Hellvape MD MTL always leaking..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
My tanks always randomly leaks.. sometimes after a few hour or sometime on day 3..
I've tried thicker cotton, thinner cotton. Packed in the juice ports, very lightly packed in the juice ports, fluffed and not fluffed. Higher coil, lower coil. More spaced, less spaced. 0.6 to 1.0 ohms. 10 watts to 15 watts. 4 out of 5 times my tank will leak out through to vent ports.. I'm not drawing hard either.. i use port 3 mostly, but sometimes port 2 and the open hole turn table big and smaller one..
What is the deal? I can't safely make a new coil after a tank cleaning and just be on my way..

20200509_165110.jpg
20200509_165130.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: AkiraFZ

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
I bought 2 MDs in January this year and had no leak at all. Then I bought 2 more in June and both of them leak very badly.

I changed all the rubber o-rings but no luck. So I tried to exchange parts between Jan ones and June ones to find out which part has problem.

All bottom section (the deck) had no problem as long as I use Jan one's top section.
The only time they leaked when I used June one's top section.

I am still at the stage of checking but I think the filling port of June ones are leaking air which causes flooding the deck.

Last edited:

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Simplejack, I know that it's off topic but have you seen the Taifun GX RDTA clones yet?

As may be something that is easier to work and live with.

I'm getting some Ulton versions to try out and to try and get my Ma to finally stop smoking and start vaping instead, I'll be able to give more info on them when I've had a chance to play with one properly.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
My tanks always randomly leaks.. sometimes after a few hour or sometime on day 3..
I've tried thicker cotton, thinner cotton. Packed in the juice ports, very lightly packed in the juice ports, fluffed and not fluffed. Higher coil, lower coil. More spaced, less spaced. 0.6 to 1.0 ohms. 10 watts to 15 watts. 4 out of 5 times my tank will leak out through to vent ports.. I'm not drawing hard either.. i use port 3 mostly, but sometimes port 2 and the open hole turn table big and smaller one..
What is the deal? I can't safely make a new coil after a tank cleaning and just be on my way..

View attachment 884355 View attachment 884357

Sorry for switching topic,but is that a Jackaroo Mod?
If it is kudos my friend,I'm loving mine ;)

Reactions: Simplejack

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
I bought 2 MDs in January this year and had no leak at all. Then I bought 2 more in June and both of them leak very badly.

I changed all the rubber o-rings but no luck. So I tried to exchange parts between Jan ones and June ones to find out which part has problem.

All bottom section (the deck) had no problem as long as I use Jan one's top section.

I am still at the stage of checking but I think the filling port of June ones are leaking air which causes flooding the deck.

Well that's not good at all. Sounds like a manufacturer defect in some way.
Mine where purchased in May at myVpro.
I have better luck with my gun metal colored one.
The Black one leaks every time no matter how I make my coil and set my cotton.
I sent a email to Hellvape for a warranty claim, so will see what happens.

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
@Simplejack, I know that it's off topic but have you seen the Taifun GX RDTA clones yet?

As may be something that is easier to work and live with.

I'm getting some Ulton versions to try out and to try and get my Ma to finally stop smoking and start vaping instead, I'll be able to give more info on them when I've had a chance to play with one properly.
I have not and I do not like the look of that tank at all, so I wouldn't even consider it.

• Useful
Reactions: Mordacai

Simplejack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2011
Washington
Sorry for switching topic,but is that a Jackaroo Mod?
If it is kudos my friend,I'm loving mine ;)
Yes it is. Forced to buy in the orange, but it works great. Really want the Black or AE..
Had a black screen a few times, but other then that, works great. :)
I like knowing if I drop it, it won't break too easy and I like the stability of it when sitting on a table.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Yes it is. Forced to buy in the orange, but it works great. Really want the Black or AE..
Had a black screen a few times, but other then that, works great. :)
I like knowing if I drop it, it won't break too easy and I like the stability of it when sitting on a table.

About the color yeah i feel you.
Got a really good offer in China paid less than 30 bucks with delivery and all but was forced to get it in Ridged Red.

I do prefer black thou so i looked around spanish websites and found the Obsidian Black panels,now it looks sweet all in black.

DSC00198.JPG

Performance wise I'm loving the mod.
Easy to use,very sturdy and heavy,i like that.

Took me a long time (still struggling) to learn to wick the PeaceMaker RTA properly so it leaked juice a bit,loved just taking the atty off and running the mod under the tap,made cleaning so easy.

In the near future i am planning in getting another one,that is how much i like it :)

P.S. Black screen? yeah now that you mentioned it,that did happen once but it was only for a couple of seconds.

Reactions: Mordacai

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA

Well that is unfortunate to hear about the leaking problems some of you are having. I just received 2 MDs in the mail yesterday. The reviews I read made me feel pretty confident that they were good for beginner RTA users like myself.

Mordacai

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2019
UK
@Simplejack, the GX's are RDTA's and not tanks. But of course not everyone will like the look of them, but I was just thinking that RDTA's work differently than RTA's.

They are basically an RDA with a large liquid reservoir, so the best of both worlds.

What about the Vapefly Galaxies or Brunhillde MTL RDTA's, they're the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

AkiraFZ

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2016
Tokyo, Japan
Well that's not good at all. Sounds like a manufacturer defect in some way.
Mine where purchased in May at myVpro.
I have better luck with my gun metal colored one.
The Black one leaks every time no matter how I make my coil and set my cotton.
I sent a email to Hellvape for a warranty claim, so will see what happens.

Somehow my MDs stopped leaking. All I did was disassemble the sliding lid of the filling port and wash all the parts under running water. Especially the top section underneath the white silicon and the silicon itself by rubbing them (needed to disassemble the black one twice and cleaned with used toothbrush to fully stop leaking). They looked fairly clean when I disassemble them but after cleaning them and re-assembled again, they stopped leaking.

I am not sure this is the case for everyone who has leaking problem but mine worked this way. Hope this info will help someone.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Don't have that RTA but totally know how you feel. I have two Silverplay RTAs... one always leaks, the other doesn't. I'm convinced it's a defect and seems to be similar (somewhere at the top of the chimney and/or top capseals) Only advice I can offer is to close the airflow when not using it (and when filling) Seems to help. Keep lots of paper towels handy.

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
Don't have that RTA but totally know how you feel. I have two Silverplay RTAs... one always leaks, the other doesn't. I'm convinced it's a defect and seems to be similar (somewhere at the top of the chimney and/or top capseals) Only advice I can offer is to close the airflow when not using it (and when filling) Seems to help. Keep lots of paper towels handy.
Well that sucks. I bought a Silverplay when I bought my two MDs. Hopefully mine is of the non-leaking variety!

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Well that sucks. I bought a Silverplay when I bought my two MDs. Hopefully mine is of the non-leaking variety!
They are a bit tricky to build (feel free to send me a PM) but if you get it right, it has very good flavor (also can do MTL or restricted DL depending on the airflow insert you use)

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand

View attachment 884355 View attachment 884357

I'd change out the o-rings around where the glass seals

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread