Problems with Hellvape MTL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I don't know if it's your first time using rebuildables but it's not the easiest one to build in my opinion for a new user......u gonna get used to it tho...

Always make sure the cotton is tight through the coil so u don't get spitback.....not anything crazy but tight so that the coil gets pulled a bit while u do it and maybe u need to hold the coil with hand so it won't bend...

About the leaks u get u need to add more cotton into the juice ports and u must try remember how much u put and the next time try a bit more to avoid leaks...
The juice ports should be filled with cotton....
A little bit a condensation into the airflow holes it's ok but leaking means u didn't used enough cotton into the ports...
Also in case u use 50/50 vg pg ofc gonna need more cotton than the 70vg for example...it depends the juice u use....

About the flavour in my opinion u run this coil very low watts....with the airflow open to 4 as u say u use in my opinion u should run it at 15-18watts or something...not less than 15 cause this coil is tiny but it's a fused Clapton 2x32/28 ni80...

also if the cotton is not enought and u get lot of juice to the coil then it's not able to vaporise the juice juice properly cause it's tooooo much for it.... and low wattage make it even harder...that's why maybe u don't get good flavour....

The hellvape md gives veeery good flavour so that shouldn't be problem...
Just give some time to yourself to learn to build it and make it work without leaks and problems and then u gonna find the right wattage for you to use it...

:toast::vapor:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I will try to decrease the amount of cotton. and the issue of the leak could also be cotton?

Decreasing the amount of cotton isn't going to help any leaking issue.

In an RTA, cotton is one of the main barriers between your juice and the rest of the world. So depending on what kind of cotton your using, more cotton (not less) is always better when trying to solve leaking issues.

Using a larger ID coil is one way to be heavier on the cotton. If a 3mm ID coil will fit, try using that instead of a 2.5mm... that way your maximizing the amount of cotton you can use.

Your already having a problem not having enough of a barrier more than likely, so decreasing your cotton just means your juice is likely to run out even faster than it is now.

• Winner
Reactions: MLEJ

Gabriel Disconzi

Apr 8, 2021
I don't know if it's your first time using rebuildables but it's not the easiest one to build in my opinion for a new user......u gonna get used to it tho...

Always make sure the cotton is tight through the coil so u don't get spitback.....not anything crazy but tight so that the coil gets pulled a bit while u do it and maybe u need to hold the coil with hand so it won't bend...

About the leaks u get u need to add more cotton into the juice ports and u must try remember how much u put and the next time try a bit more to avoid leaks...
The juice ports should be filled with cotton....
A little bit a condensation into the airflow holes it's ok but leaking means u didn't used enough cotton into the ports...
Also in case u use 50/50 vg pg ofc gonna need more cotton than the 70vg for example...it depends the juice u use....

About the flavour in my opinion u run this coil very low watts....with the airflow open to 4 as u say u use in my opinion u should run it at 15-18watts or something...not less than 15 cause this coil is tiny but it's a fused Clapton 2x32/28 ni80...

also if the cotton is not enought and u get lot of juice to the coil then it's not able to vaporise the juice juice properly cause it's tooooo much for it.... and low wattage make it even harder...that's why maybe u don't get good flavour....

The hellvape md gives veeery good flavour so that shouldn't be problem...
Just give some time to yourself to learn to build it and make it work without leaks and problems and then u gonna find the right wattage for you to use it...

:toast::vapor:
I was putting the cotton too tight in the coil, I changed the cotton, I made it less tight and I increased the watts and apparently the taste is already better, but the leak still hasn't stopped, I will try to fill the juice holes with cotton. Thank you for the tip!

Reactions: Superuser187

Gabriel Disconzi

Apr 8, 2021
Decreasing the amount of cotton isn't going to help any leaking issue.

In an RTA, cotton is one of the main barriers between your juice and the rest of the world. So depending on what kind of cotton your using, more cotton (not less) is always better when trying to solve leaking issues.

Using a larger ID coil is one way to be heavier on the cotton. If a 3mm ID coil will fit, try using that instead of a 2.5mm... that way your maximizing the amount of cotton you can use.

Your already having a problem not having enough of a barrier more than likely, so decreasing your cotton just means your juice is likely to run out even faster than it is now.

Can you give me good coil tips to make 3mm to use nicsalt 35mg?

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
U should know tho that almost every coil will give you good flavour as long as the wicking is well made....the cotton is everything...I suggest for now stick with the coil u got and just rebuild then cotton until it works good and after u find the sweet spot then u can use any coil u want...
It's easier this way...
The coil u use now is like the best for flavour cause it can produce loooots of vapor
Enjoy

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Can you give me good coil tips to make 3mm to use nicsalt 35mg?

I wouldn't use that high a mg in any rebuildable, but that's me.

Are you just now coming off a long time smoking habit? How long did you smoke?

What other devices and nicotine levels have you tried? (Just trying to figure out why your using 35mg)

If your flavor is better with less cotton, to what extent are you stuffing cotton behind the juice port holes? Are you getting cotton behind there really well?

Did you watch the build video and is what your doing the same?

Last edited:
  • Agree

Gabriel Disconzi

Apr 8, 2021
I wouldn't use that high a mg in any rebuildable, but that's me.

Are you just now coming off a long time smoking habit? How long did you smoke?

What other devices and nicotine levels have you tried? (Just trying to figure out why your using 35mg)

If your flavor is better with less cotton, to what extent are you stuffing cotton behind the juice port holes? Are you getting cotton behind there really well?

Did you watch the build video and is what your doing the same?
I smoked for 4 years in a row, about 14-20 cigarettes a day, I decided to change that and bought my first vape, a swag. In Brazil everything about vape is more expensive and so I decided to buy a RTA because of the cost benefit, I was already building very well and I bought a Luxe 2 and a Drop RDA, I got along very well with the assembly of the RTA and RDA. I felt that freebase was very weak in terms of nicotine and I bought a Drag Nano and a nicsalt, I really liked using nicsalt, but due to the prices the pod is not worth it in Brazil, a package of tanks is expensive, I even managed to rebuild several tanks because I have the complete build kit here, but the taste doesn't look like the original, so I bought the hellvape mtl (my first mtl), I still haven't adapted because I don't know much about builds on this atomizer, and the problem is that in Brazil we don't have many videos explaining about the assembly and tips on how to do it correctly.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I smoked for 4 years in a row, about 14-20 cigarettes a day, I decided to change that and bought my first vape, a swag. In Brazil everything about vape is more expensive and so I decided to buy a RTA because of the cost benefit, I was already building very well and I bought a Luxe 2 and a Drop RDA, I got along very well with the assembly of the RTA and RDA. I felt that freebase was very weak in terms of nicotine and I bought a Drag Nano and a nicsalt, I really liked using nicsalt, but due to the prices the pod is not worth it in Brazil, a package of tanks is expensive, I even managed to rebuild several tanks because I have the complete build kit here, but the taste doesn't look like the original, so I bought the hellvape mtl (my first mtl), I still haven't adapted because I don't know much about builds on this atomizer, and the problem is that in Brazil we don't have many videos explaining about the assembly and tips on how to do it correctly.

I don't often listen to the words on a build video, I just watch what they do - so you can "see" and just turn the sound off for the most part and still get benefit of watching how others are doing it.

I am a mtl vaper but don't own the hellvape - although it looks like a good basic RTA. I don't need a lot of nicotine and currently vape 3mg/ml using a .7 ohm clapton coil (SS 316l) running around 22 watts.

If I were you, I'd just watch (without necessarily listening) some build videos for the hellvape (such as I posted above) just too see how he's wicking and where in the well he's stuffing cotton, and about how much cotton he's using.

Some cotton is "fluffier" than others and so works a little better to prevent any leaking... you can also do different things to make sure you have more cotton in your tails than you have running through your coil, such as cutting the center thinner than your cutting your tails, when your using a less fluffy cotton..

For you it's going to be some trial by error, until you learn how to best wick this RTA..

But just know, wicking is everything in any RTA.

Gabriel Disconzi

Apr 8, 2021
I don't often listen to the words on a build video, I just watch what they do - so you can "see" and just turn the sound off for the most part and still get benefit of watching how others are doing it.

I am a mtl vaper but don't own the hellvape - although it looks like a good basic RTA. I don't need a lot of nicotine and currently vape 3mg/ml using a .7 ohm clapton coil (SS 316l) running around 22 watts.

If I were you, I'd just watch (without necessarily listening) some build videos for the hellvape (such as I posted above) just too see how he's wicking and where in the well he's stuffing cotton, and about how much cotton he's using.

Some cotton is "fluffier" than others and so works a little better to prevent any leaking... you can also do different things to make sure you have more cotton in your tails than you have running through your coil, such as cutting the center thinner than your cutting your tails, when your using a less fluffy cotton..

For you it's going to be some trial by error, until you learn how to best wick this RTA..

But just know, wicking is everything in any RTA.

perfect, I slightly adjusted the coil and I’m going to put the cotton now, I was cutting it at the base of the glass, I’m going to do it as in the video now.

• Love
Reactions: Opinionated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread