3 RTA is a 25mm diameter TOP AFC, it is a product intended for RDL / DL use and is easily regenerable even by less experienced vaper's who do not want to go crazy with perfect backcombing and who do not want e-liquid leaks. V3 RTA can be set up in dual coil but also in single-coil and is made of resistant stainless steel. It is supplied by Hellvape in a range of eight different colors. The two specimens I got for this test are; Matte Black with silver decorations on the bell, and Matte Full Black with black and much less conspicuous decorations on the bell. Both appear beautifully painted and could by themselves and with the addition of the SS version please the tastes of any vaper's.

Of course, when you choose to use a double coil RTA it is important to combine it with dual battery MOD or single cell 21700 that are able to push it to high power and that provide the user with a good reserve of energy. However I will not go very high with the power, so I find that Dead Rabbit V3 RTA goes very well with simple and handy Mod 21700. In the image below you can see Dead Rabbit V3 RTA with straight glass (3.5ml) and with domed glass (5.5ml) installed on two fantastic Hellvape AREZ 120 Mods.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-8.jpg

The Dead Rabbit RTA has reached the third version with the aim of providing the end user with an ever better product. In previous versions of Dead Rabbit RTA we can talk about refinements and small improvements between the first RTA V1 and the second RTA V2, in this third RTA V3 we find a postless deck with a tour-air from top to bottom completely redesigned to research of the perfect flavor.

In the image below we can substantially see the progress between the V1 and V2 Decks which consists of a better arrangement of the turrets to simplify the cutting of the legs and the presence in the deck on the second version of two raised bulkheads to contain the cotton and to direct it better inside the draft slots. This V3 version introduces a very different Postless type Deck which has the particularity of having two raised bulkheads with honeycomb holes to direct the air flow laterally and broadly towards the coils, the suction slots of the liquid are now of the open type, to hold the cotton there are 4 small vertical pillows (two for each buttonhole) with a "c" design. To cut the V3 RTA legs, you can rely on the special misuration-tool included in the package.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-9.jpg

In the image below you can see the different internal design of the 3 bells; V1 RTA only had two rather large slots to direct the flow towards the coils but in a limited way, in V2 RTA a honeycomb system was introduced inside the bell composed of two opposing rows each with 18 holes that were in able to better wrap the resistances with the flow of air. V3 RTA has no holes inside the bell and completely distorts the air flow through two bulkheads that compress and channel the flow from top to bottom and then make it rise right under the coils. The air flow goes up towards the coils and is amplified by the 4 holes and the three slots on the postless deck, furthermore, to better embrace the coils laterally, V3 rely on the two raised bulkheads with honeycomb holes which I mentioned in previously and that you can see in the image above.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-10.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RTA; AFC System:
    In the image below, you can see the depiction of the path of the air towards the coils and which I have already talked about. According to Hellvape technicians, the distribution of the air flow around the coils is maximized and for this reason the best performance is achieved in terms of flavor.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-11.jpg

The external regulation of the air flow takes place through a Ring AFC equipped with two opposing rows each with 7 diagonal slots, the ring is equipped with rotation stops and appears precise and well braked during the adjustment, it also allows a large passage of air for deep DL aspirations but also offers good flow restriction for RDL.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-12.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RTA; Exploded View:
    V3 RTA is completely removable for cleaning and consists of; Replaceable Drip Tip 810, a 1/4 turn quick opening top cap, an AFC ring with vertical grooves, a one-piece structure (bell), a straight glass tube replaceable with the supplied bubble tank, and a Postless deck with adjustable pin.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-13.jpg

In this picture you can see the main structure of V3 on the outside; the two slots for e-liquid refueling are large and comfortable, on the side at the top there are two large slots for the passage of air that will be covered by the AFC adjustment ring, the decorations include the stylized dead rabbit and the writing " Dead Rabbit V3 RTA ".

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-14.jpg

In this picture you can see the postless deck of V3 and in particular; the side screws for fixing the coils, the raised walls with honeycomb design for the air flow around the coils and the lower part of the deck with the adjustable and gold-plated 510 pin.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-15.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RTA; Build:
    After turning the RTA and taking out the deck, you need to take; a wire cutter, the flat screwdriver, the coil tool, the two 0.37Ω Clapton Coil resistors in Ni80 and get you ready for the build operations.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-16.jpg

After cutting the legs of the coils to a length of 5mm and inserting them in the appropriate holes on the postless-deck, you have to do this procedure; tighten the screws, straighten the coils, activate the coils to remove any hot-spots, then you can get ready to insert the cotton laces present in the package.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-17.jpg

After installing the coils and inserting the cotton whiskers into the coils and the ends into the slots, you have to do this procedure; moisten the cotton with the liquid, reposition the deck, open the top cap with a quarter turn, fill the tank with the liquid, reposition the top cap, adjust the AFC ring according to your needs . Then you can quickly start to create big clouds.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-18.jpg

► Hellvape Dead Rabbit 3 RTA; Vaping test and final conclusions:
    I am a great admirer of the Hellvape brand because in my opinion it has always built the best low-cost RTA and RDA atomizers. So I'm not surprised that even with Dead Rabbit V3 RTA, the construction materials, the precision of the assemblies and the finishes are all Top aspects. Furthermore, I find the product aesthetically apcativating both using the straight glass (3.5ml) and the 5.5ml convex glass. So I just have to describe my vaping experience with V3.

When it comes to regenerable atomizers I always want to test the original spare part's first and any coils supplied, because I believe that this can better make both the reviewer and the reader understand the constructive concept that underlies a new product.

I then immediately installed on Dead Rabbit 3 RTA the two 0.37Ω Clapton Coil by Hellvape made of Ni80 and the cotton laces presents in the package. The resistive value of the coils shown on the bag is 0.37Ω for each one, in fact, once the build operation is completed, the indicated resistive value is 0.18Ω. I then positioned myself with Arez Mod at 60W and started my test. The "Red-Mix" ripe red fruit liquid I used is one of my favorites, the base is VG / PG 70-30 with 2mg / ml of boost added.

If I were not aware of the fact that I am in front of an Top air-flow Tank, I would surely have believed I was using a simple RTA Bottom air-flow! The puff of V3 is direct and compact towards the lungs, the perception of the boost concentration present in the liquid is very emphasized compared to other Atom DLs that I have used. The high yield also significantly affects the perception of flavor which is very rich and concentrated. The amount of steam emitted is satisfactory, but more than anything else it is the aspirated flow which seems particularly profitable and not very dispersive even with the AFC fully open. Closing the AFC the hit in the throat skyrockets and the heat of the steam increases, lowering the power (W) things are balanced again, I think this is an indication of excellent overall performance. The suction noise with a deep and calm tone is never annoying, in fact the pops of the coils are heard more than the suction.

Ultimately the airflow from top to bottom is managed beautifully through the tricks we saw during the review and this makes the Hellvape tank an excellent atomizer with an equal or better performance than the classic RTAs with AFC positioned in low. Owning a tank with AFC placed at the top also means completely eliminating the unpleasant e-liquid losses, making life easy even for new vapers who do not have to go crazy to refine their manual skills in cotton processing. In addition, the postless deck makes the Dead Rabbit V3 a really simple RTA on which to place two coils. So as for the regenerable tanks for RDL / DL if you want to try something powerful, simple to regenerate and reliable, this DR V3 RTA is for you, take it!

Thanks to Hellvape for sending me these samples for review.
    Dead Rabbit 3 RTA-Hellvape - The DIY atomizer leading brand

Thanks for reading.

Hellvape-Dead-Rabbit-3-RTA-19.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread