Hellvape MD RtA flooding problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
I have hellvape me rta and I had some flooding problems and I checked the top fill seal I love the topfill and check it with my mouth and I see that it's not sealing perfectly.... The rubber seal seems to not make perfect contact and I wonder could this cause flooding problems when I leave my vape without using it??? It draw air into the juice chamber??? Also someone here on a thread mention he had 2 hellvapes and when he swap the topfill parts with each other his vape don't leak....should we have perfect seal at the top fill mechanism???

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
It just tend of flood the coil when not used to few hours....or overnight...I can put the cotton tighter but that is not ideal and I wanted to see the cause of it....when I say the top cap not seal good it's not that I have leakage from the top cause my juice is not very thin I guess but when I take it apart I test it with my mouth it have some air leakage from the seal Soo there is a some air leakage to the juice part cause I guess the air chamber wouldn't matter if had...I was curious like should it be airtight?

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yes, your topfill cap should be reasonably air tight when closed. Otherwise you can get eventual flooding in the chamber and obviously eventual leaking of juice into the base and out the air flow control.

But leaking can also be caused by the ends of your wick (the tails) not being cut properly and not being tucked into the juice wells on the deck properly for whichever particular RTA you are using. Not all wicking techniques are the same for all RTAs and vaping styles.

This advice is not specific to your particular tank - it is general advice for all rebuildable tanks from my personal experience. Sometimes it takes some practice and trial and error to figure out what works best for a particular tank. It may very well be that the top fill gasket on your RTA is defective/engineered poorly and this could very well be the sole source of your leaking problem, but I don't know.

SUGGESTION: Consider changing the title of your post. "HEEELLLLLPPPP :D" does not tell people what you need help with and will not attract people who have your specific RTA. The more targeted your title is, the more you will attract others who use that tank and therefore you will get more targeted and helpful replies. To change the title of your post, go to "Thread Tools". If the option to change the title is not there, contact @classwife to have her change it for you.

Last edited:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    yup,wicking issue.:)
    I have tried wicking in every way and the only way for it to work is to stuff sooooo much cotton that gets hard like a rock and then ok I don't have problems but I just see other people wick other rtas and this same rta and they put much less cotton and works fine soon I was curious why but ok I try many days and now I will just stuff lot of cotton and vape it that way lol :D

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If you think there is a possibility that the top fill gasket is not sealing properly and this is what is causing your leaking, lift up the top fill gasket, find something that is very thin (VERY THIN, like probably 0.25mm or less to start) to stick underneath the gasket to raise it.

Just make sure whatever thin material you use is distributed evenly under the gasket (both sides, back and front) so that you do have a lop-sided gasket.

By raising the gasket this should make a better seal.

This could possibly give you an idea if the gasket is the culprit.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    If you think there is a possibility that the top fill gasket is not sealing properly and this is what is causing your leaking, lift up the top fill gasket, find something that is very thin (VERY THIN, like probably 0.25mm or less to start) to stick underneath the gasket to raise it.

Just make sure whatever thin material you use is distributed evenly under the gasket (both sides, back and front) so that you do have a lop-sided gasket.

By raising the gasket this should make a better seal.

This could possibly give you an idea if the gasket is the culprit.

That's exactly what I tried just now and since u suggest it also I guess I am the right track :D yaaaaay ty

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    what i'm reading is(it will leak when not in use)the gasket would not come in to play with the sitting tank.could be a bottom o ring?

My problem is flooding /leaking into the coil and seems that when the top don't seal properly it helps the juice go in the coil more....it's like when they say not leave open the topfill when u refill I guess...and this hellvape md as I see many people have problem and I think that's why now after many days I try figure it out hahahah it's my first rta and I guess I will learn a lot from it xD maybe that's how a first rta must be tricky sooo that I learn better lol

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    I checked those also but seems I would have juice coming out but my problem is flooding /leaking into the coil and seems that when the top don't seal properly it helps the juice go in the coil more cause of atmospheric pressure ....it's like when they say not leave open the topfill when u refill I guess...and this hellvape md as I see many people have problem and I think that's why now after many days I try figure it out hahahah it's my first rta and I guess I will learn a lot from it xD maybe that's how a first rta must be tricky sooo that I learn better lol

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
    Nov 8, 2010
    Ohio
    I have a few Zeus tanks that are top fillers and I have had a few pop open because when I twisted the top cap closed I didn't twist it far enough. It just felt closed. Be sure to twist the cap on as far as it will go.

Here is what Hellvape has to say about the problem:

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    I have a few Zeus tanks that are top fillers and I have had a few pop open because when I twisted the top cap closed I didn't twist it far enough. It just felt closed. Be sure to twist the cap on as far as it will go.

Here is what Hellvape has to say about the problem:

Thaaaaank you very much....I have seen this and it's funny that the wicking in this official pic from hellvape is horrible btw hahahaha it's funny they say also we need to use cotton for 3mm coil and stuff it into 2.5mm :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread