Hellvape Helheim S RDTA Review By Frenkyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Hellvape Helheim S RDTA Review By Frenkyou.

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 1.jpg

Hi, today I would like to tell you about Hellvape Helheim S RDTA which uses steel braided cables for the absorption of e-liquid towards the coil. This Helheim S RDTA is not to be confused with the Helheim RDTA which uses only cotton for absorption.
    Enjoy the reading.

► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; Characteristics declared by the manufacturer:
    • RDTA Top Coiler with 25mm diameter developed in Germany⁣
    • Dual airflow system allows for various flavor experiences with huge vapor clouds⁣
    • Large, open deck for easy single-coil build⁣
    • Automatic transfer of e-liquid to the cotton through breathable steel wicks to avoid dry-burning and spitting of e-liquid
    • 5ml capacity, double e-liquid holes for convenient filling⁣

► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; Packaging:
    The compact package, in a fiery red color, shows the front; the Hellvape logo, "Five" to remember the design and development team made up of 5 people in Germany, the inscription Helheim S RDTA and the words "Join The cult".

On the back they are listed; the features, packing list, contacts of Shenzhen Hellvape Technology Co., LTD, logos & trademarks as required by law.

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 2.jpg

Laterally we find; the numeric code (21-03) associated with this product, a stylized drawing of the tank, the name of the product (Helheim S RDTA) and the stylized figure. We still find "Five" and the list of 5 designers from Germany;
    • @piff_sar
    • @ aenigma.clouds
    • @diggerdampf
    • @jack_lord_official
    • @ markusfl54

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 3.jpg

On the remaining parts of the package we find; the motto "Enter your vaping genius", the scratch and check, an adhesive label containing the information on the color of this sample (SS) and the barcode.

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 4.jpg

► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; Kit contents:
    • 1x Tank Helheim S RDTA
    • 1x Replacement glass tube
    • 1x 0.37Ω Ni80 Coil
    • 1x Cotton lace
    • 1x Spare part's envelope
    • 2x Replacement Breathable Steel Wicks
    • 1x Coil cutting tool
    • 1x User Manual

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 5.jpg

► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; Specifications:
    • Dimensions: 25x60mm
    • Net weight: 77g
    • Capacity: 5ml
    • Material: Stainless steel
    • Tank material: Glass
    • Air Flow Control: Double
    • Filling: from above
    • Thread: 510
    • Drip-Tip: 810
    • Build type: Single coil

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 6.JPG

► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; Available colours:
    • SS
    • Matt Black
    • Gunmetal
    • Gold
    • Blue

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 7.jpg

► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; First impressions:
    The Hellvape Helheim S RDTA tank was born with the collaboration of the "FIVE" team, a group of German enthusiasts, the system was developed to obtain excellent DL and RDL performance with a double adjustable air flow. The overall design of this atomizer is captivating with its metal grid to protect the glass.

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 8.JPG

Helheim is probably inspired in Design by the ancient knights of northern Europe ... The maximum diameter of Hellheim S RDTA is only 25mm and can be effectively accommodated on medium / small mods but also on some SBS Mods. The very elongated shape of Helheim S RDTA (about 60mm) led me to find its natural location on one of my favorite SBS Mods, in fact even Brunhilde Mod has a Germanic influence in its design (coincidentally), I would say an excellent combination aesthetic / functional.

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 9.jpg

► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; How it's done:
    Helheim S RDTA is made entirely of stainless steel and is immediately very robust when handled. The weight of 77g confirms this feeling.
    The glass protected by the grille offers excellent visual control of the internal liquid level. From the outside through the glass you can also see the 4 intertwined metal cables for the transfer of the eliquid to the coil.
    Positioned above the glass we find the RDA part of Helheim characterized by a double AFC system and a low and rather wide 810 type Drip Tip.
    The upper Cap is well finished with laser engravings.

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 10.jpg

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    ► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; AFC
    The coil is positioned above the central AFC adjustment ring, the ring is equipped with end stops for rotation and a knurling to improve the grip with the fingers, the double rectangular slot is completely partializable and directs the flow of air directly under the coil.

Positioned above the AFC ring we find the upper Cap which is equipped with an additional double AFC with rotation stops, this AFC has a honeycomb design that directs the airflow towards the sides of the resistance.

The combined double AFC system offers multiple adjustment possibilities, in fact we can rotate the top airflow cap and the lower flow ring... We can then decide whether to use only one airflow control or both.

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 11.JPG

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 12.jpg

► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; Exploded view:
    Helheim S RDTA can be completely dismantled for deeper cleaning operations (I really like this) and a second spare glass is included in the package in the difficult possibility that the one supplied will break.

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 13.jpg

► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; Power supply system:
    Even the 4 twisted cables can be replaced and purchased separately, in the package there are two spare cables. I recommend to handle these cables as little as possible, in fact if you do not work delicately it is likely that they will fall apart and reassembling them is a very difficult operation.

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 14.JPG

In the image below we can see how the 4 twisted cables are arranged. The upper part of the cables protrudes slightly inside the buttonholes that will house the cotton. The liquid will be carried by the cables and feed the cotton above them. The image shows the two white silicone plugs that are used to keep the cables in position during transport, naturally the silicone plugs must be removed when building the coil on the deck.

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 15.jpg

► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; Refil:
    To access the refueling it is necessary to extract the top-cap and the lower part together, grabbing directly the knurled ring nut and pulling upwards. The two holes for inserting the liquid are large and circular in shape, the two pins present in the internal part of the lid and marked by arrows fit into the filling holes preventing the liquid from flowing out, moreover these two pins perform the functions of interlocking of the parts and locking to rotation.

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 16.JPG

► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; Lower base:
    The lower base has a diameter of 25mm (like the Tank) the central pin is plated / gold for better electrical conductivity, the pin is slightly protruding and can be disassembled.

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 17.jpg

► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; Coil-Tool:
    In the kit there is a very simple and effective tool, made of plastic, the tool allows you to cut the excess to the desired size before inserting the coil on the deck.

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 18.jpg

► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; Build:
    The postless deck therefore requires you to cut the coil legs to the desired length before installing them. The screws require a flat head screwdriver to loosen and tighten. Helheim S RDTA can be regenerated in Dual or Single Coil, I chose the latter solution using the 0.37Ω Ni80 Coil supplied in the kit. I left the ends of the cotton long enough to be placed on the bottom of the buttonholes in contact with the intertwined metal cables below.

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 19.jpg

► Hellvape Helheim S RDTA; Final conclusions:
    Hellvape is mainly famous for manufacturing RDA and RTA vaporizers. This time, the manufacturer has opted for the RDTA type with braided cables for the transfer of e-liquid to the Coil. I know and have already tried this variant of atomizers that I personally appreciate very much because it allows you to have the resistance very close to the mouth with a better transfer of flavor, in practice it is like an RDA system but there is also a tank with an interesting capacity of 5ml which guarantees considerable autonomy compared to an equivalent RDA system. And here we can take advantage of the excellent performance of an RDA and the convenience of a Tank RTA in a single system.

With the type of Build that I used and with a power set between 30 and 35W, I was able to notice an optimal and constant feeding of the cotton until the liquid in the Tank ran out. The double AFC adjustment system allows the airflow to fully invest the resistance and set your favorite Puff. Personally I really like (with this coil) to leave the lower AFC open for about 1/3 and use only a couple of notches of the upper AFC, the result is a dense Flavor and concentrated Puff RDL, with a best quality of aroma and a higher steam production that is difficult to find with other systems.

Thanks for reading. I wish Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2022 to all.

Thanks to Hellvape for sending me the sample for review.
    Helheim S RDTA-Hellvape - The DIY atomizer leading brand

Hellvape Helheim S RDTA 20.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread