hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    Hello and welcome back for another review. This time I’ll be attempting to cover the Hellvape Hellbeast 2 Sub Ohm tank. It was sent to me by Hellvape in hopes of providing a fair and honest review. I’ll do my best to meet that expectation. The Hellbeast 2 is the updated version of the original Hellbeast tank. The original Hellbeast had a slide to fill top, came with an adapter that allowed you to use Nautilus coils or you could use the original threaded coils that were included. It also allowed you to use many other of the same type of threaded coils like the GT series of coils. It was also a bottom airflow tank. The new Hellbeast 2 tank is top airflow, has a bayonet style top cap with two fill ports instead of two, and does not include any adapters for other coils. However thanks to a forum friend, I was made aware that the Hellbeast coils are compatible with the GTi coils and they will work in the Hellbeast 2 tank.

The Hellbeast 2 has a base dimension of 24mm and has a liquid capacity of 3.5ml with the pre-installed straight glass. There is also a bubble glass included with the tank that will allow an increased capacity of 5ml. It also includes two of the new P coils that have a larger contact area between the mesh wire and the cotton to improve heating and flavor production.

25kzIdH.jpg

JomPl2G.jpg

WHAT’S IN THE BOX?

1pc Hellvape Hellbeast 2 Sub Ohm Tank

2pc P7-02 0.2ohm KA1 Mesh Coil

1pc Bubble Glass

1pc Accessory Bag

1pc User Manual

QWnpeUS.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS:

Diameter: 24mm

Height: 52.9mm

Capacity: 3.5/5.0ml

Drip Tip: 810

Coil: P7-02 0.2ohm KA1 Mesh Coil

Color: SS, Matte Black, Gunmetal, Gold, Blue

Package: Gift Box

SY03Mnt.jpg

FEATURES:

1. 24mm diameter sub ohm tank

2. Top adjustable airflow to avoid leakage

3. 3.5ml/5ml Vape Juice Capacity

4. Quarter turn to open the top cap and refill the e-liquid easily

5. Changeable 810 drip tip with anti-condensation design

6. New P Coil

mcD3qYH.jpg

ulBsLvW.jpg

jP2ij6p.jpg

INITIAL THOUGHTS:

The packaging for the Hellbeast 2 is a little different from the usual red box with black writing that a lot of Hellvape tanks come in. The colors are basically flipped on this one with the Hellvape and Hellbeast 2 names in red with a textured looking black background. Nice first impression. The back of the box sleeve has some features listed along with the package contents and Hellvape company information. On the sides are a nice sketch in red of the Hellbeast 2 tank and the name of the tank in red on the other side.

upload_2022-8-3_9-40-28.png

upload_2022-8-3_9-40-45.png

The 810 drip tip included with the tank isn’t just the usual standard 810 tip. It has a different internal shape kind of like a diamond or something that helps to prevent condensation from coming out and instead allows the condensation to drop back down into the tank.

6mhDBn0.jpg

The Hellbeast 2 has changed quite a bit from the original Hellbeast sub ohm tank. One of the first things that I noticed was the fill method. The original Hellbeast had a sliding top cap with a single fill port underneath while the Hellbeast 2 has a quarter turn top cap with two fill port openings. Both use an 810 drip tip.

upload_2022-8-3_9-42-56.png

Below you can see that the Hellbeast 2 is able to be fully disassembled for cleaning which is always a good idea since any tank can have residual machining oil or debris from the manufacturer. I always give a tank a bath in warm soapy water for cleaning before using it.

The airflow control ring although removable for cleaning does have a positive stop. There are two long oval airflow openings that provide more airflow than I could ever use. I ran the included .2 ohm KA1 coils at 52 watts with the airflow about ¼ open and it was still plenty of airflow.

The 810 drip tip included doesn’t have any o rings on it but instead the o ring is inside the top cap. I know some people like this but I really don’t know why this is advantageous. The bottom cap has three gold plated contacts built into it to provide better conductivity to the base of the coil once inserted.

upload_2022-8-3_9-43-27.png

The chimney section of the Hellbeast 2 has two o rings on it to secure the glass tank section in place and a third o ring to help hold the airflow control ring in place. On the center of the chamber exterior is the Hellbeast name along with the Hellbeast picture. On the bottom of the tank is written “Hellbeast 2 Sub Ohm Tank and the 510 center pin is gold plated.

upload_2022-8-3_9-44-15.png

Below you can see the Hellbeast 2 in blue on the left with the pre-installed straight glass tank section. In the middle is the black version with the included bubble glass installed. Finally on the right is the original Hellbeast tank. You can see the arrow on the top cap of the original version indicating where to push to slide the cap open for filling. The Hellbeast 2 tanks just have the standard bayonet style top cap that you give a ¼ turn to remove for filling. Also, the original was a bottom airflow tank where the Hellbeast 2 is a top airflow tank.

upload_2022-8-3_9-44-45.png

IcBEFq4.jpg

8WjVYrh.jpg

Included with the Hellbeast 2 are two .2 ohm P series mesh coils that are rated for 50-60 watts. I was able to comfortably run the included coils at 52 watts without the vapor being too warm which is a big plus for me as I tend to like a cooler vape. I found the included coils to be very good flavor producers and provide generous amounts of vapor.

upload_2022-8-3_9-53-14.png

upload_2022-8-3_9-53-27.png

FINAL THOUGHTS:

I normally don’t use a lot of tanks with drop in coils because it’s just too hard to keep a bunch of different coils for each tank. I have to really like a tank in order to buy coils for it. However, thanks to a forum friend I have found out that the new Hellvape P series coils are the same dimensions as the GTi coils that I already have a few packages of and like very much. I really do like the Hellbeast 2 tanks so may go ahead and get some coils for it or just use the GTi coils that I know I like also.

The Hellbeast 2 is really a solid flavor producing tank in my opinion. The anti-condensation tip is a feature that I like and shows me that Hellvape put a little extra thought into this tank instead of just popping out another tank. I very much like that it is top airflow to help prevent leaking and the ¼ turn top cap with two large fill ports is a welcome update to the sliding top cap of the original. I have a couple of the originals and was running one on an SBS mod but had to take the tank off to refill due to the sliding cap always being in the wrong position so I couldn’t slide it open on the mod.

I started out with the straight glass on one tank that allows a capacity of 3.5ml but found myself constantly refilling with using the included .2 ohm P series coils at 52 watts. The flavor was really good and I like the way the straight glass looks on the tank but quickly grew tired of filling it. I then switched to the bubble glass for a 5ml capacity which was better. I personally would like to see a .4 ohm coil in the P series included with this tank. That way I could run the coil at a lower wattage and use the straight glass without constantly filling.

So, would I recommend the Hellvape Hellbeast Sub Ohm Tank for you? If you’re looking for a solid top airflow tank that produces good flavor and large amounts of vapor then yes I would. Even though it’s not advertised, you can use a couple different coils in this one if you choose.

I’d like to thank Hellvape and Jessica for sending the Hellvape Hellbeast 2 Sub Ohm Tanks for this review. Thanks also to you the readers for sticking it out until the end of another review. Below is a link where you can check out the Hellbeast 2 and all of the awesome Hellvape products.

Hellbeast 2 Subohm Tank-Hellvape - The DIY atomizer leading brand
    upload_2022-8-3_9-54-5.png

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Great review Hitt, your match of mod color is spot on. It's always a big plus when another manufacturer's coils work in the tank as well.

Thanks. It was just by luck that the Thelema arrived in time for the review.

Reactions: bigbob2322

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    hi great review ive just ordered one and cant wait . do you by any chance know which type of GTI coils this can take ? . thanks
    Thanks. The GTi coils are Vaporesso that are used in the iTank which I also like very much. There are different resistances of those coils available. I like the .4 ohm ones quite a bit. Of course you can use the .2 ohm Hellvape coils like what come with it. I'm not sure but thought I had heard that they are going to start shipping them with a .2 coil and a different one instead of getting both .2 like the sample I received.

Reactions: Frenkyou
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread